Disney begins sales of new 5 million dollar 'Four Seasons Private Residences' at Golden Oak

EpcoTim

They really are beating the tar out of this "create memories" garbage.

I get nauseous every time I read any Disney marketing material or see one of the talking heads open their mouths. Create memories, family, kids, memories, family, create memories, create memories, magical memories, memories memories memories memories memories memories memories, memories memories memories memories memories memories memories, memories memories memories memories memories memories memories, memories memories memories memories memories memories.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Last I heard it was in the $8k per year range. It might have gone up since then.

That is actually not all that bad considering the Disney connection. There are several communities with the same caliber of homes and amenities here in North Florida and their HOA dues are in the $5K range.
I think its' like the capacity of the MK during ticketed events - the number seems to change. I had heard HOA at Golden Oak was more like $20k per year, but never confirmed. And of course, these new houses have so much more amenities, so I would expect a considerably higher HOA than the vanilla Golden Oak rate.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
they really are beating the tar out of this "create memories" garbage.

I get nauseous every time I read any Disney marketing material or see one of the talking heads open there mouths. Create memories, family, kids, memories, family, create memories, create memories, magical memories, memories memories memories memories memories memories memories, memories memories memories memories memories memories memories, memories memories memories memories memories memories memories, memories memories memories memories memories memories.

I have great memories of all the money I used to have before I started going to Disney. ;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think its' like the capacity of the MK during ticketed events - the number seems to change. I had heard HOA at Golden Oak was more like $20k per year, but never confirmed. And of course, these new houses have so much more amenities, so I would expect a considerably higher HOA than the vanilla Golden Oak rate.
No doubt on the numbers. It is hard to lock down firm numbers on any of them

Most of the amenities seem to be fairly comparable. You have a high end clubhouse, golf course, fitness center, gated security, common areas,etc. The ones up here also tend to have marina's as well as inter-coastal access. Queens Harbor even has a boat lock so the level of the water inside the community stays at a particular level. You wouldn't want your 1 million dollar boat that you keep behind your 3 million dollar house to run aground on your way to the Caribbean.;)

rob0519

$8k a year is only about $666 a month (How's that for a coincidental number?). I've seen condos in high rises on Lake Shore Drive in Chicago where the HOA is $24k a year. Something doesn't sound right with that number on a $5,000,000 home, but I could be wrong.

Heck, I pay almost $3K a year to get my grass mowed and leaves removed and my landscaping looks nothing like what is in the renderings.

KikoKea

As long as they don't use land that otherwise could be park expansion!

But, didn't Disney try this with Celebration, only to sell out and distance themselves from residential communities?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom