Dining reservation system not working?

crazgurl

Original Poster
Been trying to check reservation times for October 1st all day and it keeps telling me the system is unavailable. Tried on Android ap and on web browser. Haven't tried phoning in, but wondering if these outages happen often and for how long on avg? I'm new to this system!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
MDE/website is having issues today and they are working on it. A complete outage like this is not often but glitches often happen. For me 90% of the time it works fine. :)

Last edited:

ninjaprincesst

It has been messed up since Saturday, when I went online at 6am to make my 180 plus 10 ADR it would only let me do day180 even though I was logged into MDE with a Disney resort reservation. I had to call in.

MySmallWorldof4

I called for a reservation for a recreation activity that cannot be booked online. They said their systems were being upgraded for a more "magical experience". At first I was told to call back at 10am, then noon, then tonight. I am thinking that Disney may be missing all those IT people that lost their jobs a couple of years ago.

betty rose

I called for a reservation for a recreation activity that cannot be booked online. They said their systems were being upgraded for a more "magical experience". At first I was told to call back at 10am, then noon, then tonight. I am thinking that Disney may be missing all those IT people that lost their jobs a couple of years ago.
Not really, the new Disney normal is to cut, cut, cut. If the guest suffer's so be it. They are cutting everywhere. Not just, IT people.

HouCuseChickie

I heard that all of the systems went down today, to the point that people were having problems paying in the parks. Sounds like it was a more widespread outage.

MySmallWorldof4

I spoke to the reservation agent. Even the hotel booking was down. She sounded like she had a rough day and that she had dealt with a lot of angry people. I have always had great help from the agents and the ones I have dealt with have given me the "Disney" experience. It is wrong for people to berate the reservation agents when it is clearly someone else's fault. If it occurred in the parks too then jeesh yesterday must have been awful everywhere!

MySmallWorldof4

Everything seems to be fine today. I was able to check in online with no problem. I did have to call in for recreation activity. The phone system said I had an 18 minute wait at 7:30am. I actually waited 54 minutes but once the agent got on she got my booking done within 5. So all's good.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Is it an outage or an outrage???

<Sometimes I just can't help myself!>
image.png

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Just for reference....

Next time you log into the Disney website - check out WDW's Technology Provider Logo...

HP is also the "Service Provider" for the Secretary of State, MI. They were recently sued for holding Web Code hostage, after poor performance....

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2985...ject-thats-still-not-done-after-10-years.html

Then note how HP is spinning this operation off....

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/25/b...spinoff-is-preparing-to-split-again.html?_r=0

If you thought things might be poor now? hmmmmm - let's see what happens next :)

ALL personal opinion, others may disagree, no dog in this fight, "contents may settle on shipping" :).

Attachments

• ServiceProvider.JPG
    ServiceProvider.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 24

Woodywrkr

Just for reference....

Next time you log into the Disney website - check out WDW's Technology Provider Logo...

HP is also the "Service Provider" for the Secretary of State, MI. They were recently sued for holding Web Code hostage, after poor performance....

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2985...ject-thats-still-not-done-after-10-years.html

Then note how HP is spinning this operation off....

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/25/b...spinoff-is-preparing-to-split-again.html?_r=0

If you thought things might be poor now? hmmmmm - let's see what happens next :)

ALL personal opinion, others may disagree, no dog in this fight, "contents may settle on shipping" :).

Actually, Hewlett Packard Enterprise provides hardware in the role of technology provider. Disney's internal IT operations are responsible for the websites and systems, not HPE Enterprise Services. Fun fact: the very first sale by the Hewlett Packard Company was to Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom