Discovery Cove & GoPro Hero Camcorder?!

Klorhy

Original Poster
I'm not sure how many people will be able to help me with this but.. We're flying out to Orlando in just under 6 weeks (WOO!) and going to be visiting Discovery Cove during this trip.
I have a GoPro Hero Camcorder and, as this has a waterproof housing, was interested in using this whilst I was there. I am aware I can't use it when swimming with the dolphins (I'm fine with this, I will be buying the photo package anyhow) but during the rest of the day at the park, I will be using it.
Does anyone have any experience with using a GoPro at Discovery Cove and have an attachment/mount they recommend for use there? I was considering a Wrist Strap (£40-50 here but only $34 currently in Walmart!) but other people have suggested a GoPole Bobble (Not sure if I like the look of this or not)

Journey_On

First of all, YAY for your upcoming visit to Orlando and Discovery Cove! You will love it.

My boyfriend brought his GoPro with him and used the head mount in the Grand Reef. He would recommend that. I would imagine the wrist strap would cause video-viewers to be dizzy, or you would have to keep your wrist very still while taking videos.

If you choose to do SeaVenture, you can also bring your GoPro in the water for that experience. :)

PeteM92

I haven't been to discovery cove but I took my GoPro to the 2 disney waterparks with just a small GoPro pole and that was great. I personally don't think much of the wrist straps as they are a bit tricky to get a variety of shots or stable shots. I recommend anything that you can hold in your hand like a pole as it's a bit more versatile. Oh and remember some sort of strap thing to attach to yourself as the GoPro in the waterproof case on its own does not float! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom