Disney Conservation Hero Buttons

mgoldie

Original Poster
I'm looking to round out my collection of Disney Conservation Hero buttons.

I have all of the buttons from the Animal Kingdom, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Epcot.

I'm looking for the Disney Conservation Hero buttons from the Cruise Ships, Hilton Head Resort, and other Disney World Properties (Key West Resort, etc...).

I believe that there are currently 12 buttons.

Any help would be appriciated. I already checked eBay.

Colorado Kevin

I think I have a full collection of Conservation Hero buttons. Assuming you're talking about the rectangular buttons with "Conservation Hero" at the top, I have 16. They are from:

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Aualni Resort (2 buttons - One says "Conservation Hero" on top, the other says "Aloha Aina."
Disney Cruise Line
Castaway Ray's Stingray Adventure
The Land at Epcot
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort
Disney's Vero Beach Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort
Disney's Wilderness Resort
Kids and Nature Celebration (Special release)
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Old Key West Resort
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Finally, one that is blank at the bottom that serves as a generic button for when they run out of the others.

I obtained some of the buttons by mailing a contribution to the resort along with a SASE for the button. I called each resort and set it up before I sent the contribution.

Colorado Kevin

149.jpg

Colorado Kevin

*from art of animation resort?

I don't have that one yet, but I'm going to Disney World next week and I'll get that one and one other that I don't have from the Wild Africa Trek. I've identified 20 Conservation Hero buttons so far and by next week I'll have 19 of them.

The ones that I didn't identify above are:

Wild Africa Trek (available only for going on the Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom).
Art of Animation Resort.
Disney's Animal Kingdom 10th Anniversary (given out in 2008)
The only one I'll still need: Blank on the bottom but periwinkle (light blue) in color. I have the blank one that is brown.

Richard Adams

In 2015 Disney released a 20th Anniversary rectangular button the same size as the others. I saw it Sunday on a photographers hat while at Animal Kingdom. I was told some of the locations may have it but nearly all have switched over to the new round Animal Buttons that will be replacing the rectangular pins. Unfortunately, I did not think to take a picture of the pin until after having left.

Hooter

Came across this thread trying to find out if I was missing any so I figured I would share what I have. From Left to right, top to bottom
Caribbean Beach, Aulani, Coronado Springs, Night Time Safari tour (glows in the dark), 20th Anniversary, Wild Africa Trek, Kids and Nature Celebration, Art of Animation, Vero Beach, Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom, The Land, Cruise Line, Wilderness Lodge, Hilton Head, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom, Living Seas with Nemo, Stingray Adventure, Round 20th Anniversary, Character Warehouse, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Round button from the 90s, Animal Kingdom, Blank Generic, Old Round button from the 90s. The three small pins in the middle are for when you make a donation of 100 bucks they give you a special pin. The white one was the first one they handed out it is discontinued, then the black with a White D was handed out which is also discontinued, and the current one is black with a green D. I am glad to see there are other people out there who enjoy donating and collecting the Disney Conservation buttons. Would love to see more pictures of people's collection.

Attachments

• 20160404_210908.jpg
    20160404_210908.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 75

Tylerb08

I found two on my trip and I was so excited. Didn't know anything like this existed. I also go the round 20th button. Now that I know there's others, I'll have to keep eye out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom