Discount tickets?

ELG13

Original Poster
Me and dh may have a free night while we are there in a few weeks (God willing!) My mom said she'd keep the kids at the cabin and we could go.. but I don't want to go drink at Disney springs. Do they offer discount tickets after a certain time to any of the parks? We we're thinking magic kingdom on the 4th of October...they are open late. I would feel guilty going to mnsshp without the rest of the family but I know it's an option on other nights. We probably wouldnt get to get out until 8 or 9.

AndyS2992

Nope. Tickets cost the same not matter what time of day. And you will arrive at the park at 8 or 9? I personally wouldn't bother, $200 for 4 hours is not a good deal. Go bowling, shopping or watch Cirque du Soleil at Disney Springs, there's more there than just drinking.

ELG13

Original Poster
Nope. Tickets cost the same not matter what time of day. And you will arrive at the park at 8 or 9? I personally wouldn't bother, $200 for 4 hours is not a good deal. Go bowling, shopping or watch Cirque du Soleil at Disney Springs, there's more there than just drinking.
Oh i didn't think about Cirque! I was just hoping we could run the park sans kids for a few hours..so maybe mnsshp...it will be our little secret lol

AndyS2992

Oh i didn't think about Cirque! I was just hoping we could run the park sans kids for a few hours..so maybe mnsshp...it will be our little secret lol
Keep in mind there is no mnsshp on October 4th, there is EMH until 1am though

Driver

Disney Springs has tons of stuff to do. DW and I like to go and hang out there to catch the entertainment. There is typically some musicians/ singers, human statues. Cirque was mentioned but it is closing end of Dec. by the way...... check it out it's a great show.

nickys

Premium Member
Me and dh may have a free night while we are there in a few weeks (God willing!) My mom said she'd keep the kids at the cabin and we could go.. but I don't want to go drink at Disney springs. Do they offer discount tickets after a certain time to any of the parks? We we're thinking magic kingdom on the 4th of October...they are open late. I would feel guilty going to mnsshp without the rest of the family but I know it's an option on other nights. We probably wouldnt get to get out until 8 or 9.

You could book a nice meal somewhere, Artists Point @ WL, or somewhere on the monorail loop. Or just enjoy drinks on one of the terraces and enjoy the fireworks. The Wave @ Contemporary may have ADRs available if other places don't.

dreamfinder

Not unless you are attending a convention.

Free night? Lots of options in additional to just Disney Springs. Monorail hop, just hang out at Trader Sams, any of the signature dining options, heck even a movie at AMC.

Rob562

Yes that is currently one of the days we are not slated to be in Magic Kingdom during our trip.

Wait....are you going to the parks on *other* days, too? If so, you must have tickets... Unless they're 10-day tickets already, just add a day into them. The extra day will only cost you about $20 per person. Still a bargain even if you're only going for an evening.

-Rob

Worldlover71

Wait....are you going to the parks on *other* days, too? If so, you must have tickets... Unless they're 10-day tickets already, just add a day into them. The extra day will only cost you about $20 per person. Still a bargain even if you're only going for an evening.

-Rob
I agree. After the 4th day, extra days are very reasonable. $20 for 4-5 hours in MK is a great deal.

ELG13

Original Poster

-Rob
Oh I didn't realize that...we have 4 day tickets so we may upgrade at check in!

Rob562

Oh I didn't realize that...we have 4 day tickets so we may upgrade at check in!

Did you buy the tickets direct from Disney? Or through a third-party ticket reseller?

If directly from Disney, then go ahead and upgrade at the hotel. (Just make sure they know you're only adding a day to some of your tickets)

If you bought from someone else, you should use the ticket to enter a park *before* upgrading. It'll retain your discounted price while only charging you the current difference between a 4-day and a 5-day ticket.

-Rob

ELG13

Original Poster
We
Did you buy the tickets direct from Disney? Or through a third-party ticket reseller?

If directly from Disney, then go ahead and upgrade at the hotel. (Just make sure they know you're only adding a day to some of your tickets)

If you bought from someone else, you should use the ticket to enter a park *before* upgrading. It'll retain your discounted price while only charging you the current difference between a 4-day and a 5-day ticket.

-Rob
We purchased through Disney. We are upgrading after check in to 4 day tickets bc right now we are booked for 2 day park hopper so we could get the free dining. We are Florida residents so I'm hoping the upgrade will get us a little money back or pay for me and hubs extra Tix!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom