Disembark from Cruise at Cape Canaveral

71dsp

Original Poster
We have our first Disney Cruise in about a month! We're so excited, but we were kind of sad that we couldn't visit Disney World while we were there. Well, as it turns out, this year is the last year for the Osborne Family Lights, so we decided to change our return flight and visit Disney World on the Saturday that we get back and leave Sunday evening.

I've read that the ship docks back at Cape Canaveral around 6 am and disembarking can happen as early as 7:30 am. Is that the norm, or are there usually delays? Disney is pretty efficient, so we're hoping we could get off the ship by 8 or 8:30 am. Is that a reasonable expectation?

Also, we want to get right to the parks, so we're thinking of taking a car service to the hotel (right now, we're thinking Contemporary or BLT). Any advice on what service we could use? We'd love to get to Disney World a bit before 10 am.

216bruce

You can get off early and they are pretty accurate with their times (barring weather or weirdness), but I'm pretty sure you'll need to deal with your own luggage when you disembark. The shipboard tv channels will have info the day before and guest services (amazing folks they are) will be able to answer any details.

Sparky359621

Also, we want to get right to the parks, so we're thinking of taking a car service to the hotel (right now, we're thinking Contemporary or BLT). Any advice on what service we could use? We'd love to get to Disney World a bit before 10 am.
You can take Disney transportation to your hotel. I think they will even take your bags for you so you do not need to deal with your luggage when you disembark. Just remember to pack any essentials you may need in a bag that you will carry off the ship with you.

patch553

on both of our cruises we have done express disembarkment,all this means you have to take all youre own luggage off the ship. this year I think we docked a little early so wer off the ship just gone 7,the cabanas open early so you can still get breakfast befor you leave

71dsp

Original Poster
Awesome info. Thanks guys. We'll be sure to ask for Express Disembarkment. Dealing with the luggage is no big deal. I'm in the process of getting a car service now so we can get to the hotel as early as possible.

Much-Pixie-Dust

I LOVE express disembarkment! For our family it is the way to go. We rent a car and park it in the garage by the ship. Last summer, we were off the ship and at AKL lodge by 8:45 a.m. Have a great trip!

MotherofaPrincessLover

We had to disembark the ship early last year since we had breakfast reservations at Chef Mickey's. I can't remember all the details, but I know we handled our own luggage. We took Disney transportation to our resort (POR) and then to Chef Mickey's and made it for our 11(?) reservation so if you have a car service I'm sure you'll get there plenty early.

Nmoody1

Depending how many of you there are, we just had the worst experience with our resort transfers - we were staying at grand floridian and had a tour of 6 hotels before being dropped off finally. I'd price up private transfers or look at Uber (which was half the price of the DCL transfer for 2)

Tom P.

On the flip side of this discussion, how *late* can one disembark? If you're not in a rush to get somewhere else and want to sleep in, enjoy breakfast, etc. on your final morning, when do you really have to start getting on your way?

71dsp

Original Poster
From what I've been told, they want everyone off the ship by 9 am.

We ended up going with a car service for the transfer. :)

tinktoo

You can take Disney transportation to your hotel. I think they will even take your bags for you so you do not need to deal with your luggage when you disembark. Just remember to pack any essentials you may need in a bag that you will carry off the ship with you.

No matter if you have a hire car, car service or DCL transportation to the resort, you'll have to take your own luggage through customs.

Once you check in at the hotel, their CM's will assist and be able to store your luggage if necessary.

On the flip side of this discussion, how *late* can one disembark? If you're not in a rush to get somewhere else and want to sleep in, enjoy breakfast, etc. on your final morning, when do you really have to start getting on your way?

DCL ask that everyone vacates their staterooms by 8am on the morning of debarkation. If you have late breakfast, you'll still be ready to get off the ship by approx. 9am.

KCL

We have our first Disney Cruise in about a month! We're so excited, but we were kind of sad that we couldn't visit Disney World while we were there. Well, as it turns out, this year is the last year for the Osborne Family Lights, so we decided to change our return flight and visit Disney World on the Saturday that we get back and leave Sunday evening.

I've read that the ship docks back at Cape Canaveral around 6 am and disembarking can happen as early as 7:30 am. Is that the norm, or are there usually delays? Disney is pretty efficient, so we're hoping we could get off the ship by 8 or 8:30 am. Is that a reasonable expectation?

This is just my one experience:

We did the "early disembarkation" except we couldn't figure out how to leave and ended up exiting with the first group of people who had to go retrieve their luggage. We walked out to the busses with our bags and instead of being directed to the bus they just put us on a Mears van. Another family followed rather quickly. So we were out of there before the first bus was even half full.

I checked the times and we were checked into our room at Coronado Springs by about 9 am and had taken a picture in front of DAK by 10 am.

Your mileage may vary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom