Dining bucket list?

matt9112

Original Poster
Thought of a neat idea. As I now live down here I have much more time to try all the great eats and the...not so great eats at WDW and was thinking a community sourced BEST food list would be cool. Most lists and discussion I see revolve around entire venues and I don't wish to do that. I wish to pick out the best food across the board....from basic quick serve and snacks to the high end entrees.

I will start with a couple and maybe later start some categories.

Bangers and mash - rose and crown dining room. Used to be larger portions and had cranberry but even smaller and lacking the sauce it is still amazingly good (to me)

The mickey ice cream bar- all over property.....lets be real who hasn't enjoyed one?

s&k'smom

Mickey bars daily when we are there. Best quick service in our family is a toss up between China (daughter's favorite orange chicken) and mine Morocco (sampler plate). As for table PTC is the all around family favorite as we have the onion rings and chocolate shake to start!

Schneewittchen

Some items to consider:

Chicken Bastilla @ Restaurant Marrakesh
Coctel de Camaron @ San Angel Inn
Kjøttkake @ Akershus
Churros @ Pecos Bill's and La Cantina de San Angel
Waffle Sandwich @ Sleepy Hollow
Fried Chicken @ the Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Dole Whip @ Pineapple Lanai or Aloha Isle
Charcuterie @ Artist Point

Otterhead

• Dole Whip float (MK) and the Dole Whip with rum (AK)
• Steak & fish combo from Rose & Crown Pub. With mushy peas. So good.
• General Tso's Chicken from Nine Dragons (it's not like any Tso's I've seen anywhere else)
• The bread service and the chocolate souffle from Victoria & Alberts
• Waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow
• Coconut curry chicken soup and bobotie at Boma
• Ribs at Flame Tree BBQ

danyoung56

Every trip needs a visit to the Flame Tree BBQ. And I always get the ribs. I'm not a big rib-eater, but these are really tasty, and there's just something cool about eating them while looking across the water at Expedition:Everest.

matt9112

Original Poster
Some items to consider:

Chicken Bastilla @ Restaurant Marrakesh
Coctel de Camaron @ San Angel Inn
Kjøttkake @ Akershus
Churros @ Pecos Bill's and La Cantina de San Angel
Waffle Sandwich @ Sleepy Hollow
Fried Chicken @ the Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Dole Whip @ Pineapple Lanai or Aloha Isle
Charcuterie @ Artist Point

I had the kjottkake myself! Amazing really.

matt9112

Original Poster
Every trip needs a visit to the Flame Tree BBQ. And I always get the ribs. I'm not a big rib-eater, but these are really tasty, and there's just something cool about eating them while looking across the water at Expedition:Everest.

The pork sandwich is also very tasty. For QS

Phonedave

Tastes are going to be different all over the place. I eat most anything, but as for what I call a "mast have", that is going to be different for a lot of people. Bangers and mash do nothing for me, and mushy peas, ugh. I also dont think Dole Whips are so all fired great, and Mickey Ice Cream bars are way too artificial and "creamy" (not becuase they have cream in them, but becuse of all the other stuff they add) - not to mention how much saturated fat is in them.

So, agree or disagree, these are some of the things I like at WDW

Dover Sole at Victoria & Albers - yes, not always on the menu either, but this stands out as one of the best peices of fish I have ever had
Copper River Salmon at Atrist Point - Only available for a short amount of time each year when in season
Duck leg confit at Chefs de France - yeah, not the most healthy thing in the world
If they ever serve bobotie at Food and Wine, thats a good one (It's over in the African area)
I have a thing for 'honey' roasted nuts (reminds me of Manhattan) and sometimes they have them at a cart by The Land
I happen to like "The Worlds Best" at Norway - if they still serve it

-dave

Phonedave

NYwdwfan

Allears.net has recipes for MANY Disney favorites including Food & Wine: http://allears.net/din/rec.htm

@CaptainAmerica - I'm not the best cook and couldn't make half the recipes listed with any degree of success but I did make the cornbread once and it was pretty darn close!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 T. baking powder
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
2 eggs

Method of Preparation:
1. Blend flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder and sugar in a mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, blend milk, eggs, and oil with a mixer.
3. Using that same mixer, slowly add the blended liquid to the dry ingredients prepared in step 1, mixing just enough to incorporate the wet and dry ingredients.
4. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with nonstick food spray and pour the batter into the pan, spreading evenly.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes. or until golden brown.
6. Allow to cool.

matt9112

Original Poster
Almost forgot the baby back ribs at Morimoto Street Food in Disney Springs. I went back and had them three times on my recent visit.

Those sound good I will have to look out for them.

The three little pigs sampler at wolf's is good too...portion size stinks but taste is great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom