Discovery Bay - A New Theme Park Experience

JokersWild

Original Poster
On May 1st, 1895, a full page advertisement appeared in the morning editions of the New York Globe-Telegraph, the Los Angeles Sentinel, the San Francisco Times, the London Standard, and Le Parisien. Below is a transcript of the advertisement.
"Citizens of the World,
In honor of the tenth anniversary of its’ founding, as well as the twentieth anniversary of the founding of our beloved Society, Discovery Bay will be opened to the public for the first time on July 1st, 1895.
We, the members of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, invite the citizens of the world, from poor to rich, and young to old, to explore our fair settlement and discover the new technologies and innovations borne by the members of SEA everyday.
We furthermore extend the invitation to attend the society’s first ever Exposition - also beginning on July 1st, 1895. Here, many of our society’s most prolific members, as well as a few invited associates, will present their latest inventions, technologies, and discoveries. Rare and priceless artifacts from multiple collections will also be displayed for the first time within the exposition halls.
We invite you to come learn and discover just what wonders in culture and science our world has to offer here at Discovery Bay.

In Exploration and Adventure,
Jason Chandler

Founding Member
The Society of Explorers and Adventurers"
Dear patrons of WDWMagic, I would like to introduce to you a park which I have been slowly working on for a long time. I am incredibly proud to finally present:

SEALogo.png

Discovery Bay

Established in 1885 just north of San Francisco, hidden away between the Santa Cruz Mountains and the Pacific Ocean, Discovery Bay was built to be a bastion for the free thinker; a place where members of SEA, and their associates, could live and work in a private and highly collaborative environment. Many incredible discoveries and inventions were born in this hidden city. On the eve of the settlement's tenth anniversary, the Society of Explorers and Adventurers has finally opened their greatest experiment to the public. They have invited you to walk their streets and discovery the incredible sights, sounds, and thoughts Discovery Bay has to offer.

------------------------------
This is definitely my most ambitious project. Located just north of San Francisco, California, Discovery Bay stands not only as a testament to Disney's unique storytelling techniques, but also finally formally introduces the characters of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers (SEA) to American audiences. This unique park is definitely a bit of an experiment for me as I'm trying to make this as complete an experience as I possibly can. Below will be an attraction list for the park. As the weeks go on, I will provide links to each portion and attraction present within the park, as well as a few pieces of supplementary material (world building and the like. I seem to have gone a bit overboard on that end....) On top of the general descriptions of the attractions and lands, I hope to be able to present the finished product with both art* and music as well. Nevertheless, here is the list of attractions and lands. Everything is subject to change. I am absolutely open to suggestions, and I hope that you'll all stick around for me to eventually finish this. Stay tuned for updates.

In Exploration and Adventure,
Jokers

*If anyone is free and willing to help with art, please PM me. I would really appreciate the help. Priority right now is a park map. Thanks.

------------------------------
Discovery Bay

-Coming Soon-​

Last edited:

JokersWild

Original Poster
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?!? :eek::eek:
Yeah that's kind of the pipe dream attraction in the park, haha. I thought the aesthetic and story would fit rather well in the park and thought that Chitty Chitty Bang Bang would make an incredible ride.

Expect updates in the next day or two. I've been a bit preoccupied getting my apartment and job set up.

The90skid

Yeah that's kind of the pipe dream attraction in the park, haha. I thought the aesthetic and story would fit rather well in the park and thought that Chitty Chitty Bang Bang would make an incredible ride.

Expect updates in the next day or two. I've been a bit preoccupied getting my apartment and job set up.
That's genius! I think it would be a great fit!

JokersWild

Original Poster
Just updated the park with the general description of The Crystal Cavern, which can be found in the first post. I was going to try to get all of the general descriptions up in one go, but this one ended up being a bit bigger due to the nature of the area.

Let me know what you guys think and how you all feel about the format. I'm trying something a bit new that I think will streamline the way the park could be presented, but I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom