Disney Characters on Holiday Omnibus Coming to Illinois

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
For Illinois Disney fans if you have heard about the Volo Auto Musuem in Volo Illinois. A vehicle of Epcot's Past is coming for a Permanent Stay..http://www.volocars.com/Coming Soon
new2.jpg

Turns out the Museum bought the Character's on Holiday Omnibus and is Currently under Restoration for Display...So for any fans of Epcot out there a little bit of Disney will be coming to Lake County soon.....

And Also if your there You can also get a wax mold figure from the original Disneyland Mold-a-Rama Machine...Not sure if it's the same one that was at the Destination D event in 2014. But, it's still awesome to get a Disney Mold figure from it..

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
For Illinois Disney fans if you have heard about the Volo Auto Musuem in Volo Illinois. A vehicle of Epcot's Past is coming for a Permanent Stay..http://www.volocars.com/Coming Soon
new2.jpg

Turns out the Museum bought the Character's on Holiday Omnibus and is Currently under Restoration for Display...So for any fans of Epcot out there a little bit of Disney will be coming to Lake County soon.....

And Also if your there You can also get a wax mold figure from the original Disneyland Mold-a-Rama Machine...Not sure if it's the same one that was at the Destination D event in 2014. But, it's still awesome to get a Disney Mold figure from it..

My wife and I just simultaneously googled Volo, just for the Mold-a-Rama. I see a day trip soon!

BalooChicago

My wife and I just simultaneously googled Volo, just for the Mold-a-Rama. I see a day trip soon!

When I was there it wasn't running. I can't remember if it only runs on weekends, or doesn't run on weekends (Sorry) but if that's the reason your going be sure you go on a day they're running it.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Thank you. We may call them and find out before we go.
Looking at some of the stuff they have, it looks well worth the trip.

I can confirm it was Working today! Here's Mine I got....:D
DSC05583_zpsh1lejh16.jpg

There is quite a few things Disney Park related especially the Antique Mall and Within the museum...

This was on a Sign just before you enter the Museum...
DSC05587_zpswlbmtboc.jpg

For some reason they were able to also get a Vehicle that was used during the Strangely weird Barbie Stage show from Epcot...
DSC05616_zpssbinsn5i.jpg
DSC05618_zps2xdwbran.jpg
DSC05620_zpskbeqkkqg.jpg

There was this amazing little interactive AK Kiosk with the Light Up Icon Pins that still worked...Here's some more info from Allears site about it...
Each park has a dozen kiosks, except the Animal Kingdom, which has just nine. The kiosks are all grouped together in each park: Magic Kingdom's kiosks are in the Town Square Exposition Hall (in Main Street, U.S.A.), Epcot's kiosks are in Innoventions East, Disney-MGM Studios kiosks are under Mickey's Sorcerer's Hat, and Animal Kingdom's kiosks are in the Disney Outfitters shop (on Discovery Island

DSC05626_zpsyffup4pc.jpg

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thanks for sharing. Okay have to talk the husband into this side trip the next time I have to go to Illinois with him to see his family. It looks like just a 30-40 minute detour from the route.

wendysue

I'm kind of jealous of the people who live in Illinois.

We have been to Volo a few times, it is an amazing place. But I've never heard anyone say they are jealous of anyone living in Illinois. Thank goodness Volo isn't run by the state or it would have been closed long ago.
Regardless, I look forward to seeing the Omnibus.

Volobrian

I just stumbled across this forum. I am with the Volo Auto Museum, so happy to see the appreciation and excitement for the collection we have been putting together. We also just obtained an old Disney Hotel Trolley Golf Cart that we will be restoring and displaying soon. Anyone have pictures from Disney of any of these?

Attachments

• s-l1600 disney trolly.jpg
    s-l1600 disney trolly.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 42

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
I'm with the Volo Auto Museum, does anyone know where I can get a copy of this song? I have been trying to find out what the name of the song is so I can play it with the bus.

I beleive the song is called Characters on Holiday....Found it on this youtube video..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom