Dinner at EPCOT?

4disneylovers

Cape May is also a short walk out the back gate. We enjoyed it.

If you decide to try Biergarten find out when the "show" will be so you make sure you catch it. We did lunch, it was cheaper and still saw show.

ZachS

I really like Restaurant Marrakesh, the Mogador Fish Tagine is really good. My wife is a big fan of Teppan Edo, the swordfish was really good.

Betsyboo

My husband and I had great luck with ADRs for 2. We ate at Biergarten and Chefs de France in EP. Remember that at the Biergarten you are seated with others. Chefs was great and had many tables for 2.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Just ate at the Garden Grill after not having done so in years, so I can second @LAKid53's recommendation. It was a great meal.

Coral Reef gets a lot of iffy reviews, but I've always enjoyed it.

And just like @zurgandfriend, I would encourage you to try the resort restaurants, especially those right outside the International Gateway--Yachtsman's Steakhouse and Captain's Grille at Yacht Club, Il Mulino at the Swan, and Flying Fish at the Boardwalk are some of our favorite places to dine, and it's usually easy to get a table (we are also a party of 2).

Over near the MK, I would heartily recommend Grand Floridian Café and especially Citricos, both at the Grand Floridian.

In the MK, try Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch--you can get the turkey & stuffing at both lunch and dinner, but lunch is the only time you can get the heavenly Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake.

WDWoptmist

My GF and I go just the two of us monthly and we get reservations pretty much anywhere and we usually book about 2 weeks in advance due to living close by spur of the moment weekend trips and if you cant get a reservation you can walk up just about anywhere in Epcot other than Monsieur Paul and Le Cellier. Also another great practice is making Firework Reservations (almost always available at Epcot for 2) and it just enhance your experience. Not much can beat La Hacienda during fireworks with a window seat but to stray away from Mexican and Italian I'd say Rose and Crown, Restaurant Marrakesh, or head over to the Boardwalk and try Flying Fish or Yachtsmans 2 of the best on property!

disneygeek90

4 of us went to the Via Napoli restaurant in Italy a couple months ago. I was questioning how I had never been there before. Delicious pizza that is easy to split and you get your moneys worth.

TB4244

We ate at Teppan Edo tonight and I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable meals I have ever had. Not only is the food great but it's almost a dinner show too.
I'm backing @Tiggerish up by saying that the Garden Grill not only serves a delicious meal but every time you look up from your plate the scenery has changed.

JohnD

I'm going to WDW in late April next year, but won't be able to book any ADRs until a few weeks after the 180 day window opens. It's just my dad and I, and I've heard that tables of 2 are harder to reserve.
Last time we went (2011), we never had a chance to try out any of the sit down restaurants (we had QS lunch in Norway, QS dinner in Mexico).
So where would you suggest we dine? (Taking into account the lack of ability to book at 180 days out)

I don't understand. Why is it you can't book your ADRs until a few weeks AFTER your 180 day window opens? You just need an MDE account and a Visa card. I don't think you need a hotel reservation or tickets for ADRs. I'd try to book your ADRs as close to when the 180 days opens as possible.

Now, to the restaurants. It depends on the type of places you like. I'd say you can't go wrong with the San Angel Inn. I like the subdued, dark atmosphere. You get good food, tequilla drinks, and a quiet atmophere.

Via Napoli has good pizza but the restaurant is loud. Biergarten is fun and is a buffet but you need to be ready to share your table with someone else. If that's your style, then you could give that a try.

Many people consider LeCellier overrated compared to other steakhouses at WDW. But if your schedule only allows for Epcot, then LeCellier is worth considering.

Haven't yet been to Restaurant Marrakesh, although I have a Candlelight Processional ADR for it on 12/1.

Finally, Rose and Crown Pub, particuarly on the patio with British food and beer. What's not to like about that for your Dad?

Last edited:

Philharmagically

Original Poster
I don't understand. Why is it you can't book your ADRs until a few weeks AFTER your 180 day window opens? You just need an MDE account and a Visa card. I don't think you need a hotel reservation or tickets for ADRs. I'd try to book your ADRs as close to when the 180 days opens as possible.

Now, to the restaurants. It depends on the type of places you like. I'd say you can't go wrong with the San Angel Inn. I like the subdued, dark atmosphere. You get good food, tequilla drinks, and a quiet atmophere.

Via Napoli has good pizza but the restaurant is loud. Biergarten is fun and is a buffet but you need to be ready to share your table with someone else. If that's your style, then you could give that a try.

Many people consider LeCellier overrated compared to other steakhouses at WDW. But if your schedule only allows for Epcot, then LeCellier is worth considering.

Haven't yet been to Restaurant Marrakesh, although I have a Candlelight Processional ADR for it on 12/1.

Finally, Rose and Crown Pub, particuarly on the patio with British food and beer. What's not to like about that for your Dad?

First of all, we now don't know if it's just going to be my dad and I, given that my sister is now available during that time (also a very fussy eater...). And we won't be finalising the dates or bookings until I get my new passport in a few weeks time.
And thanks for the suggestions! Although I don't think my dad will want to visit the Rose & Crown given that dining at EPCOT is about trying something new (my dad is British :p )

JohnD

First of all, we now don't know if it's just going to be my dad and I, given that my sister is now available during that time (also a very fussy eater...). And we won't be finalising the dates or bookings until I get my new passport in a few weeks time.
And thanks for the suggestions! Although I don't think my dad will want to visit the Rose & Crown given that dining at EPCOT is about trying something new (my dad is British :p )

Ah, makes sense.

DisneyJunkie

I'd definitely recommend Coral Reef, Nine Dragons (China), and Biergarten (Germany). Coral Reef has a terrific atmosphere in there, and the food is just great. At Nine Dragons (China), you might be under the impression it's at or below your local chinese restaurant in terms of quality, but it's not......the food is better than our local chinese, the service is fast and friendly. We had a great meal there and it didn't take 2 hours for the whole thing.

While some of the countries' restaurants food is really subpar (i.e. England, Morocco, France) the food in Japan's Teppan Edo is probably a few notches below any local Japanese steakhouse in quality and quite a few higher in price. The same applies to the food in Mexico's San Angel Inn. It used to be on our list of 'must-do' places, but it fell off. We prefer our more "americanized" local Mexican place to the food there......though it does have a gorgeous atmosphere. The food in France, however, was just flat-out disgusting....I'd avoid it.

Last edited:

Frankie The Beer

Personally my expectations for Epcot dining is rather low so I tend to stick to only a handful of dining options at that particular park. I will only recommend the restaurants at the Japan pavilion, avoid the quick service option, and Coral Reef, but only for seafood selections.

KenW

We went to Monsieur Paul for an 8:30 PM meal. The dining area is quite small, but there tables for two there. We enjoyed a nice, slow paced, quiet meal with no kids in the restaurant. I asked for a window table and got it, so we also got to watch Illuminations while we ate. They were getting tables ready for the next day by 10:30, but never rushed us with our meal.

Also, there's actual space between the tables. It felt like every other Disney World restaurant was packing in customers as tightly as fire code would allow. Monsieur Paul said they were fully booked when we were seated. There were 20 or so patrons. All the staff were from France and were pleasantly willing to humor me and my attempts to order in French.

However, unless you -really- want to stay in Epcot, I'd rather go to Victoria and Albert's for the price. You can use the monorail to get to the Grand Floridian from Epcot. The trip from Epcot to the transportation station to the Grand Floridian is very short. There's a strict dress code (And a no young kids code!). You'll pay through the nose, but stepping into the Grand Floridian feels so unlike anything in Disney World while at the same time, having the Disney magic cranked up to 11.

If you're looking for something you can't get anywhere else, I'd avoid eating at China, it is, as we say in Cantonese, "Gwai lo lap sap." Panda Express at Disney prices. Same with Teppan Edo in Japan; it's the exact same thing you can find at Benihana's. Same with Tokyo Dining; you can get better sushi, but just like Monsieur Paul, if you get the right table, you'll get a good view of Illuminations if you time it right.

San Angel is fun, you can wave at the people on the boats as they ride on by. If you want a quiet meal, this isn't the place. Kind of gave me a Casa Bonita vibe, but that's fun too!

The Coral Reef's been added to the bucket list of places to eat at. At the very least, it looks quite unique and I did not have a seafood dish in any of the restaurants that wasn't very good. (Cept the Clam Chowder at the Harbor House in MK. Glad I tried it on the last day we were there, or it would have been a ruined vacation!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom