Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

JordanNite

So where's the naysayers who were coming on here arguing that this was going to be a brand new attraction, not simply a themed up version of the Maleastrom ride?

Where are they?

I just got back from Disney last week. Went past the attraction, asked a few cast members about the ride - all pointed out it was going to be RE-THEMED, that the track and inner buildings were all the same, as well as the boat theme.

I was underwhelmed when they did that cheap trick with Nemo, and rethemed the existing ride, but Fozen is possibly one of Disney's biggest ever franchises, and this is the best they can do - especially in a park cryng out for some new attractions !!!?!

Pathetic.

Jose

So where's the naysayers who were coming on here arguing that this was going to be a brand new attraction, not simply a themed up version of the Maleastrom ride?

Where are they?

I just got back from Disney last week. Went past the attraction, asked a few cast members about the ride - all pointed out it was going to be RE-THEMED, that the track and inner buildings were all the same, as well as the boat theme.

I was underwhelmed when they did that cheap trick with Nemo, and rethemed the existing ride, but Fozen is possibly one of Disney's biggest ever franchises, and this is the best they can do - especially in a park cryng out for some new attractions !!!?!

Pathetic.
It is NOT going to be a re-theme. Haven't you seen photos of the inside?

aladdin2007

Cali's frozen fun got real signs and much more nicer looking details than ours did. However that being said we still got a pretty fun limited event I would say, quick and a little cheap but actually a nice addition rather than subtraction.

Oh I wasn't really comparing the frozen fun events, but just meant that the inside of Norway could resemble that design in the pic in some form, and if it did at least it would match some of the Norwegian tones and design such as in Akershus etc. Or it may not at all but it looked nice.

Little Green Men

Where are they?

Pathetic.
The Sea Cabs were an omnimover ride through the aquariums, on Nemo you only see the aquariums at the end. They also added new track and made the right quite longer than the Sea Cabs. I wouldn't call that just a re-theme when they built a new track. The pictures show The Maelstrom gutted down to its core, a re-theme implies they just take out the old props and add a few new ones, not changing infrastructure.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Where are they?

Pathetic.

I don't remember anyone saying this would be a brand new attraction. There were some idle hope that there might be a new ride system, but pretty much everyone who looked at this project realistically, knew it was going to keep the same ride system. The big question was whether this was going to be a light re-theme of what was already there, or a total gut job and re-do.

ChrisM

Where are they?

When did anyone say the track/ride system was being replaced? It is staying. Looks like everything but is being completely gutted (and from the few spy shots we've seen, already has been).

But I've heard your imaginary naysayers aren't going to back down from getting called out - they're lining up behind the Hermosa Beach Chevron with some imaginary pipes and brass knuckles. They'll see you there.

PREMiERdrum

You're not wrong. But hopefully this ride ends up better than Nemo which is SUPER underwhelming. But I don't think it will.

I'd argue that ride-v-ride, Nemo arguably plussed up the old Seacabs quite a bit. The problem I have is twofold:

- The Seacabs were a mere cog in the larger wheel that was the Living Seas... The main "attraction" took place after you got off the cabs. With the retheme, the Nemo ride IS the main attraction, with exhibits featured in the postshow.

- The money was definitely spent to drastically improve the Seacabs into Nemo... The track was lengthened considerably, and the sets, lighting, and projection are very well done. The biggest problem with Nemo is in the story: They're wasting a very strong visual effort with a complete lack of any compelling story. Nemo wanders off. We follow him. Big Blue World.

PREMiERdrum

Agreed, but anybody whos says they dont sing along with Big Blue World is crazy. Dory is the small saving grace of that ride. "Hey, Im blue!"

Exactly!

That one, poor C-ticket attraction ends up shouldering the blame for the short-sighted decision decision to de-emphasise the entire pavilion as one conceptual attraction with multiple kinetic pieces.

I've always wished they would retain the ride's physical properties and introduce a new script/animation package reframing the story as Nemo and Friends taking Marlin to see all the things he got to see on his journey... Maybe even with some educational factoids along the way.

But, anyhoo... Frozen.

Next Big Thing

People seem to be generally positive about how things are going at Disneyland.
Disneyland isn't as great as everyone makes it out to be. Sure there was the big DCA expansion, but since Colglaizer took over, it hasn't been all rainbows and butterfly's. When was the last time they actually EXPANDED DL Park? People get on MK for Splash being the last E-ticket at MK, but Indiana Jones was the last one at DL. Why do they get a pass?

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Exactly!

That one, poor C-ticket attraction ends up shouldering the blame for the short-sighted decision decision to de-emphasise the entire pavilion as one conceptual attraction with multiple kinetic pieces.

I've always wished they would retain the ride's physical properties and introduce a new script/animation package reframing the story as Nemo and Friends taking Marlin to see all the things he got to see on his journey... Maybe even with some educational factoids along the way.

But, anyhoo... Frozen.
I've suggested something like that before. Make it a class field trip with Mr. Ray where Marlin and Dory are chaperoning, but Dory probably needs more supervision then the children.

orlando678-

I've suggested something like that before. Make it a class field trip with Mr. Ray where Marlin and Dory are chaperoning, but Dory probably needs more supervision then the children.

It would be cool if this ride would actually make you feel as if you're on the back of mr.ray but that would be a totally different ride but I get your ride idea and I think its great

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom