Did the hotels stop giving out toothbrushes for free?

LittleBuford

I think they are for like emergencies such as, I have a big interview and want to make sure they are looking good, let me duck into the bathroom with my single use toothbrush. If I recall you wouldn't want to do too much brushing with them
Are they the ones for sale in public-toilet vending machines? It’s weird to me that someone would bring a couple of those rather than a regular reusable toothbrush.

nickys

Premium Member
Are they the ones for sale in public-toilet vending machines? It’s weird to me that someone would bring a couple of those rather than a regular reusable toothbrush.
So when I did some travelling in my (even) younger years, I took a couple of “travel” toothbrushes. The advantage is that you can click the lid on and not get everything in your wash bag wet.

Now I have a “wet” and a “dry” wash bag (and don’t travel light with everything in one backpack), so it doesn’t matter.

lewisc

You can use the "single use" toothbrushes more then once. A few days, maybe a week. A regular toothbrush will frequently last 6 months.

You don't bring home the disposable toothbrush.

LittleBuford

So when I did some travelling in my (even) younger years, I took a couple of “travel” toothbrushes. The advantage is that you can click the lid on and not get everything in your wash bag wet.

Now I have a “wet” and a “dry” wash bag (and don’t travel light with everything in one backpack), so it doesn’t matter.
I know the travel ones with the lids—they sold them in Boots and I also used them! Interestingly, I don’t think they’re as much of a thing in the US (though you can buy travel cases for your toothbrushes here).

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Nothing is free. The cost of complimentary items is built in to the amount they charge you. Outside of Disney, hotels that offer a complimentary breakfast build that cost into the price of the room stay. Same for complimentary toiletry items.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I don’t even know what a single-use toothbrush is!
I think they're referring to these, maybe?:
e337976d1fdd7ec8aedd3a449ec64dfd.jpg_720x720q80.jpg

Ayla

A vending machine hanging on the wall near the sinks in a public toilet (restroom). Maybe you call them something else, but they’re ubiquitous at airports, petrol stations, clubs, etc.
Must be a UK thing. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I have been in airports and gas stations all over the US, and if there even is a vending machine in the bathroom, it only has feminine hygiene products and sometimes condoms.

LittleBuford

Must be a UK thing. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I have been in airports and gas stations all over the US, and if there even is a vending machine in the bathroom, it only has feminine hygiene products and sometimes condoms.
Although I've lived most of my adult life in the US, I still get confused about what's on this side of the Atlantic and back home!

And to complicate matters further, machines that dispense toothbrushes seem to be a continental European thing rather than something you'd find in the UK, where instead we have these absurd contraptions:

IMG_1890.jpg

Sir_Cliff

Yes, being from Australia and only having attended male restrooms, I also think of vending machines in bathrooms as dispensing condoms. Makes some sense as I've never been in a public restroom and had the urge to pick up a toothbrush before continuing on with my day.

IanDLBZF

For the record, I stayed at the Grand Bohemian in Savannah back in November 2022, and they have a shave kit with shaving cream and razor, and a dental kit with a toothbrush and toothpaste. This mind you is a 4-star hotel part of the Marriott Autograph Collection brand. And boy was I surprised when I saw that.
69009051986__4BBDF071-B436-4C83-B643-26E25FA53456.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom