Disney Cruise Line- Dream

Edisto Pluto

Original Poster
We are big Disney folks and enjoy a cruise but we have never been on a Disney cruise. We are booked on the Dream for the first week of September 2011. Please any tips,comments,advice or secrets will be appreciated.

Edisto Pluto

Original Poster
Thanks, just checked those two sites. Good information. We just returned from a cruise on the RC Oasis and had a great time but we talked to several people who had been on a Disney Cruise and they loved it. We've been to WDW 21 times and have had great vacations there each time. Hopefully this cruise will combine the best of two worlds for us. Thanks again.

wdwhoneymooner

We went on our first Disney Cruise in November and had a fantastic time. The ship was The Magic. If you plan on going on any off ship excursions , you can either have Disney plan them for you or do it yourself and save a few bucks. For many places, you can receive a nice discount if you prepurchase your tickets ahead of time, but they are non-refundable. If you plan with Disney, they are refundable. We visited Boat Swains http://www.boatswainsbeach.ky/ and Chankanaab Park http://www.cozumelparks.org.mx/.

We were somewhat worried that a Disney Cruise would be too mellow for us compared to all the happenings @ WDW parks but once we allowed ourselves to fall into the correct mindset we realized it was fun and relaxing. The Kids camps are fun with planned activities for the kiddies and the camp counselors will take the campers to lunch/dinner via the buffet restaurant on the top deck. I heard of some families who would drop off their children after breakfast and not pick them up until dinner time and the kids wouldn't mind because they were fully entertained. We didn't do this but we did utilize the camps for an hour or two on sea travel days.

Disneyfalcon

I definitely think the cruise will combine the best of two worlds for you! We are complete cruise converts. Disney cruises are our favorite vacation. It's the kids favorite too and they are 15 and 12.

Dream is going to be an awesome ship. Make your Palo (and Remy if you want) reservations as soon as your booking window opens. They will go fast!

Get to the terminal as early as possible on embarkation day. You really want to maximize your time onboard.:)

madswithano

Definitely get to the terminal early, like the post above says.
When we cruised in November 2008 we flew in the night before and stayed at the Hilton at MCO so we could just go straight to the DCL buses at the airport in the morning. We got up at the crack of dawn and were on the first DCL bus of the day. We got to the DCL terminal right as it opened and ended up being within probably the first 100 or so people on the ship.
I would so highly recommend doing that if you can work out something along those lines.
One of my favorite things is the Pirates IN the Caribbean Party, and the amazing buffet that goes along with it.
Oh! And if you can stay up late enough, on formal night, there's usually an incredible dessert buffet starting around 11 pm, if I recall correctly.
Otherwise my only advice is to take advantage of the free food and don't skimp on anything. And don't think about the calories...you're on vacation! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom