Dinoland next for updates? / What should be done?

Marc Davis Fan

Original Poster
Dinoland is the only AK land still unaltered during the current overall plussing of AK in preparation for RoL & Pandora. Ironic, since this land seems to need it the most.

Might it be slated for any aesthetic/thematic improvements, and/or new structures? Or could the lack of change indicate a longer-term plan to dramatically alter the land (e.g., major re-theme)?

As a corollary, what minor, truly feasible changes can be made to improve the land? I think that just a little more rockwork throughout the land, matching the rock formations in the Boneyard, perhaps also with fossils, would really help create a sense of place, and allow the land to fit better aesthetically with the rest of AK. I would also put up signs at both entrances to the land that better introduce the backstory (e.g., something welcoming you from the Institute or the town, more understandable than "the friendliest fossils in America," which I think is a sort-of wasted opportunity to have an explanatory sign...).

Cmdr_Crimson

They really missed an opportunity to put the Sinclair's there in Dinoland. Expand the Henson-verse.
latest

Kate F

I think one of the main things DinoLand needs is the feeling of an actual place. Unlike Asia, Africa, and the upcoming Pandora, DinoLand doesn't feel like an immersive world, it just feels like a bunch of randomly placed dinosaur related attractions.

That and actually high quality attractions, save Dinosaur.

mitchk

I say move primeval whirl demolish the rest of dinorama, and build either the excavator coaster or the aborted boat ride, A.k.a. the original dinosaur concept, but I guess that gets covered with Pandora land. Actually I retract my statement it would be hard to make primeval whirl fit anywhere in that park unless they do something like enclose it

Rescue Ranger

I'd be in complete favor of re-theming the entire thing to Good Dinosaur or just in general to a small mythical area and new reimagined Dinosaur land.

It still bothers me to see the Dragon symbol but the park has nothing and Dinoland has never fit the park in its current form.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I think they should re-theme the entire land JUST to the dino institute theme for the DINOSAUR attraction... Make the original planned mechanical-dino coaster.. Perhaps themed to some sort of experiment gone wrong in the institute or something.. Keep TriceraTop Spin and the boneyard for the kiddies.

Fox&Hound

It just doesn't fit with the rest of the beautiful park. It's sad and it's an embarrassment. And while I love the Nemo show it doesn't fit there either. Really had my fingers crossed that The Good Dinosaur would be a smash but that won't happen with poor word of mouth. I really think I would love AK much more if Dinoland and Chester and Hester's were improved/changed. It truly makes me like AK less due to its inclusion. AK is such a beautiful park with a real sense of place and authenticity and it has outgrown Dinoland USA. When the park was first built it made for a good place filler while they waited for something better but the time has come to let it go and do something worthy of the park and the Disney name.

captainmoch

Make DinoRama a BTMRR-style excavator coaster, and the Nemo theater into a Walking With Dinosaurs-type show. Tie in the story that the excavation site is run by the Dino Institute (along with the Boneyard), and that the theater is a local theater that plays the show to tie in with the nearby prominent Institute and such. The entire area could be something along the lines of "a small town with a dinosaur obsession", similar to what DinoLand is currently supposed to be, but done better without the lame carnival stuff and made to feel like an actual rustic town.

beast

Change Dinoland U.S.A. into Beastly Kingdom. Get rid of Chester and Hester's.
Change the dinosaurs in "Dinosaur" into dragons and re-theme. Add a suspended
roller coaster (part indoors with audio animatronics). Add a maze (themed with dragons,
unicorns, Pegasus, Minotaur, etc.).

beast

Remove Dinoland and do a Finding Nemo/Dory complete makeover. The have the Land Animals down pack now get the Sea Animals represented.

Allows for Nemo removal from epcot to a more fitting park.

I can dream right? Lol

My second choice (first choice being Beastly Kingdom) would be to put an Australian section in the Dinoland section (I'd prefer the
Australian section to be located in that large amount of land north of the Asia section). This way the "Finding Nemo" show would
actually be in its correct place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom