Dining Plan Blues for a 10 yr old.

HRHPrincessAriel

If you are going for 2 weeks, you might consider having one person getting an AP, then purchase the TiW card. If you plan a lot of TS meals, it might save you quite a bit, and then you can eat what yu want, instead of having to worry about getting the most expensive item on the menu to make it "worth" the cost. Just a thought.
We went for 8 days and did this. It was much cheaper.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Old thread, I'm sorry about necoring it, but I'm now in this very situation. My daughters will be 10 years old and by Disney's logic they are adults even though they still eat kids. I could make the dinning plan work if they were still on the kids meal plan but no matter what i do, I'm spending 300 to 500 dollar more with the meal plan. Here's but on example where I'm spending 400 dollars more If I opt for the meal plan.

wdw_meal_plan.jpg

Disvillain63

Not that I have children, but I since I read this it has me wondering: How does Disney know your child is over the age of 10? I mean... :lookaroun ...couldn't you just say your child is 9 and get away with it?

This brings back memories of my mom asking me to lie about my age as a child so we could get a discount when available :lol:
If you have been to Disney before, then they more than likely have your child's name and age. When my DD turned 18, she started receiving her own mail from WDW.

We don't have kids but my husband says I eat like a year old. I am a very picky eater but making our dining selections,I have found that many places have more simple (but tasty looking) offerings. For example, 2 of our dining reservations are at Ohana (Dinner) and Whispering Canyon Cafe. Both have basics like meat, veggies, and starches...but its not just eating your typical chicken nuggets/hamburgers. We are also eating at Sci-Fi Drive in which would probably be a huge hit with kids because its burgers and milkshakes count as beverages. Maybe not "fine dining" but we hear its quite a neat experience! We are eating at Be Our Guest which menu is a bit out of my comfort zone but I love beauty and the beast so we'll see.. maybe I can order off the kids menu LOL. Overall, I don't think it will be hard to find options for him, however, not sure its the most wallet friendly option.. I am not sure the price difference in adult/child dining and we got free dining for our trip so even though I am picky, it'sa good value!

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I am not sure the price difference in adult/child dining and we got free dining for our trip so even though I am picky, it'sa good value!
9 days stay the numbers are as follows.
Quick Service dining plan:
4 "adults" $1,371
2 adults 2 children 965

Regular dining plan
4 adults: 1979
2 adults 2 children: 1,325

The regular dinning plan is 654 dollars more and since my kids age 10, really don't eat much more then what the kids meals have to offer, I'd rather not throw 654 dollars away. Even the QS is 406 more and that's just ludicrous imo.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
4 "adults" $1,371
2 adults 2 children 965

Regular dining plan

The regular dinning plan is 654 dollars more and since my kids age 10, really don't eat much more then what the kids meals have to offer, I'd rather not throw 654 dollars away. Even the QS is 406 more and that's just ludicrous imo.
Yeah, it's not really a value. It's just the two of us in my group, but my Kiddo is now an "adult".

She'll enjoy the dessert and extra entree options, but I plan to really pig out on her appetizers! (I got deluxe)

Her Uncle was 10 when we took him back in 2011, and he loved having all the choices. That said...it was a TON of food (3 adults, 1 child on DLX).

4 "adults" $1,371
2 adults 2 children 965

Regular dining plan

Yikes, yes thats a huge difference and really crazy. They should have some sort of inbetween option for older kids/young adults.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Yikes, yes thats a huge difference and really crazy. They should have some sort of inbetween option for older kids/young adults.
I know, but they don't just look at when this thread was started, years ago and they've not really addressed the issue. Its not like Disney isn't going to get my money anyways. Seems kind of greedy on their part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom