Disney Annual Pass Questions

Tinkerbell 2000

Original Poster
Thinking about ordering an annual pass but first I have some questions...
When you order an AP are they activated immediately?
Also if I buy an AP can I book Fastpasses before I activate it?
How long is an AP good for?
What sort of discounts are available with an AP?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)

No it's not activated until first use at a park. And yes you can make fast passes even if not activated as long as it's in your MDE account. :)

StarWarsGirl

1. No. They can be used at any time, but they are activated from the first day you enter the park. So if you go in the park on January 1, 2017, it will expire on January 1, 2018, even if you bought it December 1, 2016.
2. Yes. Just link your pass to MDE and you're good to go.
3. Unless they are running a promotion, one year from the day you enter the park. Sometimes they'll run a promotion where you'll get 13 months.
4. I believe 20% for merchandise and 10% or 20% at certain dining locations, plus the option to buy a Tables in Wonderland Card, which is 20% off most TS locations and certain CS locations. Here is a full list of benefits: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder-benefits-and-discounts/

Let me know if you have any more questions!

dreamfinder

Is it worth it for only one member of a party to get one? Also how do you find out if they are running a 13 month promotion?

Depends on your party and spending habits. I always recommend buying an AP solely for the purpose of park admission, as that is the only thing you are entitled to. Everything else is a perk and is subject to change at will. So discounts might be nice, but they can and do often change, and in many cases aren't much better than what you could get by having DVC or a Disney Visa. Even the resort discounts are often at best 5% better for AP than the general public right now, so may not be worth it. That said, run the numbers. if you are staying offsite for a week, then you could easily save over a hundred dollars on parking alone. IF you buy alot of merch, and IF you dine at the restaurants that currently offer discounts, or IF you normally buy Memory Maker, then the single AP could pay for itself, or at least break even in a week long trip.

The promotions are relatively rare, I think only once every few years, and when announced end up all over the forums and news sites. Just poke around and you should see information.

BigRedDad

The 13 month deal is only valid if you purchase by Jan 3, 2017. It ends after that and not sure when it starts again.

StarWarsGirl

Is it worth it for only one member of a party to get one? Also how do you find out if they are running a 13 month promotion?
If they are running the promotion, it will say that on their website.

It really depends on your situation. If you're doing a good bit of shopping, are not staying on property and will be parking, and/or will be doing a lot of TS meals, especially expensive TS meals, you should consider the AP. If you're planning to go to WDW again before your pass expires, you should definitely look into it.

21stamps

Do I have to activate the pass before I receive a Magic Band?
No. You will receive 2 magic bands..or you can wait to customize your pass holder one if you have resort reservations. I bought an AP for myself but not my son. It allowed me to get 30% off of 5 nights out of a 9 night stay. The room discount, photo pass, and food and merchandise discounts paid for the AP in that one trip. I actually came out a few $ ahead.

I knew that I would be staying at a Disney resort pre cruise next year (hoping to get an AP discount with that) and that I will be doing a couple of park days during F&W. worked out perfectly.

Tinkerbell 2000

Original Poster
No. You will receive 2 magic bands..or you can wait to customize your pass holder one if you have resort reservations. I bought an AP for myself but not my son. It allowed me to get 30% off of 5 nights out of a 9 night stay. The room discount, photo pass, and food and merchandise discounts paid for the AP in that one trip. I actually came out a few $ ahead.
Doing 5 nights on Hotel Points at the Swan, but we buy a lot of merchandise normally plus photo pass and parking. Trying to convince the rest of the family now that it is a good idea to buy a pass.

raven

Be warned. If there is any automatic billing issues with your pass your pass will be blocked immediately until it's resolved. Also, at times they will take the monthly payment days earlier than scheduled.

Kristamouse

We just purchased AP's, is there a list of places that are offering 20% off dining? I was looking around Allear.net and didn't see anything.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We just purchased AP's, is there a list of places that are offering 20% off dining? I was looking around Allear.net and didn't see anything.

Yes, go the the Disney website, my Disney experience on the far right hand side (sign in of course) and then passholders

danyoung56

Be warned. If there is any automatic billing issues with your pass your pass will be blocked immediately until it's resolved. Also, at times they will take the monthly payment days earlier than scheduled.

I don't believe there are any monthly payment choices for a WDW AP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom