• Swim With Dolpins

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Swim Without Dolphins.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scan_man

Original Poster
I don't know how many ppl have been there yet. But I woundering if any one has any thoughts of Discovery cove.
It seems to have potention, only allowing a total of 1k ppl a day, and having 3 different prices for what you might want to do.
1. Trainer for a day
2. Swim with Dolphins
3. Swim without Dolphins
All include the entire park, and Lunch, and snorkle geer to swim in the cove. Also included a 7 consecetive day pas to Sea World.
Prices are as follows
$350 Trainer for a Day
$199 Swim with Dolphins
$85 Swim without Dolphins

markymark

We went last year, in July. It had only been open for a short while. We did the dolphin swim, I don't think the trainer oprion was in place then.
I was a truly fantastic day. The park itself is wonderful, just big enough, but thanks to the fact they have a max attendance limit, it was not crowded. There was plenty of time with the dolphins, and as we booked our dolphin swim for about 9.30am we were able to spend the rest of the day at our leisure around the park. There is plenty of opportunity to have a swim, there is a kind of river that runs round the outside of the park, which takes you into the aviary. There is also a large "pool" stocked with fish that you can snorkel in. The lunch was great and there were just the right amount of shops there, so you weren't having merchandise rammed down your throat. All this coupled with a 7 day SW pass was really really great value.
So much so, that we are going again next year. Just wondering, one of our party doesn't want to swim with the dolphins. If you just book for the swim without dolphins, do you still get the 7 day pass?
Don't get me wrong I love WDW but I found DC to be a real good way to have a chill out day.

M

Mr Lightbeer

We are off to Discovery Cove on Aug 20 ,my wife and middle'n are to swim with the Dolphin's while the rest of us scaredy cat's watch.We get a seven day seaworld pass also.I'm sure my wife will quiz you markymark in the coming weeks ,it's the thing she's looking forward to the most.

I would like to know "are there any sharks there that like blonde bimbo's? :D

markymark

Originally posted by Mr Lightbeer
I'm sure my wife will quiz you markymark in the coming weeks ,it's the thing she's looking forward to the most.

No problem my friend! Just e-mail me, or send me a message with whatever your good lady wants to know.

Erm.. I think the sharks are quite well fed, but you could always have a word with the staff there, maybe they won't feed them just before you arrive! :)

M

Mr Lightbeer

Originally posted by markymark

No problem my friend! Just e-mail me, or send me a message with whatever your good lady wants to know.

Erm.. I think the sharks are quite well fed, but you could always have a word with the staff there, maybe they won't feed them just before you arrive! :)

Oh markymark you let me down I was sure you were gonna say you liked blonde bimbo's,
I know I do ;) :D

markymark

Sorry!! Small matter of a hangover this morning. Appear to have accidentally taken in excessive amount of Budweiser last night, and I thought I was drinking Earl Grey!

woofboy111

I personally can't see spending 85 bucks on a theme park, no less $350! If they give a buy one get one free deal or something like that, I would love to go.

sillyspook13

Trainer for a day was at Sea World, but it sounds to me like they must have moved it to Discovery Cove (that's what it sounds like on here???)

Personally I don't think Discovery Cove is worth the money. After talking to somebody who went, I was disappointed. Apparently this dolphin swim is only 1/2 hour with 1 dolphin, 1 trainer, and a group of 7 people. I know of many places in the Florida Keys that are cheaper and more personal.

Kontra

Last night, Sunday, there was a new "World's Best" show on the top 10 places to cool off. I skipped by it and noticed that Discovery Bay was amongst the list. It will be on the Travel Channel this week again if anyone is interested.

markymark

We were quite lucky when we went. There were 2 trainers, and only 5 of us (all from our party) I think in total we had about 45 mins. As I've already said we went just after it had opened, maybe things have changed now. Wish I could find out in person. Damn you Lightbeer, I wish I was going in August!!

scan_man

Original Poster
I am Envious of Mr Lightbeer too. I have to wait until September to go. Please let us know how your experence was Please?
I payed the $199 a piece for me and my Girlfriend to go, so I look forward to hearing about how your time was.

scan_man

Original Poster
Jay I bet for Insurance reason, they make you wear a life jacket, or it's just me that is what it looks like on their web page when I look at it. meaning even if you can't swim, you wont sink Personally no one is that heavy that they sink like a rock any ways. It takes at least 17 addtional lbs for me weight of 225-230 to sink when I dive. Of if I have a 6 mm wet suit on, I have 55 extra lbs on me, just to get below the surface.

I appologize, I just looked at their web site, it's not life jackets you have on for boyance, you have a 2.5 mm wet suit on. Works great for keeping your body warm, and works good as a life jacket, since you will still need extra weight to sink. For some one like me it's about 8 to 10 lb's extra but you might want to check it out with some one that dives, and figure in the Air tank adds on about another 4 to 7 lbs depending on it's size.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom