Dining Plan and Cast Member discounts

wagnerdanp

Hello all,

My family has a friend that works at WDW and she said that she will book us with a cast member discount on the room and I believe 10% off on the tickets. We had asked her to also book the Dining Plan but she just told us that she could not do this. So, my question is can she book the dining plan or is it something with Disney that will not let her book the plan? I would think that Disney would want and let anyone book the Dining Plan.

Thank you all,
Dan

Lindsy1052

The dining plan is not available to cast members as they are only paying 50% for the room. Cast members cannot book packages at a discount. Sorry.........

Upvote 0

raven

Cast member discounts are for room only reservations.

The Dining plan can only be added to a package reservation.

This also applies for AP discounts. We weren't able to use our AP discount on the room if we wanted the Dining Plan. I guess it's just a way for them to not loose too much money.

Upvote 0

wagnerdanp

Original Poster
Thank you for responding. I guess I would like to attempt to try to take advantage of the Cast Member discount and the Dining Plan. So I have a few ideas.
Idea 1.) I could booked the Cast Member discount and our tickets now and when we arrive add the Dining Plan. Is this possible?
Idea 2.) Would it be cheaper to book the Cast Member discount for room and ticket and then buy food on property or Just purchase a MYW with Dining plan package?
Idea 3.) What's your idea?

Thanks again,
Dan

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Idea 1.) I could booked the Cast Member discount and our tickets now and when we arrive add the Dining Plan. Is this possible?

No it is NOT possible. You are trying to add a package option to a room only reservation - they cannot be combined. The dining plan is an optional component of the Magic Your Way package; cast member discounts cannot be applied to a Magic Your Way package.

Idea 2.) Would it be cheaper to book the Cast Member discount for room and ticket and then buy food on property or Just purchase a MYW with Dining plan package?

It depends on 2 things:

- how much the cast member discount saves you
- your eating habits

You need to do the math on Idea 2 to see if it would work for you - look at menus and pricing to see what you plan on eating.

-Joe

Upvote 0

Lindsy1052

Sorry, you idea will not work. The dining plan cannot be added by the resort. It has to be booked prior to arrival as a package. There is just no way for you to beat the system here....give up...

Upvote 0

Lindsy1052

Bear in mind each cm gets I think it's 5 times a year that they can book at a cm discount. Since this is a friend of a friend, I'd make sure they are really going to do it for you. Most of us have enough of our own family members and friends that we really can't do it beyond our own immediate group when it comes to handing out resort discounted rooms. If they do it for you, consider yourself lucky and please, please do not make waves about getting something your really not entitled once you have the discount, or believe me the it will come down on the cm. We pay the price if any of our guests are rude or demanding in any way.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom