1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Did Six Flags create the best shooting ride?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Edward M, May 24, 2016.

1. Bairstow

Bairstow Well-Known Member

2. TubaGeek

TubaGeek God bless the "Ignore" button.

I still hold Spidey in much higher regard than Transformers. Having moving elements, even if they're not AAs makes the ride come to life. Heck, given the restrictions on AAs when Spidey was built, I don't even know if I would want any. Maybe Doc Ock's arms...

brb1006 and Bairstow like this.
  3. FoodRockz

FoodRockz Active Member

Good point. And I definitely agree with Spidey being better than Transformers.

TubaGeek likes this.
  4. Jimmy Thick

Jimmy Thick Well-Known Member

Well, if I remember my days from Six Flags, this attraction was probably half working by mid summer. Hopefully they improved especially at Great America, but I vividly remember maintenance lacking there.

Cmdr_Crimson likes this.
  5. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

Status update on Battle for Metropolis at Magic Mountain. They have a new white steel show building built. Nothing built around the building yet. The area in from of Riddlers Revenge is fenced off. The Texas BBQ is also down. Looks like the whole area in front of the ride and Riddlers is being rebuilt. Lots of dug up cement

brb1006 likes this.
  6. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

Here is the Battle for Metropolis building and surrounding area at Magic Mountain. I guess the "backlot" area will be rethemed in front of Riddler's Revenge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

I guess the white building will look like the Hall of Justice when it is done.

[​IMG]

8. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

I went last week to see how the progress on BFM is coming along. All they have done since March is put a steel frame of the Hall of Justice on the show building. The surrounding area is still a mess. However Riddler's Revenge got painted. Hopefully they fix the station lighting. The ride is suppose to open this summer. How hard is it to paint a building and landscape the area?

9. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

I've only been to a Six Flags once, and barely remember it. Maybe we'll check it out during a St Louis trip sometime. Kiddo would love this ride.

10. Cmdr_Crimson

Cmdr_Crimson Well-Known Member

It's been over a year now and for the one at SFGAm while it does get a good crowd it does have some flaws..Many of the projections have been dimmed badly, the 3D is off at times, the audio is much quieter (so quiet you can literally hear the clicking of the triggers of the guns your using) and some of the effects aren't as good when they were first used...It's a shame that none of the Six Flags got the superior version of the Justice League Alien Invasion that's at Warner Bros Movieworld that has good mix of AA's and Projections..

brb1006 likes this.