Disney After Hours Event

arko

FastPass was a good idea. You're making the line virtual and keeping it in the park.

FP+, not so much. Now you still have a virtual line but you're extending it outside the park and for months.

Regular FP favored park experts and rope droppers so it had its issues as well. When FP+ was announced the threads were filled with people upset they would no longer be able to get 15 FP's a day. The issue is not so much FP or FP+ but the number of rides everyone wants to do and the capacity of each ride. Even if you got rid of FP+ and just had standby the lines for the most popular rides would be almost as long because in the case of MK park capacity has increased and the other parks because the overall amount of rides has dwindled due to closures.

cbconglom

I just returned from a trip to Paris and DLP. The focus of the trip was to see Paris (which was incredible!), but since we were right there, decided to do 2 1/2 days at Disneyland. The weather was chilly and damp which didn't help, however I was very disappointed. Security was tight everywhere including uniformed personnel with assault rifles and dogs. Although they have pumped money into the parks, some areas were still desperately in need of a refurb. Far too many of the guests were extremely rude...it was not uncommon to get run into by other guests and I got physically pushed twice. The World of Disney and Disney Store were smaller and messy... toys on the floor and shelves were not kept organized. We stayed at Sequoia Lodge which was very outdated...CMs were great, but the resort needs a complete refurb. Some of the furnishings were tattered and 2 of the 3 elevators were out of service. Sorry for the long post, but I can say I'm glad I went to DLP just to say I was there, but would never return. If I go to an overseas Disney Park again, I think I would choose Tokyo.

Thanks so much! Lots to consider

asianway

Interesting read as Deb's site tends to be very positive about almost anything at WDW. Of course, the reviewer didn't say "This is a terrible waste of money, don't do it." They always tend to not get there ...
Mmmmm that looks like the good bacon banquets serves, not the paper thin greasy slop they have at QS and buffets.

Soarin4Disney

I'm sorry if it sounded too judgmental ... but I honestly have trouble justify visiting WDW when I pay next to nothing and get family and friends in for free. It has gotten that bad.

And when I think of a true destination ... like Hawaii ... or, yes, TDR ... I never cease to be shocked by people choosing to visit the stalest most overrated Disney resort of them all.

How much does it cost to be your friend? ;)

note2001

I am told that Disney's ticket sales goal for the next event is 160. And they're not anywhere close to that yet.

Disney just needs to admit defeat and start giving them all away as a part of their "Magic Happens Here" campaign.

But, since they're not, the next logical question after "How many tickets were sold" would be: How does one identify those bus stops at which one can score a set of free tickets?

Last edited:

Jon81uk

The Villians Soiree inside MNSSHP. This had the extra ire of those paying for MNSSHP, expecting the villians with their admittance only to find out that they were taken away to be part of the new paid event inside the paid event.

Reviews of the actual soiree seemed to be good though. Some reviewers seemed to be happier if they took the later seating time so it didn't eat in to the normal party. I think that was the only issue, that you needed to pay for the event on top of the admission. But then Club Villain at DHS is a similar concept, a dinner show at additional cost on top of admission. Club Villain also seems to be getting good reviews.

Personally I would rather these were outside of the parks so they could be purchased without admission (similar to HDDR and the Luau).

MeMawto2

We are staying at POR and have for 8 years! We always take advantage of the EMH and enjoy them as a perk of staying on Disney property! These new after hours at MK has caused no EMH there for the whole duration of our stay..June 2-8. No EMH at MK for the 6 days we have tickets! Disney could have at least offered the after hours at a reduced price to those who stay on Disney property! This is just greed and a lack of respect for those who love WDW and are returning customers!

asianway

The Villians Soiree inside MNSSHP. This had the extra ire of those paying for MNSSHP, expecting the villians with their admittance only to find out that they were taken away to be part of the new paid event inside the paid event.
I'm pretty sure most of them sold out

Jon81uk

We are staying at POR and have for 8 years! We always take advantage of the EMH and enjoy them as a perk of staying on Disney property! These new after hours at MK has caused no EMH there for the whole duration of our stay..June 2-8. No EMH at MK for the 6 days we have tickets! Disney could have at least offered the after hours at a reduced price to those who stay on Disney property! This is just greed and a lack of respect for those who love WDW and are returning customers!

Extra Magic Hours at MK during January, February, March, April and May 2016 is Friday mornings and Wednesday evenings. In June when you are there it is still Friday mornings and Wednesday evenings. The new events haven't changed the timings of EMH.
Unfortunately you are just arriving the day after evening EMH and leaving the day of evening EMH. Its just the dates of your trip, nothing to do with the new events.
Checking here http://www.wdwmagic.com/calendar.htm the only difference a year ago (June 2015) was that evening EMH were Saturdays, but still only once a week. IMO, Wednesday nights is a better option.

note2001

Extra Magic Hours at MK during January, February, March, April and May 2016 is Friday mornings and Wednesday evenings. In June when you are there it is still Friday mornings and Wednesday evenings. The new events haven't changed the timings of EMH.
Unfortunately you are just arriving the day after evening EMH and leaving the day of evening EMH. Its just the dates of your trip, nothing to do with the new events.
Checking here http://www.wdwmagic.com/calendar.htm the only difference a year ago (June 2015) was that evening EMH were Saturdays, but still only once a week. IMO, Wednesday nights is a better option.
I believe 2014, maybe earlier, was the last year we saw double evening EMH per week at the MK. However, I will say over the last few years over our visits, Disney more than made up loosing that day for it by extending the hours at the MK on a daily basis to at least 2 more hours than was on the schedule. Most folk had left by then thinking the park was closing.

What I don't care for is the reduced hours from 3 to 2. Now, I'll give Disney that I personally very rarely stayed up until 3am, and I know the cast members were dying to go home, but the cut hours feel like someone ripped the side mirrors off my new car. "They won't need these, or notice them missing"

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

EMH as other than a paid event is not long for this world according to well connected insiders (of which I AM NOT ONE OF) Right now Disney is just searching for the right price point after which EMH will join the long list of 'used to be included with admission/hotel' things.

note2001

EMH as other than a paid event is not long for this world according to well connected insiders (of which I AM NOT ONE OF) Right now Disney is just searching for the right price point after which EMH will join the long list of 'used to be included with admission/hotel' things.
EMH has increased the crowds at the parks anyway, causing them to be overpacked, and then when EMH does kick in the wait times are huge for the first hour. I'd rather Disney concentrate on effectively running the parks to best distribute the crowds among them. Having AK open later starting soon will help so much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom