Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

odmichael

Pictured below with its fictional counterpart:
tumblr_inline_n1pzy3It9s1rvydlk.jpg

tumblr_inline_n1q66781ak1rvydlk.png

tumblr_inline_n1q0eqeoGv1rvydlk.png

tumblr_inline_n1q0f6iDYF1rvydlk.jpg

</snippet>

The ice cutting scene from Frozen is so compelling. Guests will long to see the spectacular Northern Lights! http://www.nordnorge.com/en/frozen/?News=405

Icemen.png

Northern-lights-in-Tromso-in-Northern-Norway-740.JPG
I think what is sadder about this is people watch the movie Frozen, thinking that is how Norway looks, and then they go, "I'm gonna book a trip to Norway!"

twebber55

the two biggest arguments against frozen going where it is, to me is
1. Too small for such a strong IP
2. If this ride only does 900 per hour that will be a nightmare

obviously it should go in MK but logistics will not allow it, one park is ridiculously crowded and the other is EPCOT
that's why its going where its going

Next Big Thing

the two biggest arguments against frozen going where it is, to me is
1. Too small for such a strong IP
2. If this ride only does 900 per hour that will be a nightmare

obviously it should go in MK but logistics will not allow it, one park is ridiculously crowded and the other is EPCOT
that's why its going where its going
I understand it not going to MK. I actually don't want it in MK. However, I feel like DHS was the best option all things considered. DHS is struggling big time, MK is having capacity problems (and another big draw just makes it worse) and it doesn't properly fit in Norway.

The only way it would've been even partially acceptable would've been if they kept Maelstrom and expanded the park with an added on Frozen area hidden to the side of Maelstrom. But the didn't do that and now it's just crap in a bucket.

Siren

The Stave Church is now occupied by Frozen material, just like the rest of the pavilion. But I'm sure the "inspiring" design of Norway remaining will be a true comfort....
It comforts me to know that you don't like it.

No they haven't and no it isn't.

They are using an expansion area of a legitimate country to build a separate 3 roomed (less than Fairytale Hall capacity) meet n greet building and bathrooms, totally physically disconnected to Norway.

Not to mention the new build is an amazing bad use of the space available. The amount of unused waste behind it is stunning.

Once again this IP deserves more than being shoehorned into an area it doesn't belong in a desperate attempt to boost park numbers. Frozen deserves is own purpose built area in a suitable park. This is neither.

Magic Kingdom? Yes. DHS? Yes. Epcot is as suitable as the Middle Of Kilimanjaro Safari.

Maelstrom was due a thorough refurb before this. Shame it'll never happen.

Frozen needs a first class, high capacity top drawer attraction. This isn't it either.
Of course, I would have loved to see something entirely new for Frozen. But, the Maelstrom attraction was in desperate need of an update and you admit this. Frozen was in desperate need of a dedicated space and presence in the parks. And, timing was of the essence, so this is the fastest way to establish Frozen in the parks. Otherwise, we wouldn't have a Frozen attraction until 2025, well after Star Wars land opens.

Frozen in MK is a poor decision, Epcot stands to benefit more from Frozen than MK.

Incorrect dude I'm afraid. I don't know where you read this.

A consortium of Scandinavian companies footed a large part of the bill along with the government. And continued to pay for sponsorship well into the 90s.
I said the Norway *withdrew* but I should've said, they opted not to renew sponsorship of the Norway Pavilion and that is correct. I wasn't talking about during the 90's, I apologize for not being clear.

Also, what's with the "dude" thing? I am not a dude. I don't call you "girlfriend." LOL.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It comforts me to know that you don't like it.

Of course, I would have loved to see something entirely new for Frozen. But, the Maelstrom attraction was in desperate need of an update and you admit this. Frozen was in desperate need of a dedicated space and presence in the parks. And, timing was of the essence, so this is the fastest way to establish Frozen in the parks. Otherwise, we wouldn't have a Frozen attraction until 2025, well after Star Wars land opens.

Frozen in MK is a poor decision, Epcot stands to benefit more from Frozen than MK.

I said the Norway *withdrew* but I should've said, they opted not to renew sponsorship of the Norway Pavilion and that is correct. I wasn't talking about during the 90's, I apologize for not being clear.

Also, what's with the "dude" thing? I am not a dude. I don't call you "girlfriend." LOL.
I'm sure it does. But by me, are you referring to yourself, or TWDC?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Frozen in Epcot is a poor decision. Or are they just desperate to get more gate clicks no matter what? And to hell with theme and story? Or how about actually building new, compelling attractions in Epcot that actually fit the park?

DHS needs the clicks just as much.

ToTBellHop

Frozen in Epcot is a poor decision. Or are they just desperate to get more gate clicks no matter what? And to hell with theme and story? Or how about actually building new, compelling attractions in Epcot that actually fit the park?

DHS needs the clicks just as much.
That is what is surprising to me. DHS is a short boat ride away and in desperate need of expansion. Frozen would be perfect there. It's where they do most of the Frozen festivities as it is.

Siren

Company line and all that....
You always have to make this personal. Do you really want to go there again? Show us that you are human and stick to the topic, in this case, Frozen.
They aren't really expanding the pavilion, they are just adding a relatively small M&G building next to it. This will in no way help the crowd flow through the pavilion.
But they are connecting the open space, right? If so, this will help the flow.

Disaster. And not the USF attraction due to be replaced with another E ticket.
When Frozen Ever After finally opens, we'll all look back and laugh at this over reaction. I am not dismissing your feelings, I believe they're valid to an extent.

I was disappointed about losing Mickey's Toontown. I didn't feel like it needed to be torn down just for Story Book circus, but I didn't dwell on it. Now, I enjoy what's there, it's not the same but it's not a disaster, either. It's still fun but just different.

had a tour of the goings-on just 2 day ago.. The ride is coming along, as are the other changes.. Martin is dead-on, the M&G location is very small by comparison to some.. The sad thing is that no matter what the final quality is of the attraction, little girls and their mommies will eat it up and the company will come out shining...
LOL. I'm sure Daddies and little dudes will be there, as well. The wonderful thing about Frozen is that it appeals to everyone. Actually, I saw way more grown people lined up to see Anna and Elsa than kids.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You always have to make this personal. Do you really want to go there again? Show us that you are human and stick to the topic, in this case, Frozen.

When Frozen Ever After finally opens, we'll all look back and laugh at this over reaction. I am not dismissing your feelings, I believe they're valid to an extent.

I was disappointed about losing Mickey's Toontown. I didn't feel like it needed to be torn down just for Story Book circus, but I didn't dwell on it. Now, I enjoy what's there, it's not the same but it's not a disaster, either. It's still fun but just different.

LOL. I'm sure Daddies and little dudes will be there, as well. The wonderful thing about Frozen is that it appeals to everyone. Actually, I saw way more grown people lined up to see Anna and Elsa than kids.
Unfortunately, the topics are also your comments, and of course those of TWDC. Considering this forum is for WDW news & rumors....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No, they are not.

Existing Male restroom access down the footpath and new female restroom access will be between the two

Poorly planned and badly executed. Knee jerk reaction.

The best thing so far about this whole project is the PR spin and the social media reaction. Both hilarious.

PhotoDave219

No, they are not.

Existing Male restroom access down the footpath and new female restroom access will be between the two

The best thing so far about this whole project is the PR spin and the social media reaction. Both hilarious.

Yes, but you've acquired that TARDIS at work today, so you're going to go back and fix this, right? ;)

PhotoDave219

Question for you.... do you think that an attraction that handles 900 guests/hour is fair to put on Frozen?

wdw71fan

No, they are not.

The location was quick and easy.. And with one eye closed (pun) it looks like a good fit..

Nothing of quality is easy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom