Dining Plan Question

Jae99

Original Poster
Just a quick question!

Is it possible to share meals while using the DP?

Can 6 people go to a restaurant and have 2 people only get one entree and dessert and share. Saving a credit?

I realize this sounds crazy, but my parents who are paying for the trip are convinced that the dining plan is the only way to go. I have been trying to give them different options but seem to be unmovable on using the DP.

Thanks for the help!

gooftroop5

At quick service you can do whatever you want. We have ordered 3-4 meals for 5 to share many times.

At a buffet or family style restaurant you are charged per person. So, when 5 of us have a ressie we get charged 5 credits.

I honestly have no clue about ordering off the menu, but I don't think "sharing" is allowed on the DP.

So.....honestly......the DP is way too much food and always costs us more. We only get it if it is free or if we are using our APs for the 3rd or 4th trip (don't have to purchase tickets so why not spring for the DP). What we tend to do is just look at the menus before we go and decide on an average cost per person. Then I purchase a Disney gift card that we use exclusively for food while at WDW. I know some people like using the DP because your food is then prepaid, but getting a gift card does the same thing. I also don't like having to follow the restrictions of the DP....some things are included and some are not depending where you go. Plus with kids it gives us more freedom if we are not as hungry or don't want to have to schedule every single meal. There have been times when we are have leftover credits and feel like we HAVE to use them because they are already paid for.

Just some food for thought.......

me_stitch

Premium Member
depends if there are room discounts and how long you are staying too. sometimes the room discounts save you the most money and then you can just splurge at a couple nice restaurants. I've used the DP twice now and I love it.

Jae99

Original Poster
At quick service you can do whatever you want. We have ordered 3-4 meals for 5 to share many times.

At a buffet or family style restaurant you are charged per person. So, when 5 of us have a ressie we get charged 5 credits.

I honestly have no clue about ordering off the menu, but I don't think "sharing" is allowed on the DP.

So.....honestly......the DP is way too much food and always costs us more. We only get it if it is free or if we are using our APs for the 3rd or 4th trip (don't have to purchase tickets so why not spring for the DP). What we tend to do is just look at the menus before we go and decide on an average cost per person. Then I purchase a Disney gift card that we use exclusively for food while at WDW. I know some people like using the DP because your food is then prepaid, but getting a gift card does the same thing. I also don't like having to follow the restrictions of the DP....some things are included and some are not depending where you go. Plus with kids it gives us more freedom if we are not as hungry or don't want to have to schedule every single meal. There have been times when we are have leftover credits and feel like we HAVE to use them because they are already paid for.

Just some food for thought.......
Thanks for the reply. My brain is definitely hurting tonight trying to figure out the best plan of attack. I have booked Hoop-dee-doo and Cinderellas Royal Table as well as a NYE Fantasia buffet, so it seems the DP just isn't the way to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom