Dinner at "Be Our Guest" (July 2015)

geomelin

Original Poster
Hi!

Is there a dress code for having dinner at the restaurant?
Suppose you are all day at the park wearing bermoudas and a T-shirt, would that be ok?

g

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yeah even the Signatures in the parks and out of the parks say they have one but it's not even enforced at those either. So you are fine especially since Be Our Guest is in the park and not a signature either. The only restaurant on property that actually enforces a dress code is Victoria and Albert's. :)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
No dress code, other than shirts and shoes (no pants?!). Agree with you, Sxeensweet, about dress codes at the Signatures. Was shocked that most of the guests at Narcoossee's didn't know what "business casual" meant and that staff didn't enforce it.

sxeensweet

No dress code, other than shirts and shoes (no pants?!). Agree with you, Sxeensweet, about dress codes at the Signatures. Was shocked that most of the guests at Narcoossee's didn't know what "business casual" meant and that staff didn't enforce it.
Lol! Well I guess you do have to be fully dressed and not showing any um certain body parts. Haha!
I'll admit for some signature ressies we either don't have time to change nor do I really want to sometimes after a really long day in the parks, but me and DH are guilty of not having on business casual. We will freshen up if need be but don't always completely change our attire. But we also usually always wear jeans in the parks etc and no tank tops or cut offs and such so we are okay in what we have on. Usually see people in a huge variant of attire and some a lot more casual than even we are so I always feel better. lol :)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Lol! Well I guess you do have to be fully dressed and not showing any um certain body parts. Haha!
I'll admit for some signature ressies we either don't have time to change nor do I really want to sometimes after a really long day in the parks, but me and DH are guilty of not having on business casual. We will freshen up if need be but don't always completely change our attire. But we also usually always wear jeans in the parks etc and no tank tops or cut offs and such so we are okay in what we have on. Usually see people in a huge variant of attire and some a lot more casual than even we are so I always feel better. lol :)

We noticed, while waiting for our table, guests in t-shirts (and not Disney ones, white undershirt type t-shirts), shorts (and not nice ones) and flip flops. While I think a nice restaurant means nice clothes, I don't have an issue if one doesn't necessarily have the time to "freshen up" to wearing a nice pair of jeans (no holes, poured into them skin tight, etc.) and a nice shirt, like a polo or nice Disney t. If you are going to wear a t-shirt, make sure it's a nice Disney one.

sxeensweet

We noticed, while waiting for our table, guests in t-shirts (and not Disney ones, white undershirt type t-shirts), shorts (and not nice ones) and flip flops. While I think a nice restaurant means nice clothes, I don't have an issue if one doesn't necessarily have the time to "freshen up" to wearing a nice pair of jeans (no holes, poured into them skin tight, etc.) and a nice shirt, like a polo or nice Disney t. If you are going to wear a t-shirt, make sure it's a nice Disney one.
Yep totally agree! Love my cute Disney tops or t-shirts! :) I have noticed some people on these boards are not like you and me and actually get really annoyed or upset that people don't follow the "dress code" at the signature restaurants. That I don't get. If that upsets you that much then leave the Disney bubble and go eat elsewhere that is more upscale. Lol. :)

SnarkyMonkey

Yep totally agree! Love my cute Disney tops or t-shirts! :) I have noticed some people on these boards are not like you and me and actually get really annoyed or upset that people don't follow the "dress code" at the signature restaurants. That I don't get. If that upsets you that much then leave the Disney bubble and go eat elsewhere that is more upscale. Lol. :)

Why have a dress code if no one is going to follow it?

I'm not particularly bothered one way or the other but if they go out there way to tell you there's a dress code, they must be trying to create a certain atmosphere.

ETA: I realize this has nothing to do with BOG.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom