Disney Cruise Line Stateroom Reviews

pcarathers

Ship: Disney Dream
Stateroom #: 7616
Category: 04C / Family Oceanview w/Verandah
Sail Date: 9/15/11

91626.jpg

The location of the room was situated between the aft & midship elevators. Which elevators to use depended on the desired destination because we were close to the halfway point. Laundry facilities were a little haul from where we were as well. ((You know me and my laundry! :lol:))

The room was the larger size verandah room at 299 sq. ft. We had the split bath with large, round tub which was spacious. It had both a handheld, adjustable height shower head AND a big rainshower head in the center. This particular stateroom did NOT have the 4th Murphy bed that sleeps the 5th person in other deluxe family staterooms which was fine since we had only 4 people to sleep in 3 beds: queen, sofa conversion, & pull-down. All beds were super comfy. No complaints. Loved the verandah. Gotta make sure the slider door is all the way shut & latched on windy nights or it whistles. No problems whatsoever with the room or our steward. Love all the storage (under bed is massive!) and felt like we had more space/conveniences than in many of the larger WDW resort rooms we've had. No noise complaints other than the occasional full-speed running children who love those looooong hallways. :animwink:

91516.jpg

Under bed storage!
91517.jpg

91518.jpg

91519.jpg

91522.jpg

91520.jpg

91521.jpg
we just booked our "DREAM" cruise for next May 2013! our room # assigned to us is 7632.category 04C Deck 7. We are sooo hoping that this is a good room! although, at this point, I would sleep in the engine room just to be on the ship!!!!! lol....we think it will be a good location just looking at the diagram of the ship on the DCL site, but really do not care if it is not!!!!

ExRoadie

we just booked our "DREAM" cruise for next May 2013! our room # assigned to us is 7632.category 04C Deck 7. We are sooo hoping that this is a good room! although, at this point, I would sleep in the engine room just to be on the ship!!!!! lol....we think it will be a good location just looking at the diagram of the ship on the DCL site, but really do not care if it is not!!!!

Looks like an excellent location between the mid and aft elevators on the starboard side.

I found this excellent PDF of the Dream and used it to learn my way around the boat. The zoom function lets you get details that the DCL site doesn't offer.

http://www.cruiseweb.nl/images/disneydream/dekplan.pdf

Tusportsfan

Ship: DREAM
Stateroom #: 10090
Room Category: 4A - Delixe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda
Aft, Mid or Forward: MID
ate of Sailing: August 19 - 24, 2012

Slept 4 - with the pull down bed, which was not needed as there were only three of us.

The cabin itself was immaculate and very roomy and I am now hooked on this particular cabin level, as long as the circular tub is included. I'm 6' 5", and for the first time ever on a cruise, I was able to take a shower standing straight, rather than hunched over, due to the rainfall shower head in this cabin.

The only negative to this room is the noise factor, being it is on deck 10. From about 1/2 an hour before breakfast was served until well after midnight, there was always some sort of racket going on above us. I was not surprised about the noise levels given some of the other reviews here, but it did take a little while for both my wife and daughter to get used to the background noise.

I would not hesitate to get this cabin again, would recommend it to anyone. The only caveat is that being a VERY sound sleeper really helps here.

A few pictures will follow shortly, when all are unloaded from the various cameras used on our trip.

Mkmommy

We were on the Magic recently and we stayed in 5131, an 11B aft on 5, only holds 3.

This was our 8th cruise on the Magic/Wonder and have stayed in 5A-11C and this is my favorite room. Location was perfect for us, never heard any hallway noise or any vibrations and once the beds were split it was a very spacious room.

Senior officers must have quarters at the end as we saw them always coming and going, but this was a bonus because room service trays were never left in the hall for more than 30 minutes.

SAM_0306.jpg

sweetpee_1993

^^^
Nice! I don't think I've ever seen pics of a room with the beds split! That's good info to have! Definitely looks spacious (as cruise ships go). I don't think these split beds are common on the Disney ships, are they?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Disney Magic
Stateroom #7118
Category 5B
Portside Aft
Sail Date - September 12, 2012

This room was super convenient. It was just a quick trip up to the drink stations and seemed easy to get to from all over. We loved the location. The room slept 3 and had a steamer trunk. It was quiet with no noise issues at all.

Canada146.jpg

Canada1231.jpg

You could look down on the verandah from Topsiders. Here's my hubby on the verandah:

Canada2494.jpg

5thGenTexan

Disney Magic
Stateroom #6512
Category 9A
Starboard Forward
Sail Date - September 29, 2012 - Galveston - Grand Cayman - Costa Maya - Cozumel

Our stateroom was not noisy from the outside, but I am sure my 20 month old bothered others. Sorry if it was anyone here. :oops: I did hear the anchor being dropped on the day we were at Grand Cayman. That was loud. :) It was also a little cramped for the 4 of us, but that was due to the pack and play we had set up. That took alot of space. We did have a steamer trunk, wave phones, all the usual stuff I guess.

Not so good things...

The mattress was high right down the middle, and was a little annoying. The shower head leaked when it was on an the shower valve needed a little maintenance. Not big problems, but probably should be addressed.

I'd post photos, but I haven't uploaded them to photobucket yet.

harveyt0206

Disney Dream
Stateroom #8662
Category ummmm...I can't remember. It was 8 something I think. We had a Navigator's Verandah
Starboard Aft
Sail date - September 13 - 16th Nassau and Castaway Cay

This room had a great location. We literally would step out of our stateroom and on to the elevators, or right up and down the stairs. That premium location did come with a small price in that it is obviously a high traffic area, which means a bit of noise at peak times of the day. And even though we had a Navigator's Verandah, which supposedly includes an obstructed view, we did not notice it. There was a very small overhang on the right side, but it was inconsequential. This room was immaculate. We had a small problem with our TV on the second night of the cruise. It wouldn't change channels and the picture was stuck. We called down to Guest Services and they had some one from maintenance in our room within ten minutes. He reset something on the back of he TV and we were in business again. Other than that single, small glitch, everything in the room worked great.

I had read on several blogs that you can feel the vibration of the ship more in the Aft, and I have to agree. It wasn't unbearable to us, but it was noticeable. By the third day it didn't bother me at all and I actually came to have positive associations with both the ship's unusual noises and movements. It just came to mean that I was on a Disney Cruise, which was a great thing.

I would absolutely stay in this room again if given the chance.

iloverags2

Disney Dream
Stateroom # 8084
Category 5B
Midship Port
10/4 - 10/7/12

Loved the stateroom and location! We were just steps down the hall from the midship lifts and stairs - super convenient! Very little noise in the halls, above, and below us. The stateroom is in excellent condition, and provides a very nice view from the verandah.

This stateroom does sleep four, as I did notice a pull down in the ceiling. I slept on the convertible couch, which is probably my only complaint - it was definitely not as comfortable as the one I slept on when we sailed the Magic several years ago. But that could just be my old age catching up with me!

Predsfan75

We just cruised the Fantasy in stateroom 8034- no noises other then a couple of kids running down the halls a couple of times. Great room- it is a stateroom with a verandah. Full trip report coming soon! :)

Fantasy Room 2038
Location, location, location.
This is a super room because of location. The room can be seen from the glass elevator on Deck 2. The room is steps from Enchanted Garden & Midship Detective Agency. The atrium & Royal Palace are just a spiral staircase away.
Nice padded window seat in room.

coilback

Okay, here's one to add to the list:

Ship - Disney Magic
Stateroom #7126
Room Category - 07A I believe (Navigator's Veranda)
Aft, Mid or Forward - Aft
Date of Sailing - 05-10-13

This was the 8 day Bahamian Cruise from Galveston, TX. Location of the stateroom is great. You are located Aft which is where a good portion of the stuff to do is, along with Topsiders and the Drink Station. You are only two decks down so the elevators or stairs are easy enough. You are also a short walk away from the "private" deck at the rear on deck 7 to lay out on (I say private with quotes because you can be seen from Topsiders pretty easily).

Not sure of square footage, but was roomy enough for the two of us. There is a split bathroom - one room has a sink and toilet along with a small corner shelf unit with three shelves. The second (right next to it, same wall) has a sink and the shower. Great for two people getting ready in the morning. Bed I believe is King size (bigger than our Queen at home). The couch folds out to a sleeper as well, but we didn't need it. Had a vertical set "steamer trunk" that opened into some shelves on the wall across/center from the bed along with a Pirates of the Caribbean sketch framed. The closets on the right side when you walk in have two sliding doors, quite a few hangers - a shelf on top and the safe at the bottom left. Next to it is a set of drawers.

In the half of the room with the couch there's a dresser with tons of shelves, a cabinet above the swing out TV (where they usually hide the extra blankets/pillows) and a Beverage cooler (under the TV). The Navigator's Veranda has the big open porthole, a bench to the left with a small table and a chair (movable) to the right side. There was more room on the veranda than expected, but it's still obviously narrow.

Now I'll start with saying I prefer the navigator's veranda to an open one because it gives you a little shelter from wind/rain and feels more cozy. If I want open rails, I can always go up top.

So let's start with the positives:
Location is great. As I stated above, the Aft part of the ship is the place to be. You are close ton a ton of stuff, ESPECIALLY the drink station, which we used a lot. We brought some of those double wall plastic cups and used them to carry out drinks around (and sports bottles to fill with ice and water). As I also stated, I liked the Navigator's Veranda. We didn't really spend a ton of time in our room other than to sleep so it provided just enough "outside air" in the mornings or whatnot to really experience the open sea without all the extra wind and stuff. Great for drying your wet swimsuits outside too without having laundry where everyone can see it. Room was adequate for what we needed. No real engine noise or anything and it was pretty quiet (didn't hear much talking, etc), so no complaints there.

Ok, now the bad stuff:
The first thing that stuck out was this weird thing that happened with about two days left in the cruise. Suddenly the toilet either wouldn't flush or flush with a long delay (about 5 mins after you hit the button). We talked to our room host about it. He said they were having some issues with water pressure on the Aft side of the ship. Then, the last day, the toilet wouldn't STOP and overflowed. We caught it in time and they sent someone immediately to shut it off. I'm assuming a lot of this stuff will be fixed in the overhaul, but that's the main thing of note that happened. Past that, the floor has a weird vibration in the bathroom. You can't feel it anywhere else except the bathroom. It sometimes shakes like crazy when the ship is cruising. Not sure if it's the engines, the ocean waves or what.

Past that, it's a stateroom like the others. We thought of our room very fondly and was sad to leave it when the cruise was over. Here are some pics in no particular order. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me:

IMG_3265-1_zpsc51c19a7.jpg

IMG_3264-1_zpsc587f0b0.jpg

IMG_3263-1_zps57e345bf.jpg

IMG_3262-1_zpsd8226445.jpg

IMG_3261-1_zps0e317600.jpg

IMG_3260-1_zps38ec8f19.jpg

IMG_3259-1_zps27361f1e.jpg

IMG_3258-1_zps0308c6a7.jpg

IMG_3257-1_zpsa35a58c4.jpg

IMG_3256-1_zpsc28768f7.jpg

IMG_3255-1_zpsbecd0062.jpg

IMG_3254-1_zpsd1eed37c.jpg

IMG_3253-1_zps526a8d28.jpg

IMG_3252-1_zpsb8203ab2.jpg

IMG_3251-1_zps16c0512f.jpg

IMG_3250-1_zps291d5c74.jpg

IMG_3249-1_zps95efeb6d.jpg

IMG_3248-1_zps256cb378.jpg

ChuckElias

Okay, here's one to add to the list:

Ship - Disney Magic
Stateroom #7126
Room Category - 07A I believe (Navigator's Veranda)
Aft, Mid or Forward - Aft
Date of Sailing - 05-10-13

Ok, these shelves were missing from our bathroom on the Fantasy. Inconceivable!!

IMG_3254-1_zpsd1eed37c.jpg

And notice that the light switch for the shower side of the bathroom is on the right hand side of the door. On the Fantasy, it was on the left hand side, which meant that you couldn't reach the switch after you opened the door. Dumb design choices!!! Give me the Magic!!!

IMG_3248-1_zps256cb378.jpg

EOD K9

Room: 6552
Ship: Dream
Category: 05D
Deck: 6
Date: February 18th-22nd 2013

Our room was similar to 7616 as seen above. I don't believe it slept four as I didn't see the location for the pull-down. That being said, I wasn't really looking. Deck 6 mid is a good space as it more or less in the middle of the ship and there was very little movement felt if at all. Our stateroom hostess Dui (sic) was wonderful and helpful at all times. My only minor complaint is that it is two decks above the theatres. Because of that, you can feel the bass on some of the louder movies. It isn't terrible, just noticeable. This is not a major problem to me as the wife and I loved our cruise so much we booked that room again for our next cruise later in the year. I hope that helps a tad.

wdwstateofmind

Ship: Fantasy
Stateroom #: 6145
Room Category: 5D
Aft, Mid or Forward: Aft
Date of Sailing: 05/11/13 - 05/18/13

The pictures on the Disney website did it justice. My wife and I had enough space without have to pay for the extra like 2 feet in width. I could see it being cramped with 3 or 4, but I mean you don't go on a cruise to stay in your room (unless you figured out that amazing On Demand and Disney Cartoon channel and want to relive your childhood!). The room was exceptionally clean and the only complaint I would have had upon arrival was the amount of dead lovebugs in the verandah gutter (but the last two days seemed to be really bad with lovebugs and being from Jersey at least they aren't May flies). This situation was remedied the next morning without me having to say anything.

You definitely feel the ship in this room. It did took me some time to get used to the ship and I seemed to do better towards the end in our room and restaurants when the seas were rough for some reason than the back ship soft back and forth during the beginning.As far as ship noise, besides the hum of the ship, which was expected, the room was quiet once we figured out that the tongs on-top of the ice bucket was the only cause of "annoying" noise. If I ever cruised again I'd definitely pick forward to reduce the magnitude of the situation.

The two bathrooms were definitely clutch. However, the shower was small and I'm only 5'8". I don't know if that was an atypical thing on most cruise ships but I definitely could have gone for even 6 more inches higher even if just in the shower area. The full tub was definitely a nice plus over the showers I've seen though; they are large enough to fully bahte a child if you needed to. One negative with the rooms were the water pressure from the sinks also made it hard to shave which is probably me being a baby, but I would have liked a little more considering I have to shave everyday.

Edit: I should add the two minor issues that we had with the stateroom before the main issue. One of the doors leading into the bathroom (the side with the toilet) didn't latch correctly so you kind of had to slam it or after you closed it lean on it (or pull on it) depending on what side of the door you were on. Minor annoyance but we adapted and let our Stateroom Host William know about it at the end of the week. We also noticed that the bathtub sometimes did not want to drain...we kept fiddling with the drain and sometimes it would work fine and other times it would fill up. Couldn't figure that one out. By the way...I don't know if the Stateroom Hosts rotate after a certain amount of time, but William was amazing. His attention to detail was fantastic and quickly picked up on our minor quirks on how we liked our stateroom (such as having a mat down in both bathrooms and not just the one with the bathtub), and he knew us by name after the first night and would greet us whenever he saw us in the hallways. If you do end up staying Deck 10, Starboard, Mid-Ship, you will be blessed to have William as your attendant.
William seems to be popular by my accounts. I actually found the staff in the area an amazing part of the room as well. William (From India) was our stateroom host as well and I don't know if it was because it was only two of use on our honeymoon, but he was really pleasant to chat with every so often and accommodate our stupid little needs. He was also one of the best towel character makers in Disney I've seen. On top of his tip I gave him a few Cuban cigars and he seemed to really appreciate the notion. I think a great Cast Member really helped me overcome my I could be at WDW attitude I was hiding on my inside the first day or two.

Overall, it was a nice room but I'd still opt for something more forward where you don't feel the boat as much.

GenerationX

Rooms: 7582, 7584
Ship: Fantasy
Category: 05C
Deck: 7
Date: November 17th-24th 2012

These rooms were phenomenal! Though we were a few feet away from the mid-ship elevators, we had NO noise issues whatsoever. With three teenage boys, we needed space, and the rooms and storage areas were much larger than I had expected. The rooms connected right in the middle of the common wall, and half of the verandah divider folded back so that we had one large verandah. The boys slept in 7584, because it had a ceiling bed, while 7582 did not.

One night we felt a little rocking, which made my wife dizzy, but the rest of us were fine. I don't remember feeling any other movement.

I have a bunch of pictures of the rooms and other highlights from the cruise in my trip report.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom