DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

MerlinTheGoat

Want to play at being a Disney insider without being laughed off a forum? Start with just two fairly simple goals first and foremost. First, post something actually new (something that people didn't know about for a fairly lengthy period of time beforehand, let alone something over two years old). Second, try to provide information that isn't completely debunked only one week after you post it. Otherwise people have no reason to believe anything you claim. Just like the countless number of other people who have joined these forums and posed as fake insiders only to be found out in the end.

Posted on September 5th...
Big Bad Wolf said:
You all need to get a grip and stop the bashing. You only want to be the gate keeper fact checkers. Can't stand it when others know the truth.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/frozen-ride-replacing-maelstrom.878451/page-217#post-6311140

Precisely one week later (September 12th)...
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/09/frozen-attraction-coming-to-epcot/

But nah, I guess people are just being stupid for distrusting you after that...

Last edited:

AEfx

Toy Story Midway Mania draws better in Florida than it does in Anaheim, while Star Tours 2 hit bigger in Disneyland than at WDW. There's no guarantee that Cars Land would be as big a hit in Florida as it has been at the Disneyland Resort.

I don't pretend to know who said what and I can't say I've followed this thread closely, though I've read it here and there - but whomever made the above statement (not sure if it was the poster who posted it or part of the article, was not clear), but that's the biggest load of hooey I have heard in a long time, because whomever wrote it is completely ignorant of the parks and how they work, or pretending they are in order to support their position.

To be more specific - the first two statements are entirely without context, and the conclusion is based on those false assertions.

TSM "draws better" in FL (and I'm presuming since Disney isn't telling us, that this assumption is based solely upon wait times as that's the only logical basis in this shaky comparison) because it's one of the only attractions in the park that cater to that demographic, is located in the central pathway of the park, and lots of folks repeat because of the dearth of overall ride attractions. At DCA, it's stuck on the back side of the park and there are a broader variety of things for more general audiences there - not to mention that in spite of the bus connection, if you want more of those types of rides one can just walk across the esplanade in about the same time as it takes you to cross within a single WDW park itself (the audience isn't as "captive" and apt to re-ride, and Park Hopping is generally cheaper/more common at Disneyland to begin with).

Star Tours 2 has more waits in DLR than DHS is even less of a "duh". Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe to begin with DLR still only has four bays vs. DHS's six. You are also comparing a rather out-of-the-way attraction in a 10M/visitor a year park vs. one of the flagship rides in one of the major lands in a 16+M/visitor a year park. Depending on which way you approach the park, Star Tours can very well be the first major attraction you walk past.

Now, the fact whomever said that is full of bantha poo-doo doesn't lead to that conclusion, but it also doesn't necessarily preclude it, either. It simply doesn't support it.

That said, I don't know how anyone could realistically think that Carsland wouldn't be a mega hit at WDW, based upon the severe need in that park, the continued success of the franchise, and the rides included. Of course, that would all also depend on the quality of the Carsland that made it over.

I think it's pretty much a given that DCA's Carsland is arguably the most themed environment in a stateside park and that great expense was spent on it - it's doubtful that we could expect that same level at WDW. One can always hope, but to be honest - I'm hoping that's the kind of money (and more) that eventually gets put into Star Wars.

So I don't buy for one second anyone is hesitating due to fear it won't be as popular - it's entirely about money and hedging priorities (i.e. how much land Star Wars ends up getting), or we would already have one in there.

Unplugged

I just read through 2 pages of pointless bashing. Big Bad Wolf posted the older article for the purpose of clarifying what Kathy Mangum's role was and who cleaned up DCA. I figured out why he posted it by simply reading the thread. It was to end the haggling on Kathy verse Kevin. For those who missed that article or were not aware, it provided clarification. Why did I have to wade through 2 pages of petty haggling on the reply folks.

I'd say we're above this, but obviously only a few are. So allow me to put on my waders so I can go through another 3 pages of muddy pointless bashing to get to something new when it's eventually posted.

PhotoDave219

You all need to get a grip and stop the bashing. You only want to be the gate keeper fact checkers. Can't stand it when others know the truth.

I've been over this many many many many many times.

I will not burn my sources nor will I burned my friends to placate some guy on the Internet.

That being said… Exactly what is your point? That Kathy magnum is in charge of the new projects at the studios?

That's old news by your own quoting of the Sentinel article from two years ago.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I just read through 2 pages of pointless bashing. Big Bad Wolf posted the older article for the purpose of clarifying what Kathy Mangum's role was and who cleaned up DCA. I figured out why he posted it by simply reading the thread. It was to end the haggling on Kathy verse Kevin. For those who missed that article or were not aware, it provided clarification. Why did I have to wade through 2 pages of petty haggling on the reply folks.

I'd say we're above this, but obviously only a few are. So allow me to put on my waders so I can go through another 3 pages of muddy pointless bashing to get to something new when it's eventually posted.
I don't really care about Kathy or Kevin or who cleaned up what. I'm curious to know what's going to happen now with DHS. If someone has credible inside info and wants to share I'm all ears.

Cesar R M

Just curious.... Do you own a Time machine or did you just come out of a coma?
he's probably just seeking attention.
Some people have the tendency (specially online) to say BS to attract viewers, followers..etc..
Specially when they noticed how popular certain groups are (in this forums's case.. the insiders)

RSoxNo1

That said, I don't know how anyone could realistically think that Carsland wouldn't be a mega hit at WDW, based upon the severe need in that park, the continued success of the franchise, and the rides included. Of course, that would all also depend on the quality of the Carsland that made it over.

I think it's pretty much a given that DCA's Carsland is arguably the most themed environment in a stateside park and that great expense was spent on it - it's doubtful that we could expect that same level at WDW. One can always hope, but to be honest - I'm hoping that's the kind of money (and more) that eventually gets put into Star Wars.

So I don't buy for one second anyone is hesitating due to fear it won't be as popular - it's entirely about money and hedging priorities (i.e. how much land Star Wars ends up getting), or we would already have one in there.
I will argue that Diagon Alley as a land is better themed and more cohesive than Cars Land, only because you cannot see any other area of the park. Unfortunately in Cars Land you can still see Tower of Terror. In terms of comparing attractions I would take Radiator Springs Racers over Escape from Gringotts.

DinoInstitute

I will argue that Diagon Alley as a land is better themed and more cohesive than Cars Land, only because you cannot see any other area of the park. Unfortunately in Cars Land you can still see Tower of Terror. In terms of comparing attractions I would take Radiator Springs Racers over Escape from Gringotts.
I have never been to CL, but I heard that on Luigi's there is a completely open space that shows ToT and other un-themed areas. Is that true? Because it would probably make me a little annoyed, even though the rest of the land is great!

RSoxNo1

I have never been to CL, but I heard that on Luigi's there is a completely open space that shows ToT and other un-themed areas. Is that true? Because it would probably make me a little annoyed, even though the rest of the land is great!
Yeah, there are a few areas where you can see Tower of Terror. It's pretty much unavoidable given the size of Tower of Terror. Diagon Alley (as well as Hogsmeade) made a deliberate effort to not have any outside intrusions in the land from a dining and merchandise standpoint. Cars Land does this for the most part, but there are still 3rd party beverage brands at the restaurants. It's not a big deal, but when you're talking about highly themed lands it really only comes down to minor things.

rle4lunch

Wow... I mean, I absolutely love Disneyland, and many of its rides are superior to Magic Kingdom's, but if there is one thing that is better at Walt Disney World, that is the queue lines. 90% of Disneyland's queues are horrible.

I'm not meaing logistically, I mean artistically. I grew up going to WDW, didn't even see DL until I was 27 years old, but thematically DL beats WDW, especially FL (Not NFL, they've done a GREAT job with it). Look at IASW, now thats just pathetic at WDW, along with the whole cardboard carnival atmosphere of FL and the ride fascias. Now, take a walk thru the same attractions at DL, the workmanship of the buildings and ride fascia are hands down some of the best at all Disney parks. WDW FL just feels cheap and I really hope they continue the NFL attention to detail thru the rest of that land in the near future. Indiana Jones queue is ridiculously awesome, Big Thunder is about the same as WDW. HM is about the same (I'm not too sold on the interactive stuff at WDW's HM, but it's 'cute' and gives the kids something to do). Space Mountain is about the same in both parks as well. Star Tours is pretty great as well at DL. WDW's is okay, but not quite the same. ToT queue is great at DL as well, once inside the building. Needless to say, I think your 90% assessment is a little skewed.

rle4lunch

Yes, you can see it a little. But if you're looking up in the sky while riding Luigi's, you're not enjoying the ride at all. You're more focused on trying to get your dang tire going the right way to run into other people! :)

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Star Tours 2 has more waits in DLR than DHS is even less of a "duh". Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe to begin with DLR still only has four bays vs. DHS's six. You are also comparing a rather out-of-the-way attraction in a 10M/visitor a year park vs. one of the flagship rides in one of the major lands in a 16+M/visitor a year park. Depending on which way you approach the park, Star Tours can very well be the first major attraction you walk past.

Star Tours at DLR is fixed at four bays. It would very difficult ( if not impossible), to add bays. This attraction and queue was built inside the original footprint of an omni mover attraction called Adventure Thru InnerSpace.The inner space.attraction was fun when I was young, but I prefer it's replacement.

*1023*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom