Disney Animation that isn't Disney Animation

Bairstow

Original Poster
I heard on a recent podcast that Winnie the Pooh and a Day for Eeyore wasn't actually animated by Disney, and sure enough, it turns out the short was produced by Rick Reinert Productions. I knew that the very Disney-looking animated beginning sequence for Enchanted was also done by outside contractors, so I'm wondering- just how many movies, shows, and theme park attractions with "Disney" animation was actually done by someone else?

lazyboy97o

It's Tough to Be a Bug was animated by Rythym & Hues. The attraction opened before A Bug's Life had its theatrical release so Pixar was too busy finishing the film.

Phroobar

Disney does distribute other animated movies under their name. Some come to mind are The Wild, Valiant and Frankenweenie. Disney also distributes all of the Studio Ghibli movies.

lazyboy97o

Disney does distribute other animated movies under their name. Some come to mind are The Wild, Valiant and Frankenweenie. Disney also distributes all of the Studio Ghibli movies.
Both of the Frankenweenie films were produced by Disney. The first played a role in Burton's termination and the second was part of the same deal that produced Alice in Wonderland.

Bairstow

Original Poster
Here's one- I always thought "The Water Engine" was animated by Disney, but it turns out it was done by BRC.
I hear it's actually shown at various children's museums and other places besides World of Motion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom