Diagon full opening day

khale1970

They have had 8 running but right now it can handle only 5 I believe.

Expect about 3000 an hour when 8 run.

Forgive my ignorance, but are there two tracks on this ride like on Space Mountain? I ask because with 8 RVs that seat 12 each, capacity would seem to me to be around 1500 per hour for a 4 minute ride.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Forgive my ignorance, but are there two tracks on this ride like on Space Mountain? I ask because with 8 RVs that seat 12 each, capacity would seem to me to be around 1500 per hour for a 4 minute ride.
One track, duel load.

Each train has two RVs, so that's 24 not 12 guests dispatched each time.

I'm trying to get clarification but I'll downsize my estimate to about 2400 an hour on average with 8 trains.

Last edited:

TalkingHead

A few tidbits on those new shows--the highlight of D.A. for me...

The puppets reportedly cost $10k each. They already have a second set of puppets on-site for another show--"The Fountain of Fair Fortune"--but there are issues getting that one approved by WB at the moment. Once it's worked out--and I assume it will be--the two shows should rotate throughout the day.

Does Celestina Warbeck's performance seem above and beyond your average theme park show? It should--songwriting and choreography were outsourced to Broadway (the same team that created "First Date" last year).

Also, finally tried both new beers. Dragon Scale, the red, is the better of the two; a fairly basic red, similar to the one in Hog's Head, not overly hoppy. Wizard's Brew is like a Guiness only sweeter, very coffee like taste. I didn't care for the extra sweetness.

Non-alcohol wise, the Fish Ale is sickly sweet, could only take like two sips; I couldn't identify any other flavor other than sugar. The Orange Fizz is very good tho, not as cloying, with a cinnamon rim that further cuts the sweetness. Very refreshing.

Thanks for the reviews of the beverages. I had the Dragon Scale and rather liked it (though I prefer mixed drinks, so I'm no beer connoisseur). The Tongue-Twisting Squash Lemonade stuff is pretty tart, but it didn't seem too unorthodox.

I've heard mixed opinions on Fish Ale. Nothing to make me want to try it. But Orange Fizz sounds like it's worth checking out.

khale1970

One track, duel load.

Each train has two RVs, so that's 24 not 12 guests dispatched each time.

I'm trying to get clarification but I'll downsize my estimate to about 2400 an hour on average with 8 trains.

Thanks for the clarification, and 2400 is still an amazing capacity. That quality of a ride with that high of a capacity speaks volumes about what UNI is doing these days.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the clarification, and 2400 is still an amazing capacity. That quality of a ride with that high of a capacity speaks volumes about what UNI is doing these days.
You're welcome. I'm still trying to get a definitive number.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom