DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

ctxak98

Can we just agree that both Dinosaur and JPRA are kind of cheesy but they both also have their strengths?

Two completely different types of rides. JPRA is mostly just a gentle boat ride with the theming being dressing on the side.

Can we all just agree that both rides are a little cheesy but in different ways but they both also have positives?
I don't find either of them cheesy. I think by that standard every ride is cheesy. Both need work I think we can agree on that!

KingOfEpicocity

Can we just agree that both Dinosaur and JPRA are kind of cheesy but they both also have their strengths?

Two completely different types of rides. JPRA is mostly just a gentle boat ride with the theming being dressing on the side.

Can we all just agree that both rides are a little cheesy but in different ways but they both also have positives?

JPRA is supposed to be a gentle boat ride, with a huge drop and animatronic trex? It seems to me like a slow ride with an attempt at thrill later on. Yep. They both need a lot of work.

matt9112

Side note do they still do the meteor briefing thing on the earth globe? Last few times i havent seen it. And last few times there hasent been much lines.

Bairstow

It ran last fall (first time I'd seen it in ages) but most of the bulbs were burnt out.
My impression is that the full loop of various Bill Nye lessons periodically delivered in the Great Hall was always much longer than the time the average guest spent in that part of the queue. This is true now more than ever because the FP merge point being in there means standby riders spend even less time in the room.

This is actually a good thing in a way- it means that guests who take repeat rides are less likely to hear all the same material every time.

In my opinion, every attraction that has audio or video components to the queue should make sure that those elements are long enough that guests at least won't hear the same thing twice, and if possible, much longer. Even when the audio/video is important to convey the story of the attraction or deliver safety information, the use of multiple variants in the delivery makes waiting for the attraction that much less monotonous.

Goofnut1980

So we were there last week (previously October) when did they change the color of that dino in dinoland to green.... he was yellow last time I was there.. He looks SOOO much better.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
My impression is that the full loop of various Bill Nye lessons periodically delivered in the Great Hall was always much longer than the time the average guest spent in that part of the queue. This is true now more than ever because the FP merge point being in there means standby riders spend even less time in the room.

This is actually a good thing in a way- it means that guests who take repeat rides are less likely to hear all the same material every time.

In my opinion, every attraction that has audio or video components to the queue should make sure that those elements are long enough that guests at least won't hear the same thing twice, and if possible, much longer. Even when the audio/video is important to convey the story of the attraction or deliver safety information, the use of multiple variants in the delivery makes waiting for the attraction that much less monotonous.

The same goes for ride loops... *cough Nemo, mermaid, Mexico cough*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom