Did Six Flags create the best shooting ride?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I appreciate the Joker AA towards the beginning, when they could have easily used a screen. That's part of my disappointment with Spiderman/Transformers. Not even 1 AA, really Uni?
I still hold Spidey in much higher regard than Transformers. Having moving elements, even if they're not AAs makes the ride come to life. Heck, given the restrictions on AAs when Spidey was built, I don't even know if I would want any. Maybe Doc Ock's arms...

FoodRockz

I still hold Spidey in much higher regard than Transformers. Having moving elements, even if they're not AAs makes the ride come to life. Heck, given the restrictions on AAs when Spidey was built, I don't even know if I would want any. Maybe Doc Ock's arms...
Good point. And I definitely agree with Spidey being better than Transformers.

Jimmy Thick

Well, if I remember my days from Six Flags, this attraction was probably half working by mid summer. Hopefully they improved especially at Great America, but I vividly remember maintenance lacking there.

Phroobar

Status update on Battle for Metropolis at Magic Mountain. They have a new white steel show building built. Nothing built around the building yet. The area in from of Riddlers Revenge is fenced off. The Texas BBQ is also down. Looks like the whole area in front of the ride and Riddlers is being rebuilt. Lots of dug up cement

Phroobar

Here is the Battle for Metropolis building and surrounding area at Magic Mountain. I guess the "backlot" area will be rethemed in front of Riddler's Revenge.

IMG_20170329_162253_zpsg7nlaq8f.jpg

IMG_20170329_162231_zps3utv1fpi.jpg

IMG_20170329_162122_zpsotidf2a7.jpg

Phroobar

I went last week to see how the progress on BFM is coming along. All they have done since March is put a steel frame of the Hall of Justice on the show building. The surrounding area is still a mess. However Riddler's Revenge got painted. Hopefully they fix the station lighting. The ride is suppose to open this summer. How hard is it to paint a building and landscape the area?

21stamps

I've only been to a Six Flags once, and barely remember it. Maybe we'll check it out during a St Louis trip sometime. Kiddo would love this ride.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's been over a year now and for the one at SFGAm while it does get a good crowd it does have some flaws..Many of the projections have been dimmed badly, the 3D is off at times, the audio is much quieter (so quiet you can literally hear the clicking of the triggers of the guns your using) and some of the effects aren't as good when they were first used...It's a shame that none of the Six Flags got the superior version of the Justice League Alien Invasion that's at Warner Bros Movieworld that has good mix of AA's and Projections..

Phroobar

Magic Mountain's Justice League Battle for Metropolis opens on July 12. Here it the state of the attraction as of June 29th.

sfmm10_8_orig.jpg

Bender123

Well, if I remember my days from Six Flags, this attraction was probably half working by mid summer. Hopefully they improved especially at Great America, but I vividly remember maintenance lacking there.

The one at Great America (IL) didn't even open until mid summer...Its a truly good ride though. The problem I have with Great America is that, as you said, theming maintenance is usually very lacking at Six Flags parks. Their safety is usually fantastic, but they make the Disco Yeti look like a marvel compared to what happens at Six Flags parks.

At Great America, the theming of Superman is faded plywood signs with the bio of characters on it, the Batmobile neat Batman:the ride is a all faded and broken, the queu lost its mist and the fan doesn't work, Demon lost its waterfall/lights/theme, etc...

With Six Flags its never about how they open, but how they look in three years and if they really care about keeping the theming going. If you come back next year and Cyborg is just a statue, then we know where this is going.

Phroobar

Checked out Battle for Metropolis at Magic Mountain. OMG! This is the best ride in the park. The attention to detail is amazing for Six Flags. There are 5 full motion AA figures, two preshows and the ride vehicles makes lots of moves. It is very similar to Spiderman or Transformers but you get guns that you can see the laser on the huge screens. Six Flags needs more of these kind of rides. The wait was only 15 minutes. No drinks in the building. It smells like a new house compared to the rest of the park that smells like barf. This ride totally outdoes Buzz Light year. Love the AA Harlequin at the end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom