Different MOP for same party?

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
It's been 2 years since I've been to WDW. There are 3 of us on our reservation package but we need 2 magic bands MOP (Method of Payment/CC on file) to be for 1 card, and 1 magic band to be a different card. How do I set that up? Do I have to do it at the front desk?

MickeyMomV

Keep in mind that you don't actually link a credit card to the magic band. All the magic band does is link the purchase to your room account and the purchase is then charged to your room and you pay the room charges with the credit card. So I would go down the day before you check out and separate the charges and let them know what totals you want charged on what card. Or just use the card to make the purchase at the point of sale. Now if you are planning on making any large purchases then you will want to visit the front desk a little more often as the resorts do have charging limits based on their resort level. If you are at your limit they will charge your card a little early to make sure the funds are available.

Rob562

Yes, you can set up different credit/debit cards for different people. We do it on every trip. It has to be done in-person at the front desk, and only takes a couple minutes per person. Then everyone has their own account, own spending limit, own PIN and everything goes to their card.

I'd also suggest you DON'T set up any charging if you do online check-in. That way the CM at the desk has a "clean slate" to work with.

-Rob

tor29c

Good Morning, Rob! Can you please explain what you mean by a "clean slate" ? I was going to do on-line check-in. Trip is already paid in full so shouldn't I be starting with a clean slate anyway? Thanks!

Rob562

Good Morning, Rob! Can you please explain what you mean by a "clean slate" ? I was going to do on-line check-in. Trip is already paid in full so shouldn't I be starting with a clean slate anyway? Thanks!

I was talking specifically about room charging, not about the payment of the room/package.

If you add payment through online check-in, I believe it links it to ALL guests in the room. It's just easier to start fresh and say "this credit card is for this person, this credit card is for these two people..." rather than having the CM remove people from an account that was set up during online check-in and then substituting another card.

-Rob

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Yes, you can set up different credit/debit cards for different people. We do it on every trip. It has to be done in-person at the front desk, and only takes a couple minutes per person. Then everyone has their own account, own spending limit, own PIN and everything goes to their card.

I'd also suggest you DON'T set up any charging if you do online check-in. That way the CM at the desk has a "clean slate" to work with.

-Rob

thank you. I'm going to modify my online check-ins right now (we have 3 different check-ins)

tor29c

I was talking specifically about room charging, not about the payment of the room/package.

If you add payment through online check-in, I believe it links it to ALL guests in the room. It's just easier to start fresh and say "this credit card is for this person, this credit card is for these two people..." rather than having the CM remove people from an account that was set up during online check-in and then substituting another card.

-Rob
Thank you for the explanation! That makes sene now!

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

-Rob
...and it won't let me change my online check-in because I've already done it. I hate calling - I wonder if I can chat them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom