DHS ReDo (August 2014)

elchippo

I think a new Toontown in DHS would be a perfect fit. Personally, I've advocated putting it in the space between RNR and Animation Courtyard (you'd have to remove the CM dining area to enable a path to the courtyard) which would open up that space and provide better flow in the park.

I could see also using that space for a lot of the oldschool/fanboy friendly stuff found in DCA, like Silly Symphony swings, etc. Storybook Circus did an awesome job incorporating older properties from the 30s/40s.

DisDan

King Kong is going in Universal, so it won't be seen in Disney, Comcast has the IP.

i'm certainly not "In the know" about any of the on-goings at UNI land. But I remember riding the OLD King Kong attraction when UNI first opened! Are they bringing a new King Kong Attraction back to UNI?

BrerJon

i'm certainly not "In the know" about any of the on-goings at UNI land. But I remember riding the OLD King Kong attraction when UNI first opened! Are they bringing a new King Kong Attraction back to UNI?

There's a new movie in production called 'Skull Island' which is basically King Kong battling giant dinosaurs.

Grapevine says Universal are building a Skull Island area next to JP which can open at the same time the movie does in 2016 and will feature a ride based on the 3D King Kong at Hollywood, but expanded and fleshed out.

Kongfrontation was the big ride when the park opened, and next year is the 25th anniversary, so the announcement of a new Kong ride is being seen as something of an anniversary treat for longtime fans, as well as another punch in the Avatars for Disney.

jrriddle

You would think that Disney now own enough properties that they could populate GMR with their own characters only. Indy is already there. I recall a rumor about a Luke/Vader AA lightsabre duel scene going into the proposed but never built Paris GMR. Pixar Muppets (we could finally get a little piece of the Muppets Great Movie ride) Star Wars (obviously no Marvel). Then there are the live action Disney stuff from the more recent Alice and Maleficent, Pirates etc to 20K leagues under the Sea, Treasure Island, Swiss Family Robinson (Mary Poppins is already there). Then show clips from past AND upcoming Disney Movies in the final room. Make it Disney's Great Movie Ride. Just my two cents. Please feel free to flame at will :)

Mike S

You would think that Disney now own enough properties that they could populate GMR with their own characters only. Indy is already there. I recall a rumor about a Luke/Vader AA lightsabre duel scene going into the proposed but never built Paris GMR. Pixar Muppets (we could finally get a little piece of the Muppets Great Movie ride) Star Wars (obviously no Marvel). Then there are the live action Disney stuff from the more recent Alice and Maleficent, Pirates etc to 20K leagues under the Sea, Treasure Island, Swiss Family Robinson (Mary Poppins is already there). Then show clips from past AND upcoming Disney Movies in the final room. Make it Disney's Great Movie Ride. Just my two cents. Please feel free to flame at will :)
Flame.

I think a new Toontown in DHS would be a perfect fit. Personally, I've advocated putting it in the space between RNR and Animation Courtyard (you'd have to remove the CM dining area to enable a path to the courtyard) which would open up that space and provide better flow in the park.

id love to see a new toon town put in DHS !

misterID

There's a new movie in production called 'Skull Island' which is basically King Kong battling giant dinosaurs.

Grapevine says Universal are building a Skull Island area next to JP which can open at the same time the movie does in 2016 and will feature a ride based on the 3D King Kong at Hollywood, but expanded and fleshed out.

Kongfrontation was the big ride when the park opened, and next year is the 25th anniversary, so the announcement of a new Kong ride is being seen as something of an anniversary treat for longtime fans, as well as another punch in the Avatars for Disney.
This is true :)

Hula Popper

I saw on some blog, can't remember which, a rumor about an AA kong that will be running after the ride vehicle.

EDIT - I guess the part about running after the ride vehicle, was something my imagination filled in, lol. Here's the note about the AA that will run:

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/08/rumors-are-universal-king-kong.html

BrerJon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom