1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Books

Discussion in 'Disney Co News & Discussion' started by jmp85, Nov 28, 2016.

1. jmp85

jmp85 Member

In the past year I have read "Disney War" and I am currently half way through "An American Original: Walt Disney" by Bob Thomas. I really enjoyed Disney War and was curious what others thought about the book. I had heard that Bob Thomas' biography of Walt was the best one out there, but I have got to say I'm a little disappointed thus far. The book seems to lack real insight or interesting stories about Walt. Sure, there are a few, but all in all, I really thought there would be more about the man that founded what became the Walt Disney Co.

2. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

The Thomas book is the Disney authorized and published biography. I think my favorite biography of Walt Disney is The Magic Kingdom: Walt Disney and the American Way of Life by Steven Watts. It's focus is not just on Disney's life but also how his work impacted American culture.

3. fox_198

fox_198 Well-Known Member

I have a rather small biography book of Walt Disney that I got when I was a kid. I haven't touched it in years and I'm sure it's incredibly oversimplified, but it's the only Disney biography I have.

I'll have to check out these other books