Disney Channel Rocks ALSO closing

The Duck

I'm glad to see the show go away. During my last visit, my girlfriend and I practically ran down the street to avoid the obnoxious noise that was coming from it. The music stinks and the entire experience clashed with the "Classic Hollywood" theme of the entire area. In fact, if the BAH could sing and dance, it would be this very show (and probably more entertaining!).

Walt 1901

Lets hope that this will be the beginning of making DHS the park it should be. Return the theatre and add Lucasland with a new Indy attraction and expand on Pixar place. I will say again that I am totally for making it a working studio again and they should film of the Disney channel television shows there. Great chance for ticket sales there and better than american idol experience.

parker4fm

I've heard through a friend in entertainment that the hat has to stay until the theatre is remodeled. When the change from MGM to Hollywood Studios happened, Disney also lost the rights to use the Chinese Theatre as an icon. I don't know specifics, but supposedly the theatre will be changed to Hyperion Theatre and the hat will be removed. No timeline on that, and I haven't confirmed specifics.

BryceM

I've heard through a friend in entertainment that the hat has to stay until the theatre is remodeled. When the change from MGM to Hollywood Studios happened, Disney also lost the rights to use the Chinese Theatre as an icon. I don't know specifics, but supposedly the theatre will be changed to Hyperion Theatre and the hat will be removed. No timeline on that, and I haven't confirmed specifics.
No.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
That one is a myth. Disney have no contract problems with the Chinese Theater - confirmed by Eric Jacobson. Infact, it goes so far that when the original Chinese Theater was refurbed a while ago, they went to Imagineering to get details of the paint colors because Disney's still had plans from the original that they had lost. Story from WDI.

Florida_is_hot

Unless you are an Apple lawyer you can not be stopped from making a building that resembles another building, you can not copy right building shapes. At no time has the Building expect for tourists very been called anything but the Great Movie Ride.

parker4fm

Like I said, I didn't confirm it. I thought it wasn't accurate, just throwing it out there. Though if the park were to get a remodel, would it be any surprise that the park icon changes? He did tell me that both the parade and show are done in April with no replacements. My only thought is that construction will be happening soon. Fingers crossed.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
This is how I feel as well. I love the hat being the park icon. The store is whatever but I don't understand why everyone hates it so much.

Everyone hates it because you walk down Hollywood Blvd and the end of the street culminates in a giant cartoon hat. It just breaks the theme of the show and it hides Chinese Theater. The hat just belongs elsewhere... Perhaps where they put the christmas tree outside the gates.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Could Spectromagic be making its way over to Hollywood Studios? I've heard of parades moving from one resort to another but never between parks within the same resort... I think that would be kinda surreal to see Spectro glide by the BAH...

I think the Spectro floats are in bad shape and word is they dont want to spend the money to refurb it. Also, to your point Main Street Electrical Parade was moved to Disney Calafornia Adventute for a time so things like this have happened. When it was at DCA it was called Disney's Electrical Parade.

yeti

Best rumor of the week. Hands down the most godawful show in recent memory, all but ruins the studios. Now, replacement? How about...nothing?

sweetpee_1993

Grauman's Chinese Theater is a gorgeous building, and the replica at DHS is almost as gorgeous...and HUGE. And if the kiddies don't know what it is, well, hey, parents, that there's what you call a "teachable moment"...
Exactly! Teaching & learning aren't things that only happen in school. Parents are the primary teachers in life. Seek out opportunity at every turn to enlighten.

Hhhmmmmm....homeschool mom's lightbulb moment! Note all the building facades in DHS and search for the historical significance. Research paper!!! WooHOOO!!!!

SkipperButler

I'm glad to see the show go away. During my last visit, my girlfriend and I practically ran down the street to avoid the obnoxious noise that was coming from it. The music stinks and the entire experience clashed with the "Classic Hollywood" theme of the entire area. In fact, if the BAH could sing and dance, it would be this very show (and probably more entertaining!).
What's worse is when your dining at the Brown Derby and you're trying to soak up the beautiful atmosphere, but then Disney Channel Rocks or Mulch, Sweat, and Sheers pulls up. Classy atmosphere shot to Universal.

Cliff Racer

I think it should also be pointed out the Earful Tower was the park icon before the BAH. The hat was clearly a way to create an icon that could be photographed by and with guests so that Disney could then turn around and sell that photo with the park icon to you. They couldn't "sell" a water tower.
Sure they could, if they hadn't stuck it way in the back in a corner where no-one could even find it. I've seriously seen the Earful Tower more often driving past the park than while walking around inside of it. Poor placement killed it as an icon, nothing more. If they'd stuck it where the Brown Derby is it would have fit into the theme and been a good photo spot while also letting the Theater be the main thing guests see walking in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom