Diaper bag question...

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Hello all... I am using a very small diaper bag (a Mickey Mouse one of course) and I was wondering how many of you have left the diaper bag in the basket of the stroller or hanging?? I don't think anyone will steal it, but I wanted to know what you all thought.

Thanks for your help!!

G8rchamps

We have been to the parks quite a bit lately and leave a bag on the stroller every day. I have even left my camera bag hanging behind our other bag and we have never had an issue. Not to say it couldn't happen....but we have been fine.

Remember the stroller police will occasionally move your stroller for you in the parking areas so don't be scared that the whole thing got taken.

BobConnor

I serious doubt someone will grab a diaper bag.
Actually, they might. According to Ellen Pompeo from Gray's Anatomy, 1/3 of all families cannot afford disposable diapers, especially after spending all that money on a Disney vacation. If you have any Pampers or Huggies better guard them with your life. Ellen says that "Diaper need" is a national crisis!

Weather_Lady

Unless your diaper bag is an expensive bag in its own right (or looks nice enough to be mistaken for a designer bag), I wouldn't worry about anyone trying to steal it.

If you want to make it even less desirable to a would-be thief, use a ratty old bag as your vacation diaper bag instead of a nice one, don't keep more than a days' worth of diapers inside, and tuck it down in the bottom of the stroller where it can't be grabbed without some effort.

BobConnor

The fact we have to fear that people would steal diapers is absolutely sad. :(

Well, that's the problem of diaper need, some people can't afford those expensive disposable diapers and do desperate things. Two ways they could solve the problem: 1. Use cloth diapers, although at Disney World that is a whole other slew of problems. 2. Better yet, stop having kids you can't afford!

SagamoreBeach

As Aida likes to say... I raised 5 children and never used a disposable diaper!
By the way...she also thinks Cool Whip is an abomination. But that's mom.
-T

Lance

We usually just bring Wipes and Dipes, stuff them under the stroller, no diaper bag.... but man, you guys are making me think twice with the Diaper bandits on the prowl...lol.

I never leave my camera under the stroller, or any valuables, but I would leave a diaper bag if I brought one.

We didnt' have any issues last trip with our two strollers and diaper bags hanging off each of them. Like others have mentioned though, the strollers often do change locations as CM move them or rearrange them.

DisneyDreamer08

I have heard that if you take a clean diaper & roll it up with the sticky tabs (like you do when it's dirty) and then put it on top of all your stuff in the basket, then no one will touch your stuff :) I have also heard you can roll up your valuables (watch, phone etc) when you go on a ride where they might get wet and leave that in the stroller basket as well. No one will want to touch what they think is a stinky diaper!

BobConnor

I have heard that if you take a clean diaper & roll it up with the sticky tabs (like you do when it's dirty) and then put it on top of all your stuff in the basket, then no one will touch your stuff :) I have also heard you can roll up your valuables (watch, phone etc) when you go on a ride where they might get wet and leave that in the stroller basket as well. No one will want to touch what they think is a stinky diaper!

Better yet, why don't you potty train your kids before they are like, I don't know, 4 years old?

But I know, when parents use Pampers, the kids like them so much they don't want to go potty when they are supposed to.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Better yet, why don't you potty train your kids before they are like, I don't know, 4 years old?

But I know, when parents use Pampers, the kids like them so much they don't want to go potty when they are supposed to.
A wonderful snarky comment, but all kids potty train differently.

That being said, mine was done by 3, though she still had "emergencies" until she was 5 or so.

Anyhow, the OP never clarified the ages of the children, merely asked a question about whether it's safe to leave the bag on the stroller rather than carry it through experiences, and I'd say, overall, it is. Just don't make it a nice one, and don't keep it overly visible (put it in the stroller seat while in lines), and don't keep any irreplacables / special items in it...just diapers / wipes etc...

Also, please don't leave a (even clean) diaper bundled up on it. That's a fun joke to josh about, but in reality is rather disgusting to see.

If she's really that concerned, they do rent lockers near the front of the park, and that's a perfect solution.

Also, unless your kid is a pooping machine, you really have no reason to carry a whole lot of supplies. When my kiddo was in that stage, I could get by with a very small bag that had 2 diapers, a thin ziploc with a few dozen wipes, and a few other items. Granted, I never used that setup at Disney (didn't take my kiddo until she was potty trained), but I did use it at various zoos and museums and other things.

There's no need for the massive army pack diaper bags that I've seen unless your kiddo processes food extremely quickly, or eats taco bell as a baby.

alissafalco

@BobConnor stop being a troll..

Anyway, we have always left our diaper bag hanging from the stroller and we have never had a problem. However, I would never leave anything of value in the stroller. Even if someone did come along and steal our diaper bag, all they would be stealing is a few diapers and wipes, which would maybe be worth about 2$. So, I wouldn't lose sleep over it if it was ever stolen. My diaper bag is nothing special either, it's old and getting a bit ratty looking anyway. I agree with the OP also, don't have a nice diaper bag, bring an old bag that if it were to be stolen you wouldn't care that much. But like I said, I have always left my diaper bag hanging on the stroller countless times at WDW and never had a problem.

DisneyDreamer08

For the record, my daughter is 3 1/2 (she'll be almost 4 for her 1st trip which is coming up in a few months), and she has been fully potty trained for well over a year. I still carry wipes in my purse though, for cleaning hands and faces, and we will be bringing our own food, drinks & snacks into the park. We are bringing our own stroller from home, which has a basket on the bottom, and I do plan on putting our snacks, wipes etc down in the basket. When I read about the clean rolled up diaper idea, I thought it was GENIUS and we definitely plan on bringing a diaper from home and leaving that in the basket as well. The fact that people are grossed out by it is exactly the reaction I was hoping for!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom