Dinsey projecting BEST Easter in 4 years!!!

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Expected attendence to reach near record levels. Look for phased closings at the MK mid week next week. 8am to midnights, 2 SaDCT parades, 2 spectros, expanded show times, easter enhancements, Expanded hours at reduced hour attractions, such as JC, Tiki, CBJ, Riverboat, HoP, DHR, Timekeeper, CoP, ect...

"sings"

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE MY FRIEND, HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN...

AndyP

Apart from all the people there who have to wait in the queues! I hope this happens, it would show everyone that WDW is back with avengence! Hopefully this will get the Disney execs to put even more money into it!

all41

Is the late closing (midnight) the reason they haven't scheduled any Eride nights?
I was there 2 weeks ago and MK was open til 11 without any Eride nights. Despite staying open late, all the FastPasses were gone and the lines stayed long late into the evening. Eride nights make the big ones (Splash, Big Thunder, Space Mountain) much more managable.

CTXRover

They had their best Christmas season ever just this past holiday, including Epcot breaking a new record for single day attendance on New Year's Eve (I was there and can verify that...when else does Figment get a 45min to 1 hour wait? Not to mention both TT and MS had over 3 1/2 hour waits each and there was a line to just get into The Land pavilion to stand in more lines...it was insane...yet also quite fun when night came :) )

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they broke new records again over Easter. They probably have an idea on what to expect based on their occupancy levels at the their resorts. I think there is a pent-up demand to travel that has existed since 9/11..and as people finally feel more secure with traveling and the economy is rising, that "need" to go somewhere is skyrocketing and why we're seeing amazing attendance thus far. Having some blockbuster new additions at Epcot and Magic Kingdom probably is helping a tad too.

Dayma

The market is improving so more people going to be able to afford Disney. This is turn is going to cause a lot of problems for people trying to get rid if Eisner since everything is doing better!

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by blackride
This is turn is going to cause a lot of problems for people trying to get rid if Eisner since everything is doing better!

Not so true... Most people are tired of seeing Eisner make cheap sequels! There will always be the case of cheapness!

andre85

Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
Not so true... Most people are tired of seeing Eisner make cheap sequels! There will always be the case of cheapness!

If they're making money, the stockholders (the ones who matter) won't mind.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by andre85
If they're making money, the stockholders (the ones who matter) won't mind.

What about the fact that he ignored their direct request for him to step down? I assure you, stockholders are pi$$ed!!!

EDIT: forgot to mention! If cheapness is around the company won't make money, so no matter how good the Easter season is, some things won't change!

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by roysta123
FLCM, what do you mean by "Look for phased closings at the MK mid week next week"??

When park reaches capicity they close it, phase by phase although I can't remember them!:hammer:

Dayma

EDIT: forgot to mention! If cheapness is around the company won't make money, so no matter how good the Easter season is, some things won't change

Keep prices down with the peoples buying increasing...sounds like Eisner is making the stock holders happy.

I am not saying I like Eisner just that this is basic business and wall street will treat it this way.....

ToTBellHop

if your stock prices go up, you are happy. That is the point in buying stocks. Anyone can go to Disney World and have a great time, regardless of what is going on (I know I still have fun). If you are making money on your stocks, you don't look for change.

wdwfan22

Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
What about the fact that he ignored their direct request for him to step down? I assure you, stockholders are pi$$ed!!!

EDIT: forgot to mention! If cheapness is around the company won't make money, so no matter how good the Easter season is, some things won't change!

Not all shareholders are pi$$ed.

Bimmy56

I had heard that too, from the mother of a home office cast member - that the spring break numbers had somewhat taken Disney by surprise, and had record setting attendance in pre-911 numbers.

MKCP 1985

Hypothetical Question

On one of these gate closing days, if a family staying on property goes in early and leaves in the afternoon, getting their hands stamped and all of that, are they allowed back in later that same day?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom