Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Kate F

I'm pleasantly surprised by everything I've seen of this project so far. I'm glad all of it actually looks Norwegian and not just like they plopped Arendelle in the pavilion. I'm hoping the ride manages to surprise me as well, although Martin saying that he prefers Mermaid is not really a great sign to me...I guess we'll all just have to wait and see!

I can say for sure though that I would not want to be in Epcot when it opens, it's going to be a nightmare!

jt04

Lock the thread ...it's a wrap. You just single handedly ended any debate on "theme". As Liz Lemon would say..., "Shut it down!"

We will get a new thread when the next land makeover is announced for WS. Hopefully sooner than later. I'd favor the UK or Canada. Or Japan, or Germany. Or Italy or Morocco. Or even China.

Or perhaps Mexicoco. ;)

Bocabear

We will get a new thread when the next land makeover is announced for WS. Hopefully sooner than later. I'd favor the UK or Canada. Or Japan, or Germany. Or Italy or Morocco. Or even China.

Or perhaps Mexicoco. ;)
It does beg to ask the question: Why were none of the attractions planned for Worls Showcase finished? UK was supposed to have a boat ride, Germany was supposed to have a boat ride, Japan planned several things that all never happened... This lack of completion is what caused EPCOT Center to have declining numbers... it has always needed to be completed...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I am still laughing at this...

12345.jpg

$100 million dollars (or whatever the number was) and they couldnt put in the proper type of trees to block this view.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
There are views like that in every pavilion in world showcase....
So that excuses this one? Especially considering that this is being advertised in practically every Disney web advert or parks blog they can jam it into. One would hope they would go the extra mile and actually attempt to emulate the "immersive environment" that they claim it will be.

peter11435

So that excuses this one? Especially considering that this is being advertised in practically every Disney web advert or parks blog they can jam it into. One would hope they would go the extra mile and actually attempt to emulate the "immersive environment" that they claim it will be.
I'm not saying it as an excuse. I'm saying the design aesthetic of world showcase was never intended to entirely shield the guest from viewing other countries from within another. It doesn't need an excuse because it's not a mistake.

Bocabear

I'm not saying it as an excuse. I'm saying the design aesthetic of world showcase was never intended to entirely shield the guest from viewing other countries from within another. It doesn't need an excuse because it's not a mistake.
and logistically i dont think it would even be possible to completely shield each country from viewing another... in order to block the view of Mexico, you would have to put a huge wall of greenery...bigger problem is that Mexico has spilled across the Esplanade and onto the lake... if that were not there, there would be no problem... As the pavilions spill over to the lakeside there will be no way to contain the views....and it is not the worst offender...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom