Dining Suggestions

Disnee4Me

Original Poster
So on my birthday (December 20th) we have 8:20 a.m. breakfast reservations at the Crystal Palace, so I can get into the park early. I was thinking it would be nice to have dinner at a resort. What would any of you suggest? The only resort place we've ever eaten at was Chef Mickeys.

Weather_Lady

Just FYI, it's almost a guarantee that Disney will extend MK's hours that week (typically, 8am-11pm/1am), to accommodate the pre-Christmas crowds, just as it has for the past several years. This means the park will most likely be opening at 8:00am, vitiating the value of your breakfast reservation as a way to get into the park "early," and forcing you to squander that first precious hour after rope drop. If I were you, I'd see about switching your breakfast reservation to 10am or so, so you can squeeze in a couple of attractions before breakfast, while the crowds are still manageable.

As far as a nice dinner in the neighborhood of the Magic Kingdom, it's a bit late to find a convenient ADR for the more popular places, but I'd suggest 'Ohana at the Polynesian (or if family-style is not your style, Kona Cafe). If money is no object and you don't have small children in your party, California Grill at the Contemporary Resort would be a special experience. If you can't get reservations for any of those, you might consider Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge (a less-than-5-minute bus ride from the MK, but often overlooked by MK visitors as it's not on the monorail line).

Have a happy birthday!

Last edited:

lostpro9het

So on my birthday (December 20th) we have 8:20 a.m. breakfast reservations at the Crystal Palace, so I can get into the park early. I was thinking it would be nice to have dinner at a resort. What would any of you suggest? The only resort place we've ever eaten at was Chef Mickeys.
Are you bound to MK area resorts?
If so:
The Wave
Citricos

If not:
Sanaa
Jiko
Il Mulino
Trattoria al Forno
Yachtsman

belledream

We are huge fans of Kona Café. Might be possible to get a decent reservation time this late in the game as well. Menu has a variety of things, some are not so common, and the desserts are all drool-worthy!

DisneyFans4Life

I thoroughly enjoy 'Ohana and will recommend that. I know you said resort...but if you can get a reservation, I'd look at Cinderella's Royal Table at MK as well.

NiarrNDisney

Some of the best dining on WDW property can be found at the resorts!

I happen to like:

BlueZoo (Dolphin)
Flying Fish (BWR)
Kimonos (Swan)
Kona Café/Island (Poly)
Sanaa (AKL-KV)
the Wave (CR)
Yachtsman's Steakhouse/ Crew's Cup (YCR)

harryk

Probably fun. We are on the dining plan, and I want to make good use and probably pay OOP on Christmas Day for Tony's (LTT was not available when I made reservations).
FUN: "Whispering Canyon" at Wilderness Lodge!! (no characters though) or Hoop Dee Doo review at Ft. Wilderness. Both venues are available by boat (from Magic Kingdom) or bus.

Disnee4Me

Original Poster
FUN: "Whispering Canyon" at Wilderness Lodge!! (no characters though) or Hoop Dee Doo review at Ft. Wilderness. Both venues are available by boat (from Magic Kingdom) or bus.
Whispering Canyon sounds like a good choice. I like the idea of going by boat too.

yedliW

A couple that we just went to last week, and would recommend.. Captain's Grille (nice menu at the Yacht club), Cape May (seafood buffet at Beach Club if you don't love seafood, shellfish really, you may want to skip this. there is other stuff, but not enough to justify the cost IMO) or Trails End at Fort Wilderness, it is a very easy boat ride from MK, and it is real close to the dock. It isn't a huge buffet, but it has lots of good food.

We also ate at the Wave, but I didn't love it. It was good food, but it is loud and the service wasn't great.

JohnD

I just checked available "dinner" ADRs for two people on 12/20 at nearby MK resorts. At this late date, you won't get Ohana or California Grill. I did find:
  • Artist Point (WL)
  • Citricos (GF)
  • Kona Cafe (Poly)
  • Grand Floridian Cafe (GF)
  • The Wave of American Flavors (CR)
  • Whispering Canyon Cafe (WL)
If you're looking for signature dining, I recommend Artist Point. If price is a consideration, you can't go wrong with Kona Cafe or Grand Floridian Cafe. Can't speak to the other restaurants. Haven't been to them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom