Buffets now $60!!??

glvsav37

Original Poster
DOUBLE EDIT: Character Buffets changed to $60 today on the WDW Website. Discussion starting at page 6

EDIT: Looking like a web site glitch...just called ANOTHER CM and they said it must be a mistake b/c they did not hear about it. However, I'm still keeping my eye on it.

this can be moved to the dining area if more appropriate, but this section seems to have the most people in the know

Was just looking at our ADRs and noticed that Tusker House lunch and dinner was now 2 credits. We called and the CM said that most character dining was changing to 2 credits. It didn't effect us bc we only have breakfast, but my in laws have dinner ADRs there.

They called and the CM said the same info however they are not effected bc they booked bf the change.

We poked around and TH right now is the only character meal that is 2 credits.

1) this is pretty fudged up if they are changing it up on people
2) if true and all character meals go 2 credit, then that makes basic character way over priced.
3) is this another cost cutting, price gouging maneuver?

I'm hoping this is just a mistake.

Last edited:

majortom1981

this can be moved to the dining area if more appropriate, but this section seems to have the most people in the know

Was just looking at our ADRs and noticed that Tusker House lunch and dinner was now 2 credits. We called and the CM said that most character dining was changing to 2 credits. It didn't effect us bc we only have breakfast, but my in laws have dinner ADRs there.

They called and the CM said the same info however they are not effected bc they booked bf the change.

2) if true and all character meals go 2 credit, then that makes basic character way over priced.

I think it may be more trying to balance the amount of people out. They probably have too many people doing it with the dining plan so they made it 2 credits.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Geez the cash grab just marches on, It's pretty obvious that this is intended to force people to the Deluxe Dining plan where you get 3 TS credits per day.

Color me UTTERLY disgusted Paging @WDW1974 Yo Spirit what do you think of this rumored new cash grab

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I hope this is a mistake. If true and they are going to grandfather those who already made ADRs, then I'm okay with it for this trip. Going forward, I believe this will hurt them financially. I will no longer be purchasing the dining plan if this takes affect.

I gave up on the dining plan long ago when it became obvious TIW was better for dining style. Now have pretty much given up on eating onsite. As most TS restaurants you now feel rushed and a couple of times I've gotten the check before the main course

This makes me sad because Dining at Disney used to be one of the things that made WDW special. Now is herd the people in and once seated rush them

DanaG

I am slightly confused- I have a trip in September and I have lots of character meals booked with the dxddp.
Are they going to notify people? I would assume I would be grandfathered in but I will be ANGRY if I am not. It's already way overpriced. Has this been confirmed?

glvsav37

Original Poster
I am slightly confused- I have a trip in September and I have lots of character meals booked with the dxddp.
Are they going to notify people? I would assume I would be grandfathered in but I will be ANGRY if I am not. It's already way overpriced. Has this been confirmed?

Can just said it was a web site glitch. Hopefully true.

Imagineerwannabe

I wouldn't be bothering using two credits on dining plan for any of the character dining.
Surely better value to just pay cash for that and use the credits for signature dining instead...

I thought that the online lists for the table service restaurants just hadn't yet been updated for the 2017 dining plan credits and so didn't list the regular DDP against them

AEfx

I always assumed character dining would be 2 credits.

Yeah, I've noticed they have rolled back some 2-credits back to 1-credit. Looks like they are now reversing the trend. I presume it has to do with a disproportionate amount of folks migrating there because it's the best bang for your credit, much like happened to Le Cellier.

Ah, I do remember the good all days where everything but true Dinner Shows were 1cr...and even they really weren't worth two, since they were like $45 back then, considering those two credits could be used for two meals at places like CRT and Brown Derby.

Imagineerwannabe

Seriously they should anticipate some considerable reduction in numbers going to dining or even using the dining plan if they suddenly change nearly all character dining to two credits...
I couldn't see ever paying for the dining plan as worthwhile for the character dining and especially if they leave the cash prices for those restaurants where they are..

Just my opinion really, but most of the character dining food (not all) isn't worth the money anyway...

Dan Gilchrist

We use Deluxe DDP every time we go and this news has really made me angry. 2 TS credits for character meals is ridiculous.

So that works out as 1 TS credit for the privilege of meeting characters(that you spend a couple of minutes with, at most) and then 1 TS credit for mediocre food. The only things that warrant CRT being 2 TS credits is that the kids get a free wand and photo. How can Disney then justify a plain character dining experience be the same amount of credits as CRT? What? Hike up the amount of credits needed for CRT or remove the free goodies.

Looking at the WDW website for 2016 it looks like ARBH & TH are both 2 TS credits for lunch & dinner. Breakfast remains 1 TS credit. Is this any different? I can't recall it myself as we've only done character breakfast ADRs in the past, not lunch or dinner. All others remain at 1 TS credit.

I truly hope this is not the beginning of a future credit increase. I will not be getting the DP anymore if that is the case as it severely decreases the value of the DP.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom