Disney Cruise Line

jvalencia

Original Poster
The Disney Cruise Line is in Florida. Do you think it should've been in California. There is already a LOT to do in florida. Do you think California Disney fans should get more instead of Florida.

MarkTwain

Actually, the current thinking is that once the Dream is launched, it will be taking the Wonder's place in Port Canaveral, and the Wonder will become Disney's new west coast ship sailing out of Los Angeles and Vancouver.

So from your mouth to Disney's ears. :)

Kamikaze

The Disney Cruise Line is in Florida. Do you think it should've been in California. There is already a LOT to do in florida. Do you think California Disney fans should get more instead of Florida.

First, it is about an hour away from WDW.

Second, when the new two ships are launched, two ships are going to be transferred to the West Coast.

Well the 2 new ships they're building I think are for Florida but I'm not sure. Magic and Wonder could both get moved to west coast or they could have one big ship and one small one for each coast. There's also the Mediterranean cruises they have, too.

tampabrad

It was started in Florida for a reason.

More people go to WDW for multiple day stays and there was a big guest demand for a cruise/WDW vacation. Before Disney Cruise Line, there were packages with the Big Red Boat.

Once people found out about the awesomeness of Disney Cruise Line, they wanted different itineraries and DCL answered by offering Medeteranean, West Coast ect.

Once the ships relocate to the West Coast, I wouldn't be suprised if we see a Hawaii cruise. Especially with the new resort opening in Hawaii.

happymom52003

Well the 2 new ships they're building I think are for Florida but I'm not sure. Magic and Wonder could both get moved to west coast or they could have one big ship and one small one for each coast. There's also the Mediterranean cruises they have, too.

For 2011:

The Disney Wonder will be doing Alaska and the Mexican Riviera.
The Disney Magic will be doing the Caribbean and Europe.
The Disney Dream will be doing the Bahamas.

The Disney Fantasy will be ready in 2012. No details about which itinerary it will have, although there are several speculations which I won't get into since they are just speculations.

MarkTwain

Current train of thought for after new ships are built:

Dream & Fantasy: Carribean cruises sailing from Port Canaveral. Presumably one taking 7-night cruises and the other doing 3 and 4 nights or 5 and 2 nights.

Wonder: West Coast cruises sailing from Los Angeles to the Mexican Riviera, and cruises from Vancouver up to Alaska.

Magic: the unknown variable, but likely will continue doing the foreign itineraries, like Barcelona to the Mediterranean, Dover to the Nordic/Baltic, and Transatlantic crossings. Iger has also hinted at cruises around China and Latin America, so I could see the Magic doing those too.

happymom52003

There were also rumors that the home port of the Fantasy might be New York, which would mean the possibility of Bermuda and Eastern Canada itineraries. I think this would be the next logical step for DCL, since most other cruise lines offer those itineraries. Galveston was once rumored as a port, which I would LOVE since I live in TX....but I somehow don't see that happening...but I am keeping my fingers crossed because it would definitely mean more Disney cruises for me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom