Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

aladdin2007

I guess that's the best we could hope for at this point. I still doubt we'll see that much Norwegian influence in the ride. Frozen all the way. "The ride, which will replace Maelstrom, promises to take guests through the fictional landscape of Arendelle and right into scenes and songs from the movie." Doesn't give me much hope. Not at all.

True, but then that press release should not have been taken to heart so much either, its vague and was somewhat sloppily thrown out there in my opinion. Hopefully the Imagineering team isnt as shallow and knows what they are doing, even if Staggs doesnt so much, which doesn't surprise me. I was told the Imagineers understand the "Norwegian" need. So yeah all we can do is hope it turns out that way, till we see some concept art or something. Theres just nothing much to go on right now but I liked that picture showing whats in Cali.

Haymarket2008

Wow I love that interior wallpaper design. That would be very cool in the queue. So there has been NO info on this? No mention of concept art being released within the next few months? Nobody has any inside sources regarding the project?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Wow. That is so much better done than the Frozen Fun stuff we got. Then again ours was apparently planned and done in the span of 2 weeks so............

Disney chose to plan and execute it in 2 weeks...and it shows. Why do people (not you) give them a pass because they rushed it? Were they under some Federal or State mandate to have Frozen at DHS completed in two weeks? Probly not, they just wanted something quick to cash in on and it was a way to boost numbers at HS. We didnt do the Sing Along but Oakens Trading Post was nothing special at all. Its a retail shop with a room in the back that has some blue lights, a curtain and an ice pit. Sure, Ive seen a few cheap set ups over the years at WDW, but never for the highest grossing animated movie of all time. And I doubt the Maelstrom layover will be blowing anybodys socks off either. Dont get me wrong, it will be nice, just like 7DMT (which had a much higher budget) is nice, but not great.

I love Disney, always have, always will, But the current regime is just flat out cheap, and they will continue to be as long as so many people are eager to fling themselves in front of arrows for them. The pixie dusters love Disney just as the doom and gloomers. We ALL end up loosing in the end though, whether we realize it or not.

Sped2424

While this is in Cali, it would not surprise me to see this type of theme/design/coloring inside Frozen in Norway, especially the rich red tones which stems from Norwegian designs. Just throwing this out there for fun discussion.

DSC_9506-X2.jpg
Cali's frozen fun got real signs and much more nicer looking details than ours did. However that being said we still got a pretty fun limited event I would say, quick and a little cheap but actually a nice addition rather than subtraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom