DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

Monorail_Red_77

I completely agree! It's so close to Epcot!

Don't make me bust out my monorail wishful thinking map again. LOL

DHS and EPCOT are so close they could almost get away with linking them together with a peoplemover ride. They could have the entrance/exits within the park boundaries and check your ticket at the ride entrance. Boom, no baggage checks.

Did I mention I hate having to get bag checked at each park when hopping.

MonorailLover

Don't make me bust out my monorail wishful thinking map again. LOL

DHS and EPCOT are so close they could almost get away with linking them together with a peoplemover ride. They could have the entrance/exits within the park boundaries and check your ticket at the ride entrance. Boom, no baggage checks.

Did I mention I hate having to get bag checked at each park when hopping.
You and I sir need to do some arm chair imagineering...

doctornick

Any confirmation about the entrance change?
It makes too much sense and fits with the art not to.

My question is when the switch would occur. In an ideal world, they open the third track and new entrance/exit at the same time as TSL but it seems expected that TSL will take longer than the third track addition. So, will they open the additional track with the entrance/exit on Mickey Ave and then have to switch both the entrances and the exits to the other side of the building?

ToTBellHop

My question is when the switch would occur. In an ideal world, they open the third track and new entrance/exit at the same time as TSL but it seems expected that TSL will take longer than the third track addition. So, will they open the additional track with the entrance/exit on Mickey Ave and then have to switch both the entrances and the exits to the other side of the building?
That would make sense.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Yeah, I can't see them waiting for TSL to be complete to open the third track. When the reconfigure things to use the third track they could in theory set everything up so that the switch to the other side would be easy, that would allow for a quite switchover when TSL is done.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Yeah, I can't see them waiting for TSL to be complete to open the third track. When the reconfigure things to use the third track they could in theory set everything up so that the switch to the other side would be easy, that would allow for a quite switchover when TSL is done.

Think emergency exit. That is....if they had to move it because it would be in a backstage area....

*1023*

roj2323

Seems pretty obvious from the concept art, and just makes sense.
I'm thinking it's just a meet and greet building with a connection to the main building. I don't see any reason why they would want to Or need to close off the current entrance when they are building a huge new bypass, namely toy story land. The bypass in conjunction with the relocation of the woody/buzz meet and greet and the addition of a 3rd track to TSMM should virtully eliminate the current congestion problem.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm thinking it's just a meet and greet building with a connection to the main building. I don't see any reason why they would want to Or need to close off the current entrance when they are building a huge new bypass, namely toy story land. The bypass in conjunction with the relocation of the woody/buzz meet and greet and the addition of a 3rd track to TSMM should virtully eliminate the current congestion problem.

But I would think they would want the main entrance to the ride to be in the new land. There are also rumors that the current Pixar Place path will be closed off and become backstage space.

Rob562

But I would think they would want the main entrance to the ride to be in the new land. There are also rumors that the current Pixar Place path will be closed off and become backstage space.

While I understand that moving the entrance for TSMM kinda-sorta makes sense, and the entrance to the queue would be fairly simple and straight-forward, I'm having trouble envisioning how they could possibly reconfigure the exit without huge exit hallways.

As it exists now, the exit simply walks out the front of the building. Presumably the new 3rd track would exit out the front of its building too. But now try and get the Guests exiting the current TSMM around to the back side of the building. If you build a hallway around the Narnia side of the building, you have bathrooms and the maintenance shop to deal with. (The new track would presumably also have its own maintenance area that you'd have to contend with)

The only options I can come up with would have Guests either merging with the new side and exiting around the Soundstage 1 end of the building, though that would require a very long hallway around for the original side, or exit the guests in the original side to the corner of the building where the bathrooms are. This would put them outside the Toy Story Land expansion and very far away from where they parked their strollers.

One other option would be to switch the entrance and exit sides of the loading area, looping incoming riders around to the exit platform, and then exiting up and over the track, somehow threading them between the ride area and the queue.

-Rob

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
While I understand that moving the entrance for TSMM kinda-sorta makes sense, and the entrance to the queue would be fairly simple and straight-forward, I'm having trouble envisioning how they could possibly reconfigure the exit without huge exit hallways.

As it exists now, the exit simply walks out the front of the building. Presumably the new 3rd track would exit out the front of its building too. But now try and get the Guests exiting the current TSMM around to the back side of the building. If you build a hallway around the Narnia side of the building, you have bathrooms and the maintenance shop to deal with. (The new track would presumably also have its own maintenance area that you'd have to contend with)

The only options I can come up with would have Guests either merging with the new side and exiting around the Soundstage 1 end of the building, though that would require a very long hallway around for the original side, or exit the guests in the original side to the corner of the building where the bathrooms are. This would put them outside the Toy Story Land expansion and very far away from where they parked their strollers.

One other option would be to switch the entrance and exit sides of the loading area, looping incoming riders around to the exit platform, and then exiting up and over the track, somehow threading them between the ride area and the queue.

-Rob

How do you exit the ride now, I am not clear on this?
TSMlayout.jpg

chiefs11

-Rob
Hadn't thought about this idea before, but I think this makes the most sense. I was assuming they'd have to make a hallway exit all the way back around the front and maintenance side. But your way lets the exit be right next to the new entrance and much shorter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom