Digital Scrapbooking...

Kristi Kay

Original Poster
I'm hearing a lot of talk about this digital scrapbooking....Who all here is doing that? How is it working out for you etc etc. I've never done it, nor do I know much at all about it, but I'm really fond of the hands on scrapbooking. I might want to give the Digital Scrapbooking a shot though, if other ppl are enjoying it.

k.hunter30

I haven't tried it. But I guess I'm a bit like you. I like the physical act of putting together a scrapbook page - it's more crafty I think. Thought the digital pages look SO nice when they're put together!

Aurora_25

I've done small digital ones for Christmas presents for my mom after trips to Disney that she and I would take with the kids. They turn out really nice and it's alot less time for me than hands on scrapbooking (I'm very behind on that.....) with two kids, I just don't have the time I wish I did to scrapbook.
Anyway, the digital stuff is nice, but in my opinion not as satisfying as doing it yourself :)

eagles

i think there are pros and cons to both. while i love hands on scrapbooking, it takes up so much space (at least for me) and if i can't finish at one sitting, which is never, then i have to clear it all away, with kids and animals around, i just can't keep my stuff out. what a pain it is to set it all up and then put it all away. it can also get very expensive, as i am the kind of gal the must have everything, and believe our bank account, i am working on it! LOL

digital is so much easier, all i have to do is turn the computer on, and off as needed. i think it can be cheaper also, as i already had a computer.

If you Google "digital scrapbooking layouts" a lot of sites come up. Also, a lot of layouts that you create with paper and stuff can be converted into digital layouts, if you know how to use the tools in Photoshop to manipulate the graphics a certain way.

jesserin

My problem with regular scrapbooking is the amount of space it takes up - and with a toddler in the house - that really limits my time and space to do hands on scrapbooking.

I like the idea of doing a digital scrapbook b/c then while she's napping I can get right to work on it - instead of taking 20 mintues to get everything out - and then 20 minutes to clean it all up again...

I'd love to hear more from those of you who've done it. I'd really like to start one soon - I just have no idea how or where to go to start it.

Dumb Question: After you have the pages done, where do you go to print it out? Can you order it in book form online? Or do you have to print out each page and put it in a scrapbook?

I've seen table top hard bound digital scrap books that look amazing... I just have no clue where to go to do that, and if I have to put it all together on one site... or upload them to the site and order the book online...

Any tips?

My problem with regular scrapbooking is the amount of space it takes up - and with a toddler in the house - that really limits my time and space to do hands on scrapbooking.

I like the idea of doing a digital scrapbook b/c then while she's napping I can get right to work on it - instead of taking 20 mintues to get everything out - and then 20 minutes to clean it all up again...

I'd love to hear more from those of you who've done it. I'd really like to start one soon - I just have no idea how or where to go to start it.

Dumb Question: After you have the pages done, where do you go to print it out? Can you order it in book form online? Or do you have to print out each page and put it in a scrapbook?

I've seen table top hard bound digital scrap books that look amazing... I just have no clue where to go to do that, and if I have to put it all together on one site... or upload them to the site and order the book online...

Any tips?

I'm in the same boat Jess. I would like to try a digital scrapbook. When we moved I left all the supplies at my moms house, so I either attempt some pages when I go home or go buy all new supplies:rolleyes:

I'm not really familiar with photoshop so I can use all the help I can get!:)

jesserin

I bet there's a program I could buy that would simplify all this. :lol: I'll have to look around online... I'd love to have something I could just pick pages out of and put my pictures and journaling in and *tah dah* :lol:

(Is that asking too much? ;))

Aurora_25

I've done my digital scrapbooks from Shutterful. They had tons of layouts to chose from and I just inserted my photos- so really, I didn't come up with everything like some of the others are doing with photoshop and everything, but once I was done, Shutterfly printed it out and bound it and mailed it to me. It depends on what you want and how elaborate you want to be as to how much it would cost- but I have 2 kids at home a 8 year old and a 3 year old who both want to get into all my scrapbook stuff so it's nice to have the shutterfly stuff sometimes :)

jesserin

I've done my digital scrapbooks from Shutterful. They had tons of layouts to chose from and I just inserted my photos- so really, I didn't come up with everything like some of the others are doing with photoshop and everything, but once I was done, Shutterfly printed it out and bound it and mailed it to me. It depends on what you want and how elaborate you want to be as to how much it would cost- but I have 2 kids at home a 8 year old and a 3 year old who both want to get into all my scrapbook stuff so it's nice to have the shutterfly stuff sometimes :)

That's great! Thank you! :sohappy: I'll definately check them out!!!

Aurora_25

That's great! Thank you! :sohappy: I'll definately check them out!!!
No problem. I have done several books for my mom as Christmas presents and stuff- I did spiral bound ones for her and they are small- she loved them because she could tote them in her purse and show them off to people (one of them was of pictures taken during a trip she and I went on with my kids- very special) They do spriral bound, the hard cover kind and lots of different options, just depends on how much you want to spend. And once you get your order in it takes maybe a week to have them get it done and mail it to you. They are great :)

Disneyfalcon

I have an album like I think Aurora is talking about from Kodak. I uploaded my favorite pictures and made them into a hardbound book. It's a great album.

Disney Photopass will also do one with all the pictures from your trip. I heard they are very nice.:)

I'm going to take a digital scrapbooking class in June. I'll let you know how it goes!

Gagesmom314

Here are a few digital scrapbook pages that I did awhile back. They are not Disney related but they are a start. I am hoping that once we get back from our trip I will be able to do some Disney Digital pages.

Gagebirthday.jpg

BestBuddies.jpg

Youarethereason.jpg

Halloween.jpg

These are two of my first attempts at digital scrapbooking.

I have been using photoshop cs to make these pages. The blank coloured boxes are being reserved for pictures from my trip in Summer :)

Like to know what you guys think...

EpcotLayoutPrototype.jpg

TestTrackPrototype.jpg

Any feedback you guys have would help me!!

I don't think they really look like scrapbook pages at the moment!!

diddy_mouse

Ok...this is a really cool idea that I can't believe I haven't heard of! I might have to look into the whole digital thing. We have an excellent scanner if I wanted to scan in items I saved form the parks to use on the pages. Hmm...this might be a project for me :)

Thanx for the great ideas and you guys have some really nice pages! :wave:

Disneyfalcon

I was reading through my latest scrapbooking magazine and I there's a long article on digital scrapbooking. It lists three sites that offer free digital scrapbook sources. I haven't been, I have no idea if they're any good. I just thought I'd share!:)

oscraps.com
thedigichick.com
shabbyprincess.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom