DHS ReDo (August 2014)

Turtle

Original Poster
(infamous) Jim Hill spoke about the DHS redo on the Disney Dish podcast. http://podbay.fm/show/452620851/e/1407646860?autostart=1

Discuss and take with grains of salt.

Highlights:

- Steve Davison is working on a new Illuminations for 2016-ish.
- DHS huge redo is a 5+ year build. First is Star Wars
- Osborne lights could be renamed and tinkered with
- Mystic Manor tech coming to Studios
- Maelstrom Closing For Frozen
- Great Movie Ride's Removal and a "Very Cool" Removal
- Spinners and B Tickets For Families in DHS
- Hollywood/Dine and Indy stays from Echo Lake.
- A Star Wars tatooine "street" from Echo Lake Remains w/restaurants, shops, Jedi Academy in Sounds Dangerous. will be totally immersive star wars experience. Using the force like Potter's wands including the dark side of the force.
- An X-Wing spinner: you go up and down and open the wings. Cantina will be there. Star Tours stays as is.
- Imagineers toured Diagon Alley. 700 million star wars budget.
- Next 5 Years an Arms-Race For Theme Parks

Last edited:

Sped2424

tumblr_na10tcyE1v1rafdwyo3_500.gif

ABQ

First it was mentioned another thread and second it's 99% already discussed on this forum… As there's no new information.

Lastly, it sounds like a giant pile of guano.
I tried to listen to his blathering ejectamenta, however he just comes off as so full of himself, that I couldn't put up with it much. It did make me wonder if anyone on this forum has eaten a catered dinner within the Great Movie Ride though, that sounds like an interesting event.

afar28

Lots to listen to but sounds interesting. Much of the stuff discussed in the podcast has been mentioned here before so nothing really new.

Sped2424

highlights for those that don't want to hear (Not saying any of this is true)

Steve Davison (spelt wrong sorry) is working on a new show for Epcot's lagoon.

DHS huge redo star wars being the 1st component of this giant redo.

Osborne lights could be renamed to Christmas light fights based off of new television show

Sped2424

Ratatouille's ride technology is coming to hollywood studios, but he can't say the themeing.

The Great Movie Ride is going away, something "Very cool" (Not a frozen hint) is going in there.

Star Wars work will begin in January.

Sped2424

A lot of the redo is just B tickets, and C ticket spinners. In order to create more family things to do.

The Hat and it's stage component is staying in some form. Tangled possibly replacing beauty and the beast.

Mouse Trap

Would anyone mind sharing if this Jim Hill is any sort of credible? Has he ever broke a rumor(s) which came to life?

This would be nice for the unaware, like myself.

Sped2424

Would anyone mind sharing if this Jim Hill is any sort of credible? Has he ever broke a rumor(s) which came to life?

This would be nice for the unaware, like myself.
I have heard on this site that he does have some inside information. The difference is unlike many insiders who wait to see if something is actually going to happen he takes anything he hears as fact and says it's on it's way rather than waiting. Which can be problematic because plans change quite often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom