Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster

TalkingHead

Milla4Prez66

hidden-gems-in-diagon-alley
hidden-gems-in-diagon-alley
http://www.buzzfeed.com/ariellecalderon/hidden-gems-in-diagon-alley

Cool article, but some of those aren't hidden gems at all. Like the dragon breathing fire, lol. That's as unhidden as anything in the park.

Snowflake82

In December we will be spending 5 days at our beachclub DVC and we are going to MK one day and Uni for 2 days. The rest will be spent at our pool. I won't be visiting the other 3 Disney parks until there are some improvements. Plenty of other things to see in orlando from my DVC base.

We considered doing this minus the MK day (our kids are not to interested in FLE). But after thinking about possible crowd levels with the opening of DA, we decided it made more sense to rent out our points and use the cash to stay on site at Universal - Express Pass was the big motivator.

Timekeeper

With such long lines for Gringotts, can someone help explain how the lockers work? I obviously can't place my items into a locker 5 hours in advance, so do they have it set up in a manner that makes the lockers usable for guests wanting to ride?

JoeCamel

The lockers are set to 2 hours free but with the long waits they have TMs there that have an override code and you are not charged.

Timekeeper

The lockers are set to 2 hours free but with the long waits they have TMs there that have an override code and you are not charged.

I understand that there are TMs that can always override any locker at the "free while you ride" locker attractions, but with respect to Gringotts, it wouldn't make sense for the early guests in the long queue to clog up all the lockers for people who are ahead of them in line.

I thought that Uni might have those guests near the front of the queue have access to the lockers and then be able get back in line to enter the attraction, so that they only use the lockers for the duration of the ride, thus freeing up lockers for those who need them, and not the countless people waiting for these extended wait times.

Is that not how things are being managed with the lockers?

Has anyone here not been able to ride because of locker unavailability?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I understand that there are TMs that can always override any locker at the "free while you ride" locker attractions, but with respect to Gringotts, it wouldn't make sense for the early guests in the long queue to clog up all the lockers for people who are ahead of them in line.
Yes, there are.

71jason

A few tidbits on those new shows--the highlight of D.A. for me...

The puppets reportedly cost $10k each. They already have a second set of puppets on-site for another show--"The Fountain of Fair Fortune"--but there are issues getting that one approved by WB at the moment. Once it's worked out--and I assume it will be--the two shows should rotate throughout the day.

Does Celestina Warbeck's performance seem above and beyond your average theme park show? It should--songwriting and choreography were outsourced to Broadway (the same team that created "First Date" last year).

Also, finally tried both new beers. Dragon Scale, the red, is the better of the two; a fairly basic red, similar to the one in Hog's Head, not overly hoppy. Wizard's Brew is like a Guiness only sweeter, very coffee like taste. I didn't care for the extra sweetness.

Non-alcohol wise, the Fish Ale is sickly sweet, could only take like two sips; I couldn't identify any other flavor other than sugar. The Orange Fizz is very good tho, not as cloying, with a cinnamon rim that further cuts the sweetness. Very refreshing.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The lockers aren't in the line like the Hogwart's ride? I remember you had to enter under the castle before you got to the lockers so not just anyone could walk up and use them you had to reach a certain point in line.

JT3000

The lockers aren't in the line like the Hogwart's ride? I remember you had to enter under the castle before you got to the lockers so not just anyone could walk up and use them you had to reach a certain point in line.

The lockers have their own alcove off to the right of the ride entrance. This was done to prevent FJ's problem of locker-using people holding up the line.

Timekeeper

The entrance is between the pillars on the left, and the lockers are through the arch behind the golden goblin on the right.

d4d31d47-42d9-4997-862a-63ee19429000_800.jpg

I don't mean to repeat my original question, but has anyone here (or know of anyone that has) not been able to ride because of locker unavailability?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom