Dining Plan Restaraunts

fngoofy

Original Poster
I have been looking for a list of the restaraunts that participate in the Dining Plan, but can't seem to find one.

If someone could post a link to a list I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

rdour@techminds

I was also interested in a list. But more than that, what are the conditions of the meal plan? No one at the WDW reservations center could give me an absolute breakdown. Here is what I know

Table Service:

* Main course
* Appetiser
* Drink
* Desert
(all per person on the plan)

What I don't Know:

* Are there menu item restrictions?
* Can appetisers designed to feed two be ordered jointly?
* Are drinks refillable?

Counter service:

* Main course
* Side like fries or fruit
* Drink
* Desert (?)

Questions:

* What are menu item restrictions for this type of restaurant?

Snack:

* Snack?

Questions:

* What is a "snack?"

Prediction: possibly a single drink, but of what size? Possibly a side of fries, but is cheese extra?

This whole thing is really confusing. I think this deserves its own column on the right side of the main WDW page. I'd love to see some honest reviews on this dining plan. I had a dining plan in college, and when I broke down the cost, it turned out to be quite the ripoff. I'd like to think that my upcoming Disney trip isn't going to be a ripoff.

Reassure me and make me happy :)

Thanks,
Ryan Dour

jchriscandy

Here is a link to the restaurant list.

http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw/images2003/languagespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/DiningLocations.pdf

As far as how good the dining plan is, there are probably several different threads with the opinions of others. Mine is that for the three of us the meal plan was great. We got to try all different kinds of places that we probably wouldn't have otherwise. There was no restrictions on menu items. There are a couple of places that did have some type of restrictions but we didn't go to them. We would not go back without having the dining plan.

wannabeBelle

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
And Ryan here is some responses to your questions:
I was also interested in a list. But more than that, what are the conditions of the meal plan? No one at the WDW reservations center could give me an absolute breakdown. Here is what I know

Table Service:

* Main course
* Appetiser
* Drink
* Desert
(all per person on the plan)

What I don't Know:

* Are there menu item restrictions? No Anything on the menu is fair game except alcohol
* Can appetisers designed to feed two be ordered jointly? We didnt try this, but the allowed us to do this with a dessert for two at Le Cellier
* Are drinks refillable? All table service locations have reillable soft drinks soda, iced tea etc

Counter service:

* Main course
* Side like fries or fruit
* Drink
* Desert (?)

Questions:

* What are menu item restrictions for this type of restaurant? None that I am aware of

Snack:

* Snack?

Questions:

* What is a "snack?"

Prediction: possibly a single drink, but of what size? Possibly a side of fries, but is cheese extra? Small popcorn, ice cream bar ( Itzkadoodle, mickey bars, etc not a scoop type of thing) 20 oz soda, large water I dont believe fries would be allowed. Other exceptions definitely are a turkey leg and a dole whip. The best thing to do is ask the CM's at the location as snack offerings vary widely based on where you are at.

This whole thing is really confusing. I think this deserves its own column on the right side of the main WDW page. I'd love to see some honest reviews on this dining plan. I had a dining plan in college, and when I broke down the cost, it turned out to be quite the ripoff. I'd like to think that my upcoming Disney trip isn't going to be a ripoff. I did the dining plan in the middle of October and we saved quite a bit of money.
Have a great time!!!!!! Belle

AshAlytwins

A friend of mine told me that there is a dining plan for around $30 that you could get per person per day??
Any info. on that one???

DisneyBunny

There is a very in-depth breakdown of the dining plan on the Unofficial Guide's Website. It shows you how you could benefit from one, or, depending on how you order, lose money on one. It's long, but makes for a good read. Another good, but long, read, (if i do say so myself :animwink: ) is my trip report. We used the plan recently, and I tried to break down how we used it, in detail. For example, we were allowed to split the multi-person appetizers, but I wasn't allowed to get an Orangina to drink in Le Chefs de France. etc...

Hope this helps! :wave:

wannabeBelle

AshAlytwins said:
A friend of mine told me that there is a dining plan for around $30 that you could get per person per day??
Any info. on that one???
This would be the one we are discussing. The correct name for it is the Magic Your Way Plus Dining plan. For 2005 packages it is $35.00 a night per person for the length of your stay. For 2006 is will be $38.00. As the name implies this plan can only be added onto a Magicc Your Way package including a resort stay on Disney property and Magic Your Way tickets for the parks. The Dining plan will be made to match the number of nights you have for the resort, regardless of the number of days chosen for your park tickets. Belle

LaughingGravy

My break down of the DDP

Snacks: Ice Cream/Chips/Soft drinks from all locations where little purple DP icon is listed.
Mickey Premium Bars rule. Toll House Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches are my close second. If you like the Nestle Drumstick cones, the ones they offer in the parks are huge compared to the usual size in the supermarket packs and are great, but not offered as often as the others. If you see one, get it.

If you will be there during the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, you really luck out because their appetizer size side dishes at the kiosks around World Showcase can also be used. That's a lot of interesting food you might not try otherwise.
I've heard that you can go into the bakeries and get out of the ordinary snacks there,too, but we were so happy with the Mickey Premium bars, Cookie Sandwiches, fruit bars, and Ice pops, we were pretty much set. We did use some snack allowances for some large bottles of water to share. Always ask for the large bottle of water! Silly not to. In the Florida heat, you'll drink it.
Mickey Premium bars must be eaten quickly. They melt fast. I somehow managed. :p

Counter Service: Look at the menu before you go up to order. Have an idea what you would like. Don't promise the kids anything based on what you see on the menu. Go up to order and tell the order taker you are on the dining plan and ask what is included. It varies from place to place and may change day to day. Then and only then, ask the kids what they would like.

If applicable, always ask first what is available for the kids meals as it is not always obvious.
For example, At Casey's on Main St, Large Milks were included for the kids meals with choice of plain or Chocolate. Not the case at Pecos Bills in Frontierland. I think I could only get large plain milk with an adult meal. Go figure.
Pizzafari at AK: No childrens meal that includes Pizza at a place called Pizzafari. I ended up taking the kids meal and gave one of our kids my Pizza, which we split anyway.

If interested and you have kids on the DDP, PM me for a dining tip for counter service in general I'd rather not broadcast.

China pavilion: Only two choices for kids meals our kids didn't like and a fairly large variety for the adult meals.

The Land at Epcot: Confusing choices, desserts not obvious, and often dishes prepared did not match the photos up top. Take a good look at the actual food and ask for details at the serving stations.
There is a great pre-packaged peanut butter mousse and brownie in a bowl, but you might have to look for it. The servers at the stations knew nothing about dessert, but the cashiers did, meaning we had to jump out of line to go hunt down dessert.

Table Service: Again, first thing always ask before ordering.
At LeCellier we were pleasantly surprised in that the kids could each pick an adult entree and dessert, but still had to pick their main meal from the children's menu. As adults, we ended up eating their appetizers in addition to our own, happy gluttons on vacation that we were. The kids were still stuffed from lunch and had no interest in the appetizer choices, so we picked what we liked.
At Chef Mickeys, we had unlimited refills on the soft drinks (the case at every table service for us)but also each(adults and kids) had a choice of a special drink like a shake or smoothie in addition, but no refills on the special drink.

In summary, always ask before ordering. There is so much food to be had. I'd really be surprised if you need more food than you'll eat on the DDP. For the extra $35 per person per day or whatever it is , it easily pays for itself in one table service per day, plus you get lunch with dessert and a snack besides.
We ended up saving many of our snacks until toward the end and using two table services on one day. To save time and see more of the parks, try using 1/2 the counter services in your party for one meal and just share. You'll eat in 1/2 the time and still be satisfied with enough energy to keep going and not want to take a nap:lol:. We did that a few times and it was great. There was never a shortage of food.
DDP is the best thing going.:sohappy: and really helped to make the vacation something special without having to worry about how much to spend on a meal. What a difference that made. If you told me in advance the peace of mind offered because of it, I wouldn't have believed it.

Refillable mugs purchased at the resorts are great for the early AM and for the PM when you get back on the way back to the room, if you think to bring them to the park. They are lightweight so if you have a backpack you're bringing to the park, pop it in.

POP century tip. Everything POP gets very crowded by 7:30 for breakfast. All the stations are not open when the place first opens up. Since I was the early riser, I brought everyones breakfast back to the room and then woke them up at 7AM. As a result, we were at the first bus every day, while we would have been waiting in line otherwise.

AshAlytwins

I already booked my room, but not my tickets, but not a Magic your way package..so am out of luck to do the Dining Plan??? Or could I change to a magic your way package??

wannabeBelle

AshAlytwins said:
I already booked my room, but not my tickets, but not a Magic your way package..so am out of luck to do the Dining Plan??? Or could I change to a magic your way package??
That really does depend. Were you planning on buying tickets anyway? Do you have an Annual Pass? Belle

AshAlytwins

No tickets...no annual pass....booked room at Pop Century can I switch to a magic your way program??? Planning to buy tickets...but thinking of the 10-day to save money...if you are experienced, what is your advice??

wannabeBelle

AshAlytwins said:
No tickets...no annual pass....booked room at Pop Century can I switch to a magic your way program??? Planning to buy tickets...but thinking of the 10-day to save money...if you are experienced, what is your advice??
Experienced doesnt begin to cover it actually!!! I have done multiple visits a year to Disney in the last 5 years or so. I have started working with Pam of Kingdom Konsultants as one of her Konsultants, which is very exciting for me.
Some of the following questions you may not want to answer here in a public forum so feel free to send me an PM or an E mail at Marie@KingdomKonsultants
When are you going?
How long do you plan on staying at the resort?
Do you plan on taking another trip within 12 months of this one?
Belle

Fran98765

AshAlytwins said:

If you plan to visit WDW again, it is a great idea to get the 10 day passes (don't forget the No-Expiration option!), which is what we did on our last trip. By getting passes and staying at Pop, you would then be getting a MYW package, to which you can add the dining plan to it. You do have to purchase the passes in advance with the room to have it be a package.

I would suggest doing some reading on the plan, and realistically evaluate how your family orders and eats at restaurants. Only after doing the comparisons (which are easy to do with allearsnet.com's menus), then decide if adding the dining plan is worthwhile to you.

wannabeBelle

AshAlytwins said:
Thanks..my question is-Can I still make my room and tickets the package if I already have the room, but not the tickets???
Absolutely you can. You can also choose a number of nights on your tickets that if different from the number of nights that you are staying. Just be careful with the no expiration feature as this can get pretty pricey. The cost is based on the number of days on your ticket and for a 10 day no expire is just about $100 dollars more than the price of the base ticket!!! I do recommend the hopper feature though. I think that is certainly a worthwhile option. Belle

tracyandalex

i think you can call and change your plans, but work with pam & now marie(congrats) they are doing a great job with our honeymoon!!

Question: has anyone used the plan with mostly table service. like 2 per day. is it worth it or should we just get the DDE?

thanks

tracy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom