Did I make a planning snafu? RE: National Dance Comp

We are going from Jan 28th (arriving late) to Feb 2nd (leaving) on the recommendation of a friend who said those are very slow times of year. I just realized that it is national dance competition weekend (1/31-2/1) so I heard that can cause some extra crowds. We're staying at the contemporary so I don't think that we'll have them staying at our hotels, but are there any tips for avoiding the packs?

Are the crowds actually not bad while the competition is going on *during the day I assume*? Any other tips for avoiding the pack? We'll be more early risers since we have young kids...rope drop every morning I would assume.

MissingDisney

They stay at the values usually, compete all day, hit the parks for the evening and run the resort all night. Given your situation, you should be just fine. Enjoy!:)

Upvote 0

matt9112

Most all tour groups of any variety stay at value resorts...it is in essence the tour groups natural habitat where they may contest one another for dominance...most often around the signature pool area. Once dominance is established they often make sleep for the other species difficult into the night.

Upvote 0

ZachS

My wife and I stayed at All Star Movies on our honeymoon during a cheerleading competition, the resort itself was crowded and once or twice the line for the bus was pretty long but it didn't really impact anything in the parks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom