disney book recommendations?

dopey

Original Poster
as my family vacation to wdw gets closer, i'm reading more books about disney. not just the tour books, but basically anything and everything about disney.

i just started reading "the hand behind the mouse," which is a biography of ub iwerks. fascinating stuff about how he and walt got started.

what other disney-related books would you all recommend?

Brett

How bout the Jungle Book?? :p Just kidding, actually I try to read something about WDW before I go down there everywhere. I'm trying to find a good biography on the man himself, Walt.

WDW-Imagineer

It depends on what you are interested in. I myself enjoy imagineering and Disney Architecture books (who'd of guessed, right :rolleyes: ). I have a whole list of them, so let me know if you are interested in them.

A universal Disney book would be Michael Eisner's book - Work In Progress. Also, if you are interested in how WDW got built and what it is today, I would recommend the 25th Anniversary book - Since The World Began.

Again, let me know if your interested in the imagineering books, and I'll give you the list.

dopey

Original Poster
wdw imagineer, i'm absolutely interested in imagineerings books. lay it on me. and thanks.

like brett, i'm also interested in walt bios.

WDW-Imagineer

Well, we have:

Walt Disney Imagineering - Published by the Imagineers themselves

Designing Disney's Theme Parks - The Architecture of Reassurance

Building a Dream - The Art of Disney Architecture

The Making of Disney's Animal Kingdom Them Park

Since the World Began - Walt Disney World the First 25 Years.

Hope this helps

NowInc

I have those books (i too am an imaganeering architecture nut)...great reading...

i would also suggest the following:

Mouse Tales - A behind the ears look at disneyland

More Mouse Tales - etc etc

Tho they are both based on Disneyland...they are great reading..and a LOT of the info also applies to WDW..

Disney Maniac

Cool site, DisneyFreak.

I'd also recommend "The Disney Villain." It is all about, (obviously) Disney Villains up to Scar, I believe. Great book with insight from Ollie Johnston and Frank Thomas.

dopey

Original Poster
disneyfreak, that is a cool site. gracias!

i just finished reading "the hand behind the mouse" and highly recommend it.

at the end of it, you really appreciate just how unique and brilliant ub iwerks was and how much he meant to another unique and brilliant man: walt disney.

Debbie

My sister and I bought my grandfather the book on the gardens and landscaping at WDW. He really enjoyed it and when he passed away...... my sis got the book.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom