Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I just feel something needs to drastically change/improve in both Future World and World Showcase as I feel this park has no direction
The park has always had a direction. Still does. World Showcase has an extremely strong direction. If you think lack of attractions or kid friendliness means no direction then MK is the park for you. I dont mean that in a negative way either. Future World has needed help for awhile but the direction it should go in is not hard to see. The drastic difference in each of the parks are part of what define them. Everyone has their favorite park but it does not mean that the other parks are any better or worse than the one they like the best. I LOVE watching the street performers at HS, but I would not want them in AK just because a certain area lacks what I desire.

H2O_Mouse-Ears

The park has always had a direction. Still does. World Showcase has an extremely strong direction. If you think lack of attractions or kid friendliness means no direction then MK is the park for you. I dont mean that in a negative way either. Future World has needed help for awhile but the direction it should go in is not hard to see. The drastic difference in each of the parks are part of what define them. Everyone has their favorite park but it does not mean that the other parks are any better or worse than the one they like the best. I LOVE watching the street performers at HS, but I would not want them in AK just because a certain area lacks what I desire.
Actually, thinking about it some more and although I hate to be flaky, I do agree with this and maybe keeping it character-free is the best way to go. I guess EPCOT was always a park that was to be separate and apart from the Walt Disney Animation/character influences and was to be something boldly experimental and ambitious in its uniqueness completely different from DL/MK and any other theme park for that matter. I guess the state of Future World has got me a bit jaded because I have always loved the park and its unique potential. And in terms of F&B, nothing beats WS. I would be love to hear some ideas of how it can achieve this untapped potential and the direction it should be going since Innoventions is clearly going the way of the dodo one booth at a time. Walt did say "EPCOT will take its cue from the new ideas and new technologies that are now emerging from the creative centers of American industry. It will be a community of tomorrow that will never be completed, but will always be introducing, and testing, and demonstrating new materials and new systems. And EPCOT will always be a showcase to the world of the ingenuity and imagination of American free enterprise." I just feel everything seems to be so outdated at this point. Anyways, thanks to the Socratic Method that just went down , I stand corrected and feel EPCOT does not need to lose its identity in an effort to compromise. WDW does offer something for everyone so turning it into a melting pot rather than it remaining a salad bowl would be wrong.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Other than being an elitest snob, perhaps you can look at the big picture, I know, I doubt you can...but lets try anyway.

First and foremost, I have not seen ONE, not ONE person who says you have to eliminate the foriegn lands aspect altogether, but instead enhance it to make it more small children prefered.
Second, IF you have had or have small kids, and by this I am stating 10 and under, and they are really fascinated by learning about foreign lands....then good for you, my guess is they didn't get it from you though.

At some point, some of you "purists" who sit on your ivory towers and judge what TWDC should do or should not do without a modicum of business sense or understanding of the current market need to face reality. Reality is things change, WDW changes and HAS to change to be up to date and relevant. This is one minor way to appeal to the younger kids, and at the same time maintain the same features for those who are older. Win/win.

I am fascinated by how many poster IN this thread, and others who bemoan the fact Disney is not doing anything for the parks, and then when something is announced...pounce on it and do nothing but complain about what they have done. Really?

Folks, Disney is a business. ALL businesses change to what the majority audience or consumer wants. Yes, they have stepped away from what the original plan and hope was, but so has their consumer. Maybe you should pay attention to that.
While I don't disagree, I would point out the following:
1) WDW just did a huge expansion in MK.
2) WDW is working currently to restage DTD
3) WDW has started a huge expansion and major changes in AK.
4) WDW has plans to expand, and thus has closed attractions in DHS to make room for these.

Now, does Epcot need love to...I could agree with most that it may need it more, although I prefer money spent in DHS first. That all being said, does anyone really expect WDW to suddenly start doing total rehab and rebuild of Epcot...while all the above is happened or happening?

Yes, this is a cash grab. yes this was a way to attract more young kids. It is also a lower cost way to get more new folks into Epcot, while the above is happening. Hopefully this isn't the only thing.
6kr6UR9.jpg

As for the "expansion" in Magic Kingdom.
Pretty sure someone explained that the NET gain in "attractions" was really 1. Since they removed stuff to add stuff.

dstrawn9889

removed stuff 20 years before... lets just say that 10 years closed before demo and buildout, that makes it a 'build pad' and not a demo and replacement

Cesar R M

In YOUR opinion. I would say due to $$ brought in majority disagree with you. Big surprise.
The majority usually doesn't means the smartest or the best.

Since the Majority sometimes just go "with the flow" like sheep.
The "mob" mentality as been tested and proven many times.
You can also skew the opinion of people by generating fake hype. Just like Apple and many companies do.
A fine example, is the skew, lie and blatant manipulation of the "surveys".

They can claim anytime that they have 99% Customer Satisfaction.
It still doesn't means its true... as they can filter (and have done so) the negative output.

While the rest of us are out enjoying what they have done.
Really? then why are you here?
why are you using so much effort into defending TWDC?
  • Are you a lifestyler?
  • Do you own Disney Stock?
  • Are you a tour operator?
  • Are you a CM or Manager at Disney Parks?
  • Or are you related to the Disney Blogger/Internet Marketing Team?
Because the majority of the times we've seen such behaviour (aka, mindless defending) was always one of the above points I just mentioned.

flynnibus

Premium Member
just change it to arendal as the name of the pavilion... and do the same with all the other countries. They should have enough animated films for every pavilion... Cut to the chase and just stop dancing around the topic. Cartoons for the kids, food and wine for the adults... EPCOT 3.0... game on.

Mrs.W9000

Other than being an elitest snob, perhaps you can look at the big picture, I know, I doubt you can...but lets try anyway.

Wow babe, this member has only been here a month and already has you pegged. As someone who knows @wdisney9000 well, I can tell you he is a bit of a snob. He drives a Range Rover and only stays at Deluxe resorts....but I think he's attempting to see the "bigger picture" and come down from his Ivory tower because he recently purchased a Prius. LOL, he thinks he's saving the world, but I tell him he's only getting better mpg;)

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

just change it to arendal as the name of the pavilion... and do the same with all the other countries. They should have enough animated films for every pavilion... Cut to the chase and just stop dancing around the topic. Cartoons for the kids, food and wine for the adults... EPCOT 3.0... game on.
If you'd ever actually pay attention in all that time you've spent in Norway you'd see how much it is just like Frozen. :)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Actually, thinking about it some more and although I hate to be flaky, I do agree with this and maybe keeping it character-free is the best way to go. I guess EPCOT was always a park that was to be separate and apart from the Walt Disney Animation/character influences and was to be something boldly experimental and ambitious in its uniqueness completely different from DL/MK and any other theme park for that matter. I guess the state of Future World has got me a bit jaded because I have always loved the park and its unique potential. And in terms of F&B, nothing beats WS. I would be love to hear some ideas of how it can achieve this untapped potential and the direction it should be going since Innoventions is clearly going the way of the dodo one booth at a time. Walt did say "EPCOT will take its cue from the new ideas and new technologies that are now emerging from the creative centers of American industry. It will be a community of tomorrow that will never be completed, but will always be introducing, and testing, and demonstrating new materials and new systems. And EPCOT will always be a showcase to the world of the ingenuity and imagination of American free enterprise." I just feel everything seems to be so outdated at this point. Anyways, thanks to the Socratic Method that just went down , I stand corrected and feel EPCOT does not need to lose its identity in an effort to compromise. WDW does offer something for everyone so turning it into a melting pot rather than it remaining a salad bowl would be wrong.

Not flaky at all. Thats whats great about discussions such as this and people sharing their different views on the situation. Some are mature enough to share opinions and not get offended while others cant stomach the thought of someone being critical of their deity TWDC and they revert to name calling or racial comments like we saw earlier. Then they edit them, lol.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The comment was that all children are stupid so they will just be wildly confused by the Frozen theming. That is what I was commenting on.

The comments about children being confused all stemmed from the claims people have made about Frozen promoting children to want to learn about Norway with the new Frozen overlay in the pavilion. Which is just silly. It was an excuse people were making to justify how Frozen being slammed into the pavilion was a "smart" move by Disney.

I questioned how people expected a kid to ask about Norway when all they were surrounded with in the pavilion was Arrendelle, Anna and Elsa, Olaf, etc. The only way a kid will even know (or care) that they are at Norway pavilion is if the parent/adult tells them, and in that case it wasnt Frozen that prompted that. I dont see any kids caring about Norway because of Frozen anymore than they would care about London after riding Peter Pan. The "kids will be interested in Norway" reasoning is just a reason to excuse Disney for being cheap.

redfive13

When does Maelstrom actually close? I'm sure its listed somewhere in these 289 pages, but I don't have that kind of free time in my day :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom