Dinner at EPCOT?

Philharmagically

Original Poster
I'm going to WDW in late April next year, but won't be able to book any ADRs until a few weeks after the 180 day window opens. It's just my dad and I, and I've heard that tables of 2 are harder to reserve.
Last time we went (2011), we never had a chance to try out any of the sit down restaurants (we had QS lunch in Norway, QS dinner in Mexico).
So where would you suggest we dine? (Taking into account the lack of ability to book at 180 days out)

4disneylovers

Boy that really depends on the type of food that you like.
We enjoyed Biergarten, Coral Reef and Le Cellier when we have eaten there.
We were disappointed in the "show" at Teppan Edo last time we were there.
I have not eaten at many of the other WS restaurants.

PMC0849

I have always enjoyed restaurant Marrakesh, it offers something a little different. The food has always been good, and it seems to always have reservations available. Le Cellier is also good, if you are in the mood for steak.

MagicMegan

For something different I would try Biergarten in Germany. It's traditional German food. I love Le Cellier but I always just get the steak there lol.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Try Rose and Crown, good food, great atmosphere and awesome brew. And if you want some simple, wholesome food, try the Garden Grill in the Land Pavilion. The produce is grown on-site, the tilapia they farm at EPCOT and the beef and turkey are also good. And they will bring you as much food as you can consume. Plus you get the added benefit of meeting Farmer Mickey, Pluto and Chip & Dale. Too bad about not wanting the usual Italian, because the pizza at Via Napoli is an experience you must partake of.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Since this is a thread about food, did anyone know yesterday was Celebrate Greasy Food Day? And that somewhere on this planet someone makes bacon wrapped French fries. OMG. Baaaaacon.

Philharmagically

Original Poster
Just saw some interesting stuff about the Spice Road. How does it work with getting a table? Because on the Disney website it says that you can't get reservations for it, and it looks like a great spot to have a late dinner while watching the fireworks

LAKid53

Premium Member
Just saw some interesting stuff about the Spice Road. How does it work with getting a table? Because on the Disney website it says that you can't get reservations for it, and it looks like a great spot to have a late dinner while watching the fireworks

Is it that none are available or is Spice Road a quick service restaurant? If so, that would explain the no reservations.

LAKid53

Premium Member

You can, I just checked. It's part of the EPCOT Wind Down Party. I can get a table tomorrow night at 9:20....

Philharmagically

Original Poster
You can, I just checked. It's part of the EPCOT Wind Down Party. I can get a table tomorrow night at 9:20....
But that's AFTER the fireworks. I just was interested in finding out how it works for dinner time before/during the fireworks, given that there is no ADR apart from the wind down

LAKid53

Premium Member
But that's AFTER the fireworks. I just was interested in finding out how it works for dinner time before/during the fireworks, given that there is no ADR apart from the wind down

According to a question on the Moms Panel, the restaurant is in soft opening and not taking reservations. However, that discussion was back in January, which is a long time to be in soft opening. I couldn't find anything on the Disney blog about it. Time to call Dining when they open later this morning?

aw14

We are huge fans of Rose and Crown. Great ambiance especially if you can sit out back.

We had a horrible experience at Biergarten and wouldn't go back.

zurgandfriend

Biergarten, Rose and Crown, Via Napoli are a few of our favorites, however if you walk out the back gate you have some fantastic restaurants in Shula's, Yachtsman, or Flying Fish to name a few in the Epcot resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom