Disney Cameras on-line

Tramp

Original Poster
Wouldn't it be cool if Disney were to mount video cameras throughout the Parks and put the live feed onto their website?

Perhaps...one can be mounted on the train station looking towards the castle....
how 'bout one inside space mountain...
how 'bout one on Splash Mountain...looking down the big drop...

just imagine being able to see the parades any time you'd like...
(although they may consider turning them off at parade time)

wonder what it would look like...after the park closes?...

Anyone else find this interesting....where would you like to see live feed from....(please...no restroom comments:))

Ariel

I would love to see some at the exits to some of the rides to see peoples reactions after coming off some of them...that would be kinda fun....:)

WDW-Imagineer

Disney actually does have these cameras, at least they used to... I would post the link, but I can't seem to find it on the Disney website. I'll let you know when I find them.

Also, there is one camera on the train station looking at the Castle, another one looking at Spaceship Earth, and an MGM one (not sure were it is).

Tramp

Original Poster
Imagineer:

Thanks for blowing my idea out of the water...lol.
I had no idea that existed. :)

The cameras don't look like they are 'real time'....simply time lapse photography every hour....I'd like to see some live pictures fed on the site.

MISS MINNIE

Disney Cameras

They used to have web cams but for some reason they havent been working since the end of May. They used to be "live" but still photos

I e-mailed disney to ask what was wrong but they said "technical problems" I wonder whether they are taking them out??

It would be good to have moving webcams though!!

kevlightyear

I think web cams in the queue area would be interesting. Especially in the e-ticket attractions like ToT, Space Mountian, and RnR. Some people go on these rides reluctantly, and it would be funny to see their scared looks.

sillyspook13

It would be neat if they had a camera looking at one of the gates that leads backstage at Epcot. Specifically the one by Germany. Then I could watch Tapestry of Nations every night. It would be fun to see all of my friends there-especially Will..... Unforcettable Will......;)

Actually I'm hoping they are either moving or adding to the cameras already there. The placements of the original cameras didn't show much, just the "main strips" near the entrances of the parks. You couldn't see much detail. It would be great if they added viewability (is that a word) to the various entrances/exits of the different attractions.

Disney Maniac

I actually heard a little while back that Disney was planning on using cameras already in place to post on a website for cable-modem or higher only, as they would be the only ones that could see real time. However, the only cameras that I know of that are "in place" are security cameras and infrared cameras in the dark rides that focus on the track, not the actual ride, so I doubt if this will actually come through.

NowInc

Disney only puts "public" cameras in areas where they feel peolpe will see only what disney wants them to see. Putting a camera where you can clearly see lines or people's body actions would be bad for disneys image since they can not predict what peolpe will do...or how long lines will look (a deterrant for peolpe thinking of visiting the park). Thats why the cams they have now only show the main strips..and are so high up and far away, and not exactly LIVE...so nothing unacceptable will be shown.

I think cameras at each ride would rock...but I dont see it ever happening...besides...they wouldnt shell out the $$$ to do that.

jay_london

I know this sounds daft and sad but sometimes when the day is real crappy I would log onto those cams and my mind would wonder off to florida, until the phone rang again and dragged my mind back to England. I also liked the 360 degree pics are they still on the official wdw site? Shame the live cams have gone.

happy days

jay

popkid

i used to have the cams on my desktop here - but noticed after a while they weren't being updated much... a streaming live video feed would render me completely useless here at work...

i would also love to get streaming video of the 'disney info' channel shown at all the disney resorts. the one with all the info about the parks and attractions, as well as dining options and little disney tips... i could watch that over and over - unless of course i'm at a disney resort - in which case i'm out the door :)

Brett

I'd love to have a camera installed in the Norway at EPCOT, I could watch what's going on there all day long :p

sillyspook13

Originally posted by Brett
I'd love to have a camera installed in the Norway at EPCOT, I could watch what's going on there all day long :p
Ha! I have a friend who works at Norway. I guess I could not tell you guys if she is hot-I'm female. (and I'm NOT like that!) But if you would like me to hook you up....

Or I could take a picture of her on Saturday and post it on here.... Maybe that would boost my popularity at this forum.... Or not. I'll shut up now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom