Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

NormC

Happened to my wife and me on our last trip, too. Took us quite a while to get into our room; around an hour, I believe.
Happened to us as well. Two of the four in our party could not open the room door on day 2 of our trip. Took the front desk about three minutes to fix them. It took longer to walk to the front desk than it took to fix. Kidani is one long resort!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
does anyone have any info on whos paying for this makeover? Disney would seem the most logical.

I just recall seeing an article awhile back about norway discussing funding for the pavillion, obviously that didnt happen though or this wouldn't be happening.

does this mean that from now on norway has basically backed out of its own pavillion?

Norway hasn't paid any money for the pavilion in years, so this is being funded by Disney.

Clamman73

We're waiting
image.jpg

Chevross

Really liked this ride. Of course, I really liked the movie Frozen (please don't ostracize me!)

I'm going to miss it, but I'm also excited to see exactly how they work out what they are putting in its place.

Bairstow

I wonder if they will design similar to how The Great Movie Ride queue is in the theater area?

The rumors I had heard state that the renovated version of Maelstrom will board and unload at the same area- the current unload area. The post-show theater will become queue space and what is now the boarding area and queue will be devoted to the first show scene.

bhg469

Really liked this ride. Of course, I really liked the movie Frozen (please don't ostracize me!)

I'm going to miss it, but I'm also excited to see exactly how they work out what they are putting in its place.
No one should hate you for liking the movie and the movie has little to do with why people are upset. Its forcing a movie where it just doesn't belong. Unless its a guided tour of Norway, which it is most likely not going to be, it just doesn't fit.

aladdin2007

does anyone have any info on whos paying for this makeover? Disney would seem the most logical.

I just recall seeing an article awhile back about norway discussing funding for the pavillion, obviously that didnt happen though or this wouldn't be happening.

does this mean that from now on norway has basically backed out of its own pavillion?

In terms of the Norwegian govt yes, its been that way for almost over a decade really with numerous attempts for new agreements the most recent being this past August. However there are still some ongoing talks for a deal/plan to promote Norway (with the frozen connection), with possible sponsorship/companies involvement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom